• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's DFA DJ Peterson

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's making organizational decisions based on emotions? If that's the case, we're fucked. One simply cannot just say "screw it" and DFA a young player.

I think there is more to this we just haven't heard or know about......

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's making organizational decisions based on emotions? If that's the case, we're fucked. One simply cannot just say "screw it" and DFA a young player.

Yet here we are.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't he need to open up a spot on the 40 man for Martin?

Why would he need to open up a spot on the 40-Man roster when it doesn't take effect until September? The roster currently stands at 25 man and DJ Peterson has nothing to do with Martin.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he need to open up a spot on the 40-Man roster when it doesn't take effect until September? The roster currently stands at 25 man and DJ Peterson has nothing to do with Martin.

If Martin wasn't on the 40 man roster then he would need to be added to it before he could be called up to the bigs. Even though the MLB roster is still limited to 25 until September, the 40 man roster still exists.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Martin wasn't on the 40 man roster then he would need to be added to it before he could be called up to the bigs. Even though the MLB roster is still limited to 25 until September, the 40 man roster still exists.
That's true and I understand... thanks for clearing that up. I assumed that Martin was already on the eligible 40 man roster already after he cleared waiver in April. The point being is that i dont think Peterson's DFA had nothing to do with Martin.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true and I understand... thanks for clearing that up. I assumed that Martin was already on the eligible 40 man roster already after he cleared waiver in April. The point being is that i dont think Peterson's DFA had nothing to do with Martin.

Gotcha, and yeah I honestly don't know if he was on the 40 man roster previously or not, I don't pay attention to it that closely.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is more to this we just haven't heard or know about......

I was listening to the beat writer on the radio today, he said DJ has had a piss poor attitude since he came to the Mariners organization and Jerry f*ed up big time by putting him on the 40 man essentially putting his DFA clock on. I am full of anti Jerry right now from the O'Neill deal so I may be the one that's just being delusional and can't see the big picture but I just can't grasp a professional GM not being able to flip one of his top 20 prospects for anything, cash, a PTBNL or packaged him in one of the deals Jerry has made.

No doubt he was expendable since he hasn't anywhere lived up to expectations and his primary position is blocked by Seager and his secondary position is blocked by two of Jerry's guys now. So I get giving up on him with his not being a team guy on one hand but the other hand Jerry now has blown up the entire farm system except essentially two guys but is always preaching about the farm system. It just seems like Jack Z all over again where he preached analytics then went completely against it by making trades and free agent signings for power hitters and poor defensive players.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck em. 26 year old "prospect" that hasn't hit since A ball. Move him down the road and give the AB's and experience to someone else.