• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's 4 game set vs Astro's 4/29-5/3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually called the game over right before that pitch to my wife. No way Leone should have been left in there. He was clearly struggling. Very dumb move.

Me too... In fact, I told my wife the minute Altuve stepped up to the plate that the game was over... Leone stinks... You waste the opportunity to put the best hitter on 1B with an intentional walk... Once he walked the hitter in front of Altuve, I figured it was over...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altuve better than all Mariner hitters combined.

Mariners continue to shoot themselves in their collective foot. Three killer plays (maybe more but what I remember:

1- Failure to make simple catch to lead off game for Astos...and he scores.
2- Miller fails to score on grounder to 3B when 3B was playing back...and didn't score.
3- LoMo plays 5 inches off line and ball still gets by him?...and winning run scores.

I could add a 4th with Smith's bad throw to 3B when he had runner out. Just too many brainfarts which has become common place for M's.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Ackley situation is really making my blood boil. The only possible way to make this bust draft pick even worse is refusing to cut the cord which is what's happening. The two Ackley staples are the weak rounders to 2nd or a weak pop out to left. Either may have scored the run in the 9th but instead he struck out because he's Ackley. Why he even faced a lefty with ruggiano or weeks available is a different issue. I just know Ack is in Smoak territory and it's going to be an anchor on the team until it's dealt with.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Ackley situation is really making my blood boil. The only possible way to make this bust draft pick even worse is refusing to cut the cord which is what's happening. The two Ackley staples are the weak rounders to 2nd or a weak pop out to left. Either may have scored the run in the 9th but instead he struck out because he's Ackley. Why he even faced a lefty with ruggiano or weeks available is a different issue. I just know Ack is in Smoak territory and it's going to be an anchor on the team until it's dealt with.
That's the problem with this whole platoon situation. If the skipper went to one of those other two obviously the astros would have changed to a rt hander (as they did after Ack got out for Zunino). So what you were presented with was which was the highest percentage option: Ack vs a lefty or either of the other two vs a righty when you couldn't afford a strike out and needed something in the air.

Because you don't let any of those guys bat that often against the other handed pitching you are asking a lot of any of them to do so when the game is on the line.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the platoon pieces any good? Can Lloyd, still only a 2nd year skipper, manage it effectively?

Those were the most fundamental questions going into the season, with 1B and SS being right up there. We discussed it on here months ago. We're beginning to find out the answers now.

A month of zero accountability for bush league play game in and game out. The idea that Miller feels free to say his errors are no big deal shows that. Time for some real leadership from the front office and manager. No more excuses.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Houston probably brings in the righty if Ackley is pinch hit for. I still like my chances better if ruggiano or weeks face a righty. Main reason I know what I am getting with Ackley which is nothing. I think he had only faced 3 times this year going into that at bat so why give him that ab in that situation. I agree that Lloyd managing the platoon is an issue but the fact that Ackley is still being relied for a big role goes above Lloyd.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of weeks ago, a bunch on here were saying to bat Ackley every day.

Wishy washy. lol.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again can't score with a runner at 3rd.

Kind of be surprised if Seattle wins this. Not expecting Elias to be lights out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that's all they'll need. M's are moving runners right now so a 2 run lead should be enough. :L

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Ackley. He's done. He needs to be shipped down to Tacoma at the end of this series because there's no way he's worse than the alternative.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 straight games we've scored 5 runs or less... 11 if you count today so far... Only 5x's have we scored over 3 runs... This is getting ridiculous...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 hits in 7 innings. Dismal. Embarrassing. And yet fully expected. :tsk: