• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr. Burfict is about to get suspended for 5 games

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is perfectly clear that the league truly has no true "rules" in place and the actual rules they currently have in place mean shi*t and the league picks and chooses what rules they actually want to enforce. I totally would understand Burficts suspension being turned into 3 games if this was his first offense or if the league originally called it a legal hit or anything like that but still. I never heard a reason as to why they changed the suspension, has anyone else?

You'll have to ask James Thrash as to why he reduced it.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the shit that drives me nuts. Last week the league said Burfict made an illegal play, had received multiple warnings that he shouldn't make such plays, and would receive 5 games for the hit. Then today they decide it will only be three games. Why? What changed? If you still ruled it was illegal then why did it get cut? And why is it worth one less game than the Brady suspension? The rules don't make sense..... This was my argument the other day and it is my argument today - The real story is not about what he did, but how the league makes rules.

The NFL suspended him for 5 games. Runyan's letter made it clear why.

James Thrash, an appeals officer, made the decision to reduce it to 3 games.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think, and appreciate, that when an appeals ruling is made the officer has to provide support for his decision.

They do but this is the NFL they probably won't tell us why

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is a private business so they don't have to. But you'd think being so in the publc/media etc they would.

Very true they don't have to. But you are correct they really should, especially considering they keep on saying they want the publics backing or at least they seem like they are understanding the public is turning on them

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical NFL throw a dart punishment. Burfict gets three games.
I think he got hosed but just showing again since the NFL put in a 6 game suspension for a DV violation they have yet to give out 6 games.
Their kangaroo court is ridiculous.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical NFL throw a dart punishment. Burfict gets three games.
I think he got hosed but just showing again since the NFL put in a 6 game suspension for a DV violation they have yet to give out 6 games.
Their kangaroo court is ridiculous.

1469232392364.jpg