• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr. Burfict is about to get suspended for 5 games

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really.

Burfict is the only guy on the field that can't seem to play within the rules.

Adam Jones is off the field issues more than anything.

Back in the mid-2000's, yeah, they had a good run with a lot of questionable guys, but really, since about 2010 it's just been Burfict's on field issues, and Jone's off-field.
As a Cowboys fan I don't have a lot of room to talk about players, but didn't Jones slam a players head into a helmet?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan I don't have a lot of room to talk about players, but didn't Jones slam a players head into a helmet?
Yeah. Last year, Cooper in Oakland.

But, outside of 1 incident ON the field, at least as far as I am aware, Jones is usually just another guy on the field in terms of aggressive play and being a trouble maker. Most of his issues (if not all) stem from his inability to go out into public without doing something completely moronic.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Last year, Cooper in Oakland.

But, outside of 1 incident ON the field, at least as far as I am aware, Jones is usually just another guy on the field in terms of aggressive play and being a trouble maker. Most of his issues (if not all) stem from his inability to go out into public without doing something completely moronic.
I'm not going to blame the org for players actions. I know a lot of other fans insist these guys should be cut, but if they were another team will gladly step in an sign them.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to blame the org for players actions. I know a lot of other fans insist these guys should be cut, but if they were another team will gladly step in an sign them.
No doubt on Burfict. He wouldn't be unemployed for more than an hour. And I can almost guarantee you that most of the fans who are bitching about him now, would gladly welcome him on their defense if given the chance.

Adam Jones...I'm not so sure. At his age, and years in the league, plus off-field issues....I'm sure someone might take a flyer, but I don't think there is another team out there that would have given him as many chances as he's gotten from Mike Brown and the Bengals.

And while you can't blame the Org for the actions of the player, you can blame them for creating a system of tolerance and enabling the player to continue with those actions because they don't face any real consequence.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt on Burfict. He wouldn't be unemployed for more than an hour. And I can almost guarantee you that most of the fans who are bitching about him now, would gladly welcome him on their defense if given the chance.

Adam Jones...I'm not so sure. At his age, and years in the league, plus off-field issues....I'm sure someone might take a flyer, but I don't think there is another team out there that would have given him as many chances as he's gotten from Mike Brown and the Bengals.

And while you can't blame the Org for the actions of the player, you can blame them for creating a system of tolerance and enabling the player to continue with those actions because they don't face any real consequence.
Some fans will except them for their play but not like that they are on the team, I was that way with TO and Adam Jones, and happy when borh left.
As for the team thing these go in cycles. Early 90s Cowboys had character issues went 20 something years as a good guy team, now fans act as though Dallas has always had these issues. Cincy will clean up and another will take your place.

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree but it's arguable that it was illegal. He does not hit him from behind, does not lead with the crown of the helmet, does not launch although he does leave his feet once he hits the guy. Not sure there was a rule broken here in fact pretty sure there was no call on the play, but for sure a cheap shot and unnecessary hit.

Yeah I've seen the official statement by the Bengals claiming it was legal and obviously many of the CIN fans coming to his defense saying the same thing.

I'm not exactly fully in the know of the rule(s) being cited but in this day and age where I see so many flags for hitting a "defenseless" receiver when the ball is in the air, near them or even in their hands after the catch... I can't imagine how Burfict's hit isn't illegal with regards to hitting a defensless receiver. IMO that's the epitome of why that rule should be in place.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the league clearly doesn't give a shit if a REPEAT TERRIBLE offender injures players since his suspension was reduced to 3 games but god forbid you maybe knowingly, possibly touch the psi of a football

Such crap

Screw you Goodell!

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so the league clearly doesn't give a shit if a REPEAT TERRIBLE offender injures players since his suspension was reduced to 3 games but god forbid you maybe knowingly, possibly touch the psi of a football

Such crap

Screw you Goodell!

Pretty sure it's time for Pats fans to let that go.

You won the SB.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure it's time for Pats fans to let that go.

You won the SB.

I'm good with it, just a complete fing double standard... Burfict is a dirty player and he keeps getting let off the hook

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm good with it, just a complete fing double standard... Burfict is a dirty player and he keeps getting let off the hook

By no means am I defending Burfict. I think he's a complete douche canoe and scumbag on the field.

However how is he being let off the hook?

The dude has racked up nearly $1M in fines and forfeited pay and was suspensed 3 games at the end of last year and is suspended 3 games to start this year for a hit that many have pointed out is legal.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By no means am I defending Burfict. I think he's a complete douche canoe and scumbag on the field.

However how is he being let off the hook?

The dude has racked up nearly $1M in fines and forfeited pay and was suspensed 3 games at the end of last year and is suspended 3 games to start this year for a hit that many have pointed out is legal.

clearly it hasn't worked as he is still being a complete douche and he doesn't give two sh&ts about the money.. It's about time he gets suspended indefinitely...

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
clearly it hasn't worked as he is still being a complete douche and he doesn't give two sh&ts about the money.. It's about time he gets suspended indefinitely...

So go from a first ever suspension of 3 games to a second suspension of indefinitely?

I have to disagree.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting it reduced to 3 games is probably the best case scenario they could have hoped for. I don't think anyone could seriously have thought it would be much less than 3. Certainly not down to 1 or none.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So go from a first ever suspension of 3 games to a second suspension of indefinitely?

I have to disagree.

Dude is a scumbag who will continue to do this crap because the league in reality doesn't give two shits about it for him.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some fans will except them for their play but not like that they are on the team, I was that way with TO and Adam Jones, and happy when borh left.
As for the team thing these go in cycles. Early 90s Cowboys had character issues went 20 something years as a good guy team, now fans act as though Dallas has always had these issues. Cincy will clean up and another will take your place.

What the hell? The Cowboys have many more character concerns over the last 5 years than the Bengals do. I mean, for the love of god, your running back is a woman beater that is suspended. You actively recruited and hired another woman beater when you took on that kid from Carolina (blanking on his name). Oh, and you have a young corner that also beats women.... Not to mention the other guys you have in trouble for drugs and booze (Gregory and Irvin).

You give us credit for Chris Henry AND Adam Jones - Only Adam Jones was a Cowboy when Henry was a Bengal.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such crap

Screw you Goodell!

This is the shit that drives me nuts. Last week the league said Burfict made an illegal play, had received multiple warnings that he shouldn't make such plays, and would receive 5 games for the hit. Then today they decide it will only be three games. Why? What changed? If you still ruled it was illegal then why did it get cut? And why is it worth one less game than the Brady suspension? The rules don't make sense..... This was my argument the other day and it is my argument today - The real story is not about what he did, but how the league makes rules.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the shit that drives me nuts. Last week the league said Burfict made an illegal play, had received multiple warnings that he shouldn't make such plays, and would receive 5 games for the hit. Then today they decide it will only be three games. Why? What changed? If you still ruled it was illegal then why did it get cut? And why is it worth one less game than the Brady suspension? The rules don't make sense..... This was my argument the other day and it is my argument today - The real story is not about what he did, but how the league makes rules.

It is perfectly clear that the league truly has no true "rules" in place and the actual rules they currently have in place mean shi*t and the league picks and chooses what rules they actually want to enforce. I totally would understand Burficts suspension being turned into 3 games if this was his first offense or if the league originally called it a legal hit or anything like that but still. I never heard a reason as to why they changed the suspension, has anyone else?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals WLB Vontaze Burfict's suspension has been reduced to three games.

He'll sit out against the Ravens, Texans, and Packers. The NFL has been able to keep its player suspensions out of court by handing down lengthy bans, then reducing them on appeal. It's a tact they may explore with Ezekiel Elliott, too. Burfict is now eligible to return in Week 4. On the field in preseason games, Burfict has looked tremendous after shedding 20 pounds in the offseason.:suds:

WayfaringStranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell? The Cowboys have many more character concerns over the last 5 years than the Bengals do. I mean, for the love of god, your running back is a woman beater that is suspended. You actively recruited and hired another woman beater when you took on that kid from Carolina (blanking on his name). Oh, and you have a young corner that also beats women.... Not to mention the other guys you have in trouble for drugs and booze (Gregory and Irvin).

You give us credit for Chris Henry AND Adam Jones - Only Adam Jones was a Cowboy when Henry was a Bengal.

For those of us with no dog in this fight...

I have to admit that watching a Bengals fan argue with a Cowboys fan about whose team has bigger character issues is quite entertaining.

:pop2: