• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr. Burfict is about to get suspended for 5 games

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is ridiculous.... And it should piss off every football fan. Officials and people watching tape are allowed to say something is illegal even it is not agains the rules? The players already feel that the league makes up arbitrary punishments - This just makes it worse.

As for the 'defenseless' rule. What does this mean for bump and run coverage? Is there a certain amount of force a person can use? Should the defender ask persmission to engage the receiver? Would that help?

Doesn't this strike you as stupid?

Look, I'm no fan of arbitrary rules, but the fact of the matter is, what Burfict did is not what occurs on a normal Bump and run. He could have easily, and I mean EASILY, disrupted the route by actually bumping him off his timing. Burfict crossed the line, and blew the guy up.

With that being said, the NFL released a statement. They feel he is in violation of rule 12: 2, 7 Defenseless position, because they feel there was contact to the head/neck area. That is why the 5 yard rule doesn't protect Burfict in this instance. I don't think there was contact to the head/neck and that is what the Bengals are also saying sending in video. We'll see.

However, the league said he was also in violation of rule 12: 2, 6 which is unnecessary roughness. Hard to argue that. There was zero need for Burfict to blow him up like he did, especially when it was pretty apparent that the RB was out of the play.

I don't think it was illegal from a defenseless position, as he did not make contact to the head/neck (IMO). However, it's pretty clear he violated the 2nd rule, because the hit was not warranted. This isn't 1987 anymore, and the NFL does not want those hits occurring. Whether I like it or not doesn't matter, it's the way of the NFL. Burfict needs to understand this and learn, or he's going to be sitting next to Josh Gordon on a couch during Sundays.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever think you'll even SEE a SB in your lifetime? I mean, with the Browns in it? Playing?

Hmmm.....

Nice try @ deflection. This thread is about the Bungles & not the Clowns. Here's a better question. Will Andy Dalton ever win a playoff game? I mean Tim Tebow has more playoff W's than Dalton.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice try @ deflection. This thread is about the Bungles & not the Clowns. Here's a better question. Will Andy Dalton ever win a playoff game? I mean Tim Tebow has more playoff W's than Dalton.
Not sure if you are aware, but the ankle bracelets have zero to do with Burfict since it is an on-field issue, not an arrest issue. So, there's no real deflection to the posts at hand since your post has zero to do with what is actually going on with Burfict. Nice try, though.

I just think it's amusing that a fan of a team with zero SB appearances, and a (currently) longer futility record than then Bengals of the 90's is trying to compare an out-dated criminal history to Super Bowl wins when they haven't even been there once, or when the issue at hand isn't criminal but that was explained above.

As for Dalton? Dunno. I'd say he has a better shot than Kizer. Although maybe Kizer will finally end the QB rotation in Cleveland. What is he, number 27, now? In 19 years of rebuilding? Solid plan.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are aware, but the ankle bracelets have zero to do with Burfict since it is an on-field issue, not an arrest issue. So, there's no real deflection to the posts at hand since your post has zero to do with what is actually going on with Burfict. Nice try, though.

I just think it's amusing that a fan of a team with zero SB appearances, and a (currently) longer futility record than then Bengals of the 90's is trying to compare an out-dated criminal history to Super Bowl wins when they haven't even been there once, or when the issue at hand isn't criminal but that was explained above.

As for Dalton? Dunno. I'd say he has a better shot than Kizer. Although maybe Kizer will finally end the QB rotation in Cleveland. What is he, number 27, now? In 19 years of rebuilding? Solid plan.

Guess how many shit I give that Burfict hasn't had an ankle bracelet? Here's an FYI: find a sense of humor about your team. Hell everyone else laughs @ them (just like the Browns). And there you go blathering about how lousy the Browns are. Nobody cares, anyone that follows the NFL knows how bad they are. If you can't have a sense of humor about your team people (like myself) will use that against you & troll you on & on & on.

The difference between you & I is I can laugh @ my team. So far all you've done is get pissed off & try to change the subject to Cleveland.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess how many shit I give that Burfict hasn't had an ankle bracelet? Here's an FYI: find a sense of humor about your team. Hell everyone else laughs @ them (just like the Browns). And there you go blathering about how lousy the Browns are. Nobody cares, anyone that follows the NFL knows how bad they are. If you can't have a sense of humor about your team people (like myself) will use that against you & troll you on & on & on.

The difference between you & I is I can laugh @ my team. So far all you've done is get pissed off & try to change the subject to Cleveland.
I was only pushing back in my post...you know...having a sense of humor. You're the one who's sensitive and then started trying to "deflect".

Hell, do you not see my avatar? Lighten up francis.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burfict suspended and his appeal is heard the same day, yet for E....... oh nevermind, sorry I went there.
My only guess is that the situations are a bit different. He was actually notified this past weekend of the suspension.

E's issues involve a lot more scrutiny from the league in terms of getting information from other people, interviews, etc...etc....But, you do have a valid point. It's not fair to a player, or their team, to have that hanging over their heads for months. Totally agree with you.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was only pushing back in my post...you know...having a sense of humor. You're the one who's sensitive and then started trying to "deflect".

Hell, do you not see my avatar? Lighten up francis.

Wait a minute, you're the 1 that mentioned how lousy the Browns are after I posted that comment about the Bengals. The Browns have nothing to do w/ my original comment you responded to. Now go away Nancy & change your pad, you're leaking.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute, you're the 1 that mentioned how lousy the Browns are after I posted that comment about the Bengals. The Browns have nothing to do w/ my original comment you responded to. Now go away Nancy & change your pad, you're leaking.
Yeah?

You poke fun at the arrest record...I poked fun at the winning % and the QB's...Both teams EARNED those unfortunate distinctions...just like Dalton in the playoffs...again, see my Avatar? I don't take it too seriously.

Don't get your panties all in a bunch. It's OK. Next time I'll make sure you have a safe space to operate in. Maybe bring in one of those puppies they were handing out in colleges around the country after Trump won. Maybe I can call your boss for you and get you a few days off to recover. Whatever you need, the Hoop supports you.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're gonna enforce rules, be fucking consistent, not pick and choose when to.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that I find interesting is that a lot of the national writers think it's ridiculous. It's not just a 'homer' Bengal thing to think that suspension was uncalled for.

You may want Burfict to be thrown out of the league - I can't blame people for disliking the guy. But the constant rule changes that have occured under Goodell are not good for the league.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the Bengals are not part of the grand design. They've never been. They have to continue to fail.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same org that just drafted Joe Mixon, employs Adam Jones, Chris Henry, ect ect ect

As a Cowboys fan, I feel Bengals fans' pain. Although, Dallas doesn't go balls deep into the asshole bin like Cincy does.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Cowboys fan, I feel Bengals fans' pain. Although, Dallas doesn't go balls deep into the asshole bin like Cincy does.
Not really.

Burfict is the only guy on the field that can't seem to play within the rules.

Adam Jones is off the field issues more than anything.

Back in the mid-2000's, yeah, they had a good run with a lot of questionable guys, but really, since about 2010 it's just been Burfict's on field issues, and Jone's off-field.