• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mozgov to the Cavs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem with Cleveland. They are so desperate to appease Lebron and keep him in town, that they make incredibly short sighted moves for players who just aren't that good. The earlier move sending out dion waiters is another example. This reminds me of the deals they made to get Larry Hughes and Antwan Jamison. It's funny that this move comes when rumor has it that Lebron is not scared to leave again. The cavs front office is a bunch of blockheads.

This is really making me think that Lebron is gone when his contract is up.

Larry Hughes was a free agent signing- and Antwan Jamison was traded for and the Cavs gave up Z (who resignedlike 6 weeks later) and a pick that was like 27th overall.

Please bro....if you are going to disparage the CAvs there are plenty of TRUE things you can say right now.

(RIGHT NOW being the operative word- there is a reason the Cavs beat the Bulls at home, have taken 2 outta 3 from Toronto- when they do turn it on- they can easily beat anyone)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*and when i say "advantage" - i mean at the center position.

If LeBron was truly not healthy- and will come back healthy- thats the silver bullet. No one out there can trump that card- and it is not even really close. He is your ace in the hole. As long as LeBron comes back healthy- Toronto, Atlanta, Washington have nothing more than a punchers chance. And seeing how LeBron has never had a serious injury in his career- and that the Cavs are committed to taking care of him (and not running him into the ground like Spoelstra did while Wade sits a third of the season and still runs outta gas in the playoffs) there is no reasonto think LeBron should be anything but 100% andthe most rested he has been in years when theplayoffs start.

You are FOS ( as usual).

James is/ was playing more mpg this season then he ever did for the Heat.

He isnt resting. He is INJURED. Something he never was in his 4 seasons here.

Face it, he's now an old 30 who has logged a million miles.

I'm honestly on the fence as to whether I think he's the best player in the league right now.

He left his best 4 years in the league in Miami.

Enjoy your sloppy thirds.

Like I said earlier, by the time he's finished there, you won't have many assets left to deal with for the next decade.

Last edited by a moderator:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry Hughes was a free agent signing- and Antwan Jamison was traded for and the Cavs gave up Z (who resignedlike 6 weeks later) and a pick that was like 27th overall.

Please bro....if you are going to disparage the CAvs there are plenty of TRUE things you can say right now.

(RIGHT NOW being the operative word- there is a reason the Cavs beat the Bulls at home, have taken 2 outta 3 from Toronto- when they do turn it on- they can easily beat anyone)

Are you really excited about a win that happened on the 2nd night of the season still? Just a quick look at the box score from that game is exactly why it is meaningless. 2 things immediately stands out to me after looking at the box score for 5 seconds. 1) 2 of the Cavs 5 starters in that game is either done for the season or is no longer with the team & 2) The BULLS BEST PLAYER DID NOT PLAY. The Bulls rotation was not even set up yet. Mirotic who is one of their best role players hardly played in that game and guys like Snell & McDermott got more minutes than him in that game.

Congrats on beating Toronto twice without their 2nd best player. It is almost as dumb as fans of another team bragging about beating the Cavs in games which Lebron did not play.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really excited about a win that happened on the 2nd night of the season still? Just a quick look at the box score from that game is exactly why it is meaningless. 2 things immediately stands out to me after looking at the box score for 5 seconds. 1) 2 of the Cavs 5 starters in that game is either done for the season or is no longer with the team & 2) The BULLS BEST PLAYER DID NOT PLAY. The Bulls rotation was not even set up yet. Mirotic who is one of their best role players hardly played in that game and guys like Snell & McDermott got more minutes than him in that game.

Congrats on beating Toronto twice without their 2nd best player. It is almost as dumb as fans of another team bragging about beating the Cavs in games which Lebron did not play.

Don't rain on his charade of a parade.:lol:
Cavs aren't winning shit.
Book it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't rain on his charade of a parade.:lol:
Cavs aren't winning shit.
Book it.

If you guys think anything has changed and that anyone but Chicago and Cleveland will be the teams in the ECF than your crazy

I still believe the Cavs make the Finals simply because they have THE BEST player- and Chicago's best player will never be the same

I like Jimmy Butler- dont get me wrong- but lets see him do it for a year or two- instead of a month or two before we get hasty - plus lets see if gasol can stay healthy- somethinghe hasnt done in a while- AND he is even older.

as for your guys Heat....

i mean- its gonna bea struggle to be .500-- you guys accept that at this point right?- Dwade can play at a high level every once in a while when he gets up for it...

but the days of him being a consistent force- and the days where he can swing a playoff series (even a first round series) are through. At least you are not paying him like Kobe and you can keep him around and put him out to pasture eventually on his terms...

It honestly shocks me that people think that Toronto or the Hawks or Wiz will give the Cavs problems. ESPECIALLY the Hawks- and I think the Hawks are very good.

Who guards LeBron?

they just dont have LeBron....its THAT simple.

plus the Cavs did the exact thing they needed to do- add role players that help mitigate their holes.

the other night vs. the Magic- a banged up LeBron was coasting- and the Cavs had a small lead - and Harris pisses off Lebron- he gets out of "chill mode"- and its game over.

LeBron has learned- and WATCHED the Spurs- and knows- whats the point of busting my balls in December and January? All it got me last year was being exhausted by the time the Finals came around.

That last finals game you could see it. LeBron came out in the 2nd half, had nothing left, and whipped the ball around to his teammates passive aggressively and they couldn't do anything.

He wont let that happen again. Plus- Irving can actually get his own shot and wont poop down his leg like Wade did in the Finals this year...

hopefully Mozgov lets Love get back to his old position instead of playing the 5- that fact is just as important as how Mozgov actually plays!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously

as much as you guys complain about how Bosh and Wade are never on thecourt together (and dont accept that - hey- the guys are old and get hurt!)- you just lost to Orlando and the Pacers with a healthy lineup

I mean cmon now.....you guys start a 5 game road trip playing a lot of good teams and wrap it up with a home game against OKC

if you are 16-25 by the end of that i gotta think youd be pretty lucky

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs have no doubt underachieved but in retrospect how surprising is that with their injuries, player turnover, their player movements, and a new head coach?

I thought they would be a lot better right now no doubt- but i thought LeBron was healthy and David Blatt wouldnt beplaying FUCKING DELLEDOVA 30 MINUTES A NIGHT LIKE TONIGHT!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

seriously- if David Blatt is just fucking withusand being stubborn at this point by playing Delle so many minutes he deserves to go- i cant believe thats what he is doing but for shits sake man

Delledova can play 10-12 minutes a night- and can do some things against backups or rested players- BUT YOU DONT PLAY HIM 35 MINUTES AGAINST JAMES FUCKING HARDEN!!!!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Lebron is nice and all but you're not going anywhere unless your team defense significantly improve. If Cleveland were so sure they were making the ECF, why would they make all these panic moves? The only bad defensive team among those top 4 is Toronto. The other 3 are al ranked in the top 8 in defensive eff. There's nothing I seen from the Cavs that showed me that they can sniff a title. All you need to know about the Cavs is that Irving & Love cannot even lead the Cavs to wins without Lebron....that is embarrassing. Bosh & Wade wouldn't have had any issue playing without Lebron in year 1 of the big 3

When Lebron comes back it is very possible they'll be under .500

You keep worrying about Wade for what? You keep mentioning Wade can only play at a high level once in a while which just shows how little you know. You're not top 10 in scoring and have the highest shooting % in the league among PG, SG, & SF. Do us a favor and please shut up about Wade if you're just going to make shit up. You don't avg 23 PPG by playing a high level once in a while.....You don't shoot over 50% by playing at a high level once in a while either.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean seriously

as much as you guys complain about how Bosh and Wade are never on thecourt together (and dont accept that - hey- the guys are old and get hurt!)- you just lost to Orlando and the Pacers with a healthy lineup

I mean cmon now.....you guys start a 5 game road trip playing a lot of good teams and wrap it up with a home game against OKC

if you are 16-25 by the end of that i gotta think youd be pretty lucky

You're too worried about the Heat. Your team is 19-17, a half game up on Milwaukee for the 5th seed.

Last I checked the ceiling for Miami this season was at best a 2nd round appearance. Everyone and their momma had the Cavs in the ECF at least and most had them in the finals.

Your team has been a failure. Good luck beating GSW, SAC, or Phoenix without Lebron.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having Lebron is nice and all but you're not going anywhere unless your team defense significantly improve. If Cleveland were so sure they were making the ECF, why would they make all these panic moves? The only bad defensive team among those top 4 is Toronto. The other 3 are al ranked in the top 8 in defensive eff. There's nothing I seen from the Cavs that showed me that they can sniff a title. All you need to know about the Cavs is that Irving & Love cannot even lead the Cavs to wins without Lebron....that is embarrassing. Bosh & Wade wouldn't have had any issue playing without Lebron in year 1 of the big 3

When Lebron comes back it is very possible they'll be under .500

You keep worrying about Wade for what? You keep mentioning Wade can only play at a high level once in a while which just shows how little you know. You're not top 10 in scoring and have the highest shooting % in the league among PG, SG, & SF. Do us a favor and please shut up about Wade if you're just going to make shit up. You don't avg 23 PPG by playing a high level once in a while.....You don't shoot over 50% by playing at a high level once in a while either.

Panic moves?

what panic moves are you talking about? The issues the Cavs addressed are the EXACT issues they had planned on addressing since LeBron signed- perimeter defense, outside shooting and inside depth.

Panic moves? trading 2 picks that are highly unlikely to be in the top 20 and Dion Waiters-who while talented- was just not going to accept a 4th banana role and was dragging down one ofthe most efficient offenses in the nba?

I mean are you kidding me?

Desperation is trading up for Shabazz Napier or signing Danny Granger -

The Cavs will also be among the frontrunners- if not at the very front- to get a buyout guy later on as well....

Desperation in January?

dude- LEBRON JAMES is on this team.

being 15-20 and looking at a rough west coast trip after losing to Orlando and Indiana with BOTH Wade and Bosh in the lineup i think qualifies for a desperate situation much more than being over .500 and having LeBron getting healthy and adding some solid rotation guys

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
further more-

and this is the MOST important point

The Cavs cant prove anything until the post season anyway. If they won 67 games this year and lost in the 2nd round the season would be a total and absolute failure.

All these alarmists and haters will once again be swallowing a big ball of crow- JUST LIKE THEY DID ON JULY 11th last summer.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm sure they planned to trade Waiters even though Lebron called back in July and told him "get ready" and Waiters watched tapes of D-Wade with Lebron.

Yep I'm sure trading Waiters was always in the cards.

As Ethan Skolnik said they already used 4 of their 5 trade assets. And the only thing really intriguing that they picked up was Mozgov? Jr Smith is a chuck just like Waiters. High volume shooter who shoots a terrible%. Shumpert perimeter defense is not nearly as good as it was before he blew his knee out a few years ago. That was actually the Knicks problem with Hardaway, Smith, & Shump. All were too offensive minded and none really cared about defense anymore

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
further more-

and this is the MOST important point

The Cavs cant prove anything until the post season anyway. If they won 67 games this year and lost in the 2nd round the season would be a total and absolute failure.

All these alarmists and haters will once again be swallowing a big ball of crow- JUST LIKE THEY DID ON JULY 11th last summer.

The Cavs winning the title will be the biggest shock since Detroit did it in 04.

It's not happening. They played nearly half of the season and not once have they looked like a team that can challenge for a title. They look exactly what their seeding say they are. A middle of the road Eastern Conference team.

Who was the last team to win a title without having HCA in any round?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lastly-

gotta give credit to Dan G

both of these moves were only possible because Dan is willing to spend what ever is needed

the Cavs got the Memphis pick for absorbing salaries that Memphis wanted to get rid off-

The Shumpert and the OKC 1st rounder are only here because the Cavs were willing to pay JR Smith.

And on top of that- the Cavs just absorbed Mozgovs deal with their trade exception- All of these moves cost money- but Gilbert has NEVER shied away from spending to better position his team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm sure they planned to trade Waiters even though Lebron called back in July and told him "get ready" and Waiters watched tapes of D-Wade with Lebron.

Yep I'm sure trading Waiters was always in the cards.

As Ethan Skolnik said they already used 4 of their 5 trade assets. And the only thing really intriguing that they picked up was Mozgov? Jr Smith is a chuck just like Waiters. High volume shooter who shoots a terrible%. Shumpert perimeter defense is not nearly as good as it was before he blew his knee out a few years ago. That was actually the Knicks problem with Hardaway, Smith, & Shump. All were too offensive minded and none really cared about defense anymore

dude, Shumpert would probably be the best perimeter defender on the Heat- and every GM, scout, media member has universally hailed his acquisition as a major positive.

If you were on the Knicks since being drafted and going through that BS youd be pretty disillusioned yourself- giving this guy a fresh start on THIS team and telling jhim you dont have to worry about anything but getting after it on D like you did as a rook? That has to be freaking music to his ears.

And as far as Mozgov goes- he is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered as well- a rebounder and presence down low that doesn't need the ball.

I mean- Shumpert and Mozgov are PRECISELY the type of role players you put around the Cavs Big 3

as for JR- we took him as a condition of getting the pick and Shumpert- but- as much as i like Waiters and think he has some potential and talent- so far this season hes shot 40% and taken way too shots.

As much as i have gone after Smith- he is 2 years removed from being the 6th man of the year- and if he has ANY self awareness at all and cna realize he is not Love, LeBron or Kyrie- he can put up numbers that are exactly what Dion did (plus he is def a better pure outside shooter than Dion- though he cant get to the rim like Dion- not even a little bit)

i mean- do you watch basketball?

i mean- please tell me...

you HONESTLY think that the Raptors, Wiz and Hawks are better than LeBron and the Cavs?

thats HONESTLY what you are saying?

i just want to get it on the record. From the start I have said it will be chicago and clev in the ECF and i think Clev will win but that series if far from a sure thing- UNLIKE the Cavs beating those teams.

and my reason wont stop being true

LeBron is the trump card. If Irving got hurt, Love got arrested for murder, and Tristan Thompson retired to become a potato farmer ID STILL pick the Cavs against those teams for one simple reason

LEBRON JAMES

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I give the Cavs the benefit of doubt? What have they showed me all year long to show that they are better than any of the above? The only one of 4 I would probably favor them in a series is maybe the Wizards and that is it. Cavs have shown us nothing this season. Love has turned into a spot up shooter with Lebron on the court, the coach is obviously a poor defensive coach, they do not play defense, and their bench is trash.

Dude we're 36 games into the year and the Cavs had 1 good stretch of basketball all year long

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are going to come back from their West Coast trip with 20 or 21 losses which pretty much means if they want a chance at HCA in the first round, they'll have to finish the final 3 months of the year with only 10 or 11 losses to even have a chance at the 4 seed

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are going to come back from their West Coast trip with 20 or 21 losses which pretty much means if they want a chance at HCA in the first round, they'll have to finish the final 3 months of the year with only 10 or 11 losses to even have a chance at the 4 seed

What up with this?

Link to ESPN latest on Grizzlies pursuing trade for either Luol Deng or Jeff Green -- espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id…

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks and raptors and bulls would easily beat the cavs on a 7 game series. Washington over them too IMO. Cavs still haven't found a defensive big man. The 2 first rounders screams desperation for mozgov

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What up with this?

Link to ESPN latest on Grizzlies pursuing trade for either Luol Deng or Jeff Green -- espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id…

Shit. I hope it doesn't happen. Those would be good adds .