• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Moves rams could make in FA this offseason

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Big Moves St. Louis Rams Could Make in 2014 NFL Free Agency | Bleacher Report

5 Big Moves St. Louis Rams Could Make in 2014 NFL Free Agency

By
Steven Gerwel
(Featured Columnist) on January 5, 2014

Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Spor

The St. Louis Rams are watching the playoffs from home once again, but the front office will do everything in its power to restock the team this offseason and change the team's fortunes in 2014.

The Rams don't have the necessary salary-cap freedom—something I'll cover later this week—to make a major splash in free agency as they did in 2013, when they signed Jake Long and Jared Cook, but there are certain moves to be made that will allow some financial freedom.

Cuts can be made, and contracts can be renegotiated. If the Rams really have their heart set on a certain free agent, chances are they'll find a way.

If that happens and St. Louis decides to pursue a big-name talent, here are a few names that could be on the list. Click on link below to see what Rams could do in Free Agency.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be stoked to get TJ Ward. Him and Mcdonald in the backfield would be scary and McLeod would be a great back up or situational player.
Other than that I wouldn't want to get any of those other guys as they would be way overpriced.

I would also like to sign RG Jon Asamoah from KC. He's a monster.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the questions are.. Do we sign Langford and Saffold and for how much?

And do we have the dough to sign a pro bowl CB/safety? Not sure I'm exited about another older pro bowl player on the downside of his career. I think our WRs will come along. I don't think there is a legit #1 WR here though. And Pettis is 6'3 but it doesn't mean he's a #1. Hakeem nicks is Sammy Watkins size but not the speed.

Last edited by a moderator:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as we sit right now we're just 150k under the cap.

After we cut Finnegan, Wells (restructure maybe) and Dahl we'll be around 12 mil
and we're only on the hook for 4.3 mil for J Longs guaranteed money instead of 8mil. So we'll be around 15 to 16 mil. Not to mention we could be restructuring a couple of other people as well **cough-bradford,- cough**. Even if we don't restructure his contract we'll still have plenty of money to sign a couple of needed FA's. But I wouldn't sign any big name FA's as they usually don't produce and eat up too much cap space.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cough!! Lol. I don't know how that's going to work..? Looks like we will be close to the cap next year too.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Big Moves St. Louis Rams Could Make in 2014 NFL Free Agency | Bleacher Report

5 Big Moves St. Louis Rams Could Make in 2014 NFL Free Agency

By
Steven Gerwel
(Featured Columnist) on January 5, 2014

Timothy T. Ludwig-USA TODAY Spor

The St. Louis Rams are watching the playoffs from home once again, but the front office will do everything in its power to restock the team this offseason and change the team's fortunes in 2014.

The Rams don't have the necessary salary-cap freedom—something I'll cover later this week—to make a major splash in free agency as they did in 2013, when they signed Jake Long and Jared Cook, but there are certain moves to be made that will allow some financial freedom.

Cuts can be made, and contracts can be renegotiated. If the Rams really have their heart set on a certain free agent, chances are they'll find a way.

If that happens and St. Louis decides to pursue a big-name talent, here are a few names that could be on the list. Click on link below to see what Rams could do in Free Agency.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would be stoked to get TJ Ward. Him and Mcdonald in the backfield would be scary and McLeod would be a great back up or situational player.
Other than that I wouldn't want to get any of those other guys as they would be way overpriced.

I would also like to sign RG Jon Asamoah from KC. He's a monster.

>>>alright Jacob<<<..................I posted this same post before yours! what gives??:wtf2:

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
>>>alright Jacob<<<..................I posted this same post before yours! what gives??:wtf2:

hahaha i know I saw that!!! I saw it on the stl boards and thought it would make for some interesting convo on here. But hey at least we're both bored at work :P

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha i know I saw that!!! I saw it on the stl boards and thought it would make for some interesting convo on here. But hey at least we're both bored at work :P

so yeah....I definitely had an easy day at the office today.
So what's your opinion on the Anquan Bolden idea?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are quite a few articles afloat intimating that Jarius Byrd wants to play for Fisher and his badass D. Fisher has made it known he likes McLeod and MacDonald as his safeties but if we add Byrd, the veteran help would really be a needed piece to school many of our youngsters on the finer points of playing in an NFL secondary. We shall see where this goes as we progress into the off-season.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so yeah....I definitely had an easy day at the office today.
So what's your opinion on the Anquan Bolden idea?

Depends on if he would want to come here or not. I wouldn't mind him coming here and teaching Quick to be a more physical WR. But I doubt he leaves the 9ers. If they play like they did last night they will probably be in the mix for the SB again. Only problem I can see with any team resigning him is he's on his last leg. He might have one or two (max) decent years left in him. I will say he makes the most out of his time on the field. He's a hard hard worker and usually finds ways to get open. Plus if we make it to the playoffs next year he could be a great offensive leader for our young team.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Byrd better than Ward but I think Mack was the most valuable player there. Though, we've tried centers from other teams before (Wells) and I know its different and I really like Mack but something to think about. And I rather stay away from Boldin, no reason to spend money there when we can draft Watkins.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at the end of the day the Rams will make 1 or 2 moves in FA, I think both will be on the defensive side of the ball, Safety and LB (either another OLB or a backup for JL55)

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always liked Anquan, always been a physical WR with excellent hands. Yeah he's old but I'd take him over, Quick, Pettis, Givens, Austin, and Bailey anyday at age 33. This guy flat out knows how to run good routes and finds soft spots in the defense, not to mention his ability to fight off defenders and catch the football. However, I doubt he would want to leave a SB contender to come to the stumbling, bumbling Rams which although improved are still a year or so off from being able to contend for anything.