• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most underrated team?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYONE STOP BEING HOMERS! I should've made the title "Who's the most underrated team that you don't root for" :gaah:

Really though, the Wolves are going to be loaded the next couple of years with young guys. They still have quality veterans, but no go-to guy at the moment. If Wiggins can develop into that then look out.

I love Dieng's upside and if Bennett turns things around then they're in really good shape.

Rubio-Martin-Wiggins-Young-Pekovic with Brewer, Dieng, Bennett, LaVine, Budinger,& Shabazz off the bench is a pretty good start. It's a weird mix of talented players.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think they upgraded at SF.

The thing about the West is that there is the Spurs, the Thunder and then about 8 other teams. Houston is the one people seem to pick apart but I think there is some room for improvement there

I like Parsons more than Ariza just because I think he creates more for his teammates and is a pretty underrated defender. Ariza had a career year last year and played great... but if you look at his career #'s then I think that's a better indication of the type of player he is.

Ariza's a career 43% shooter and Parsons is a career 47 % shooter. Trevor bounces from team to team and just doesn't seem like a good fit next to Harden. He hasn't ever really put together back to back solid seasons in his career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves are a year or two out for sure. Rubio is toxic to a team, imo, but they might be a fun team to watch.

I feel like James Harden is going to go one way or another this year. He'll either become a legit superstar or totally fade out into an average player. You can't help but look at the playoff series with Portland last year and think that they just gave away that series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, and when, all players are healthy (give it a couple of years) i'll go with the 76ers.

Wolves have a good future too.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, and when, all players are healthy (give it a couple of years) i'll go with the 76ers.

Wolves have a good future too.

I was asking which team was the most underrated THIS year... but yeah, Philly has a good core for the future and probably gets to add another one in next year's draft.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was asking which team was the most underrated THIS year... but yeah, Philly has a good core for the future and probably gets to add another one in next year's draft.

In that case Pelicans, and as much as I hate to say it, the Suns.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the West as a whole should be highly rated right now. There should be 8 teams that can win a championship coming out of the West. You do get the feeling that one or two of them are going to have their windows close, though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that the West as a whole should be highly rated right now. There should be 8 teams that can win a championship coming out of the West. You do get the feeling that one or two of them are going to have their windows close, though.

:scratch:

Eh.... no! 2 or 3 at most!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

Eh.... no! 2 or 3 at most!
I think you're projecting a lot of regression or you think really highly of the Spurs still being the Spurs by the end of this year.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya got? I got the Charlotte Hornets.

They've got Big Al, who in my opinion is one of the most under-appreciated players in the game. His game is back to the basket and old school, but he is pretty dominant. Kemba has proven me wrong and bloomed into a pretty solid all-around PG and now they're adding Stephenson to him in the backcourt.

Sure, Lance will have his Lance moments, but he is very talented. Henderson, the rookie Vonleh, Bismack and MKG should all help contribute as well. They've got a chance to make the ECF if things go right, but I think they lose in the second round to CHI/CLE. MJ has done a nice job of building this team up the last couple years.

Same i think they can win a serious amount of games and make the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're projecting a lot of regression or you think really highly of the Spurs still being the Spurs by the end of this year.

What says they won't? There isn't anything that says the Spurs won't be one of, if not the best team in the West.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What says they won't? There isn't anything that says the Spurs won't be one of, if not the best team in the West.
Father time will catch up to them eventually although even if it does, they'll still be a top 5 team out West. If it doesn't, they are a strong favorite. They dominated good teams late last year.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta, with a healthy Al Horford

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden's defense is awful. Howard can't hit FT's. No bench. Downgraded at SF (imo) and lost depth at PG and C with Lin and Asik leaving. I just don't like their direction at all.

They're pretty much the only team that actually managed to get worse in the off season.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers could surprise people. Who knows. For me it's just all about Kobe's health and whether or not he can play 70+ games. I just don't think they have the talent surrounding him to make noise in the West. If they were in the East I would peg them as a 7 or 8 seed probably. But the West is just brutal.

And yeah, the Suns look better than last year so far. The depth is unreal and I wouldn't be surprised if they snuck into the top 6. It's going to be a crazy year.

That's why I say that I don't think they make the playoffs. I agree that Kobe's health will be a huge factor. If the Lakers get 70+ games out of him, then I think they'll tease us by staying in the hunt for a 7th or 8th seed, but in the end, the West is just too deep.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pistons.

I put them up as a homer pick, but do really believe the are vastly underrated. The only thing they were missing were a coach and outside shooting. Both were addressed in the off-season. :yahoo:

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs; no respect, they're old.. :gaah: