• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most underrated team?

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ya got? I got the Charlotte Hornets.

They've got Big Al, who in my opinion is one of the most under-appreciated players in the game. His game is back to the basket and old school, but he is pretty dominant. Kemba has proven me wrong and bloomed into a pretty solid all-around PG and now they're adding Stephenson to him in the backcourt.

Sure, Lance will have his Lance moments, but he is very talented. Henderson, the rookie Vonleh, Bismack and MKG should all help contribute as well. They've got a chance to make the ECF if things go right, but I think they lose in the second round to CHI/CLE. MJ has done a nice job of building this team up the last couple years.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer pick: The Lakers. I don't think they will make the playoffs (too much has to go right), but I think they will win quite a few more games than most of the experts are predicting. Most seem to have them in at about 30 wins, I think it'll be closer to the 38-41 range.

Non Homer picks - I agree about Charlotte and while I don't know if one could truly consider them underrated, I think the Suns could very well be better than a 7th or 8th seed. I wouldn't be surprised to see them competing with the Clips and Warriors to win the Pacific. They kind of remind me of the D'Antoni Suns, only this team will actually play a little defense. Their biggest problem will be that they aren't going to be sneaking up on anyone this season.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nuggets, bitches!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Homer pick: The Lakers. I don't think they will make the playoffs (too much has to go right), but I think they will win quite a few more games than most of the experts are predicting. Most seem to have them in at about 30 wins, I think it'll be closer to the 38-41 range.

Non Homer picks - I agree about Charlotte and while I don't know if one could truly consider them underrated, I think the Suns could very well be better than a 7th or 8th seed. I wouldn't be surprised to see them competing with the Clips and Warriors to win the Pacific. They kind of remind me of the D'Antoni Suns, only this team will actually play a little defense. Their biggest problem will be that they aren't going to be sneaking up on anyone this season.

The Lakers could surprise people. Who knows. For me it's just all about Kobe's health and whether or not he can play 70+ games. I just don't think they have the talent surrounding him to make noise in the West. If they were in the East I would peg them as a 7 or 8 seed probably. But the West is just brutal.

And yeah, the Suns look better than last year so far. The depth is unreal and I wouldn't be surprised if they snuck into the top 6. It's going to be a crazy year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the nuggets for me. Top 6 seed if healthy

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the Pistons (my homer pick).
They've got a lot of talent in the front court and a new coach that hopefully can reign in Smith and Jennings shot selection.
They developed/picked up some outside shooting in the off season, now it just has to get healthy.
Tough division with the Cavs and Bulls, but divisions mean little in today's NBA.
I look for huge improvement this year. They should surprise a lot of people.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans can surprised if davis doesn't miss his typical 15 or 20 games

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelicans can surprised if davis doesn't miss his typical 15 or 20 games

They're the one team I don't buy even though I like Davis quite a bit. They're kinda like the Kings how they have some talent, but the pieces just don't mix well. Asik will help, but I don't like any of their guards besides Holiday. Evans and Gordon are both injury prone and overrated.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Mavs will be the surprise of the west, now that they beefed up their D.

Thee Hornets will be the surprise of the east, albeit because they will win alot of games for a second year in a row. Look for Vonleh to be a real asset by the second half. They stole him.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat

Team has the foundation, veteran experience, and the talent if Wade and Bosh can return to elite form (or at least close to it) for an entire season

I also see Deng being closer to his 17-18 ppg 45 % fg form rather than 14 ppg 41 % fg we saw last year on a bad team

I guess a team with so many familiar names can't be that underrated, but I think they're going to fly under the radar this year and surprise some people

HubertJubberman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heat

Team has the foundation, veteran experience, and the talent if Wade and Bosh can return to elite form (or at least close to it) for an entire season

I also see Deng being closer to his 17-18 ppg 45 % fg form rather than 14 ppg 41 % fg we saw last year on a bad team

I guess a team with so many familiar names can't be that underrated, but I think they're going to fly under the radar this year and surprise some people

No. They will suck

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston Rockets

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. That bench is trash. They're overrated if anything... if one of Harden or Dwight goes down then they won't make the playoffs.
And this is why I say they are underrated. Everyone is counting them out except for people on Disney who are just plugging famous players.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why I say they are underrated. Everyone is counting them out except for people on Disney who are just plugging famous players.

Harden's defense is awful. Howard can't hit FT's. No bench. Downgraded at SF (imo) and lost depth at PG and C with Lin and Asik leaving. I just don't like their direction at all.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go with the Homer pick and say the T-wolves. They're projected to win around 26 games... With their youth and athleticism, they should be able to steal a couple of victories when they catch a team on the 2nd night of back-to-backs. That having been said, the bench is deeper than last year (which was non-existent).

I can see where people will be "but they lost Love...." but they got more athletic. They still have Pek (whose minutes are going to be more closely monitored). Bennett is looking lightyears better than last year (albeit in the pre-season). This team might surprise some...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden's defense is awful. Howard can't hit FT's. No bench. Downgraded at SF (imo) and lost depth at PG and C with Lin and Asik leaving. I just don't like their direction at all.
I actually think they upgraded at SF.

The thing about the West is that there is the Spurs, the Thunder and then about 8 other teams. Houston is the one people seem to pick apart but I think there is some room for improvement there