• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most overrated rock star

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one of those they play at ball games .. the intro anyway. Maybe that's why it seems like it to me.

I could see that.

I'm drawing my opinion from what I hear on the radio. I have Sirius/XM and Classic Rock and Classic Vinyl are the two channels that I listen to that would play their stuff regularly and I think they play the ones I listed a lot more.

Who knows. You could be right, dick-sniffer.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bon Jovi in the HOF before Moody Blues...somethings wrong.
The Moody Blues will be inducted at the same time but they should have gotten in 20 years ago.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which reminds me of another thing about the Stones.. Keith wrote the best intros and I can't think of another group that's even close.

Word. Almost every hit of theirs starts off with a badass guitar riff.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moody Blues

I saw them in concert back in the late 90's. One of the worst concerts I've ever seen. Fuckers came on about an hour late, played for thirty minutes, took an hour break, and then played for another 45 minutes.

I like their music, though.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that.

I'm drawing my opinion from what I hear on the radio. I have Sirius/XM and Classic Rock and Classic Vinyl are the two channels that I listen to that would play their stuff regularly and I think they play the ones I listed a lot more.

I'm listening to those right now. I finally downloaded the app on my phone after my tool of a boss told me not to stream music using the job's bandwidth.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm listening to those right now. I finally downloaded the app on my phone after my tool of a boss told me not to stream music using the job's bandwidth.

Damn. I didn't think music caused that much of an issue. I hear people chirping about slow internet during MLB postseason while I'm live streaming games, but I never hear anything about music.

I've been going through my library, listening to some of the bands we've talked about today. Sting, U2, Rolling Stones. I threw some Talking heads in there for a bit. Think I'm going to move to some Tom Waits now.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the Deep Tracks channel myself. The songs are good, but I don't have to hear Hotel California or Stairway or anything of the kind again.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer the Deep Tracks channel myself. The songs are good, but I don't have to hear Hotel California or Stairway or anything of the kind again.

Yeah, I don't listen to that one as much as I should.

Probably listen to Real Jazz more than anything, though.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Axl-funky-face.jpg
No, no, no... listen carefully, overRATED, not overWEIGHTED.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd throw CCR in there under the underrated list.
My daughter went to put on a Christmas CD the other day. I have a 300 disc player. She thought CCR was short for Christmas. So we listened to the whole CD. She says - "I knew every one of those songs.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. I didn't think music caused that much of an issue. I hear people chirping about slow internet during MLB postseason while I'm live streaming games, but I never hear anything about music.

I've been going through my library, listening to some of the bands we've talked about today. Sting, U2, Rolling Stones. I threw some Talking heads in there for a bit. Think I'm going to move to some Tom Waits now.

It doesn't. Most of the supervisory types around here are cool. But he's one of those guys who likes to order his subordinates to do stuff just because he can.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm listening to Underground Garage now. I usually surf between 21 & 35.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tattoo You was solid and they've had a good song here and there since then. I think it's just more that the well runs dry, rather than drugs or anything like that. It's a dirty not-so-secret that some of the best music ever made has been created by drug abusers. But there aren't very many artists who've put out masterpieces 20+ years after their creative peaks. It's a very short list..Dylan, Neil Young .. ?

It's not really fair. The Stones have been dead for years. Their best work was in 60's and 70's and they were great then.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see that.

Willie's Roadhouse and Outlaw Country or go to hell.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw them in concert back in the late 90's. One of the worst concerts I've ever seen. Fuckers came on about an hour late, played for thirty minutes, took an hour break, and then played for another 45 minutes.

I like their music, though.

It's a two way tie for the worst concert I've ever been to.

When I was a kid, Conway Twitty's retarded son, Michael opened up for George Jones. Dude couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and played like 30 minutes over his time slot. Finally they had to cut the power on his ass because George Jones was threatening to leave, which would have been cool. I saw George Jones once a year, so I would have loved to have been in attendance for one of his famous no shows.

And then a few years ago, I went and saw Drivin N Cryin, a band I always liked, and I went to high school with the bass player's nephew. They sounded so bad live, it was almost comical. I couldn't drink enough to enjoy the music.

Last edited:

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll throw on the Outlaw Country from time to time.

I've been playing The Road Goes On Forever on my gitfiddle recently. You know that one?

I know the song, never tried to play it. Doubt I could on the guitar, I only know a few basic chords. I'm a fiddle player from way back though, and can play the mandolin too, since it's basically a fiddle with frets that you pick.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drivin N Cryin, a band I always liked, and I went to high school with the bass player.

Never heard of them. Just looked em up on the wikapedier. Says they were formed when you were still swimming in your dad's ballsack.