• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most loyal fanbases

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska fans gotta be up there near the top fo sho.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, how many fanbase threads are there? Lol. I meant to post this in the HuskerNation thread below :L

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue with the Husker fans on this one. But here is the problem with these lists. It isn't possible to be objective, unless one hates em all.
The true loyal fans are the ones who are true when their teams suck, like my lifelong love of the Blazers and Cubbies. The one year they had each great teams were awesome, but the rest....still, Rip City, and Harry, take me out to the ballgame.

So I'd include Notre Dame, Kansas (for each school there), Mizzou, U Washington, Northwestern, and all those other schools who have endured long dry spells. It's easy to be a fan when your school is on top. Let's see what happens when ya ain't.:whistle:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good one, this made me laugh. Ohio Stadium's seating capacity is in the top 5 in the country.

Oh. So that was your point to begin with?

That somehow a sellout streak is meaningless because Ohio St's stadium is bigger?

Well Buckeye stadium needs to be bigger "So they can seat more Buckeye fans".

There are certainly more Buckeye fans than the stadium holds, right?

Buckeye stadium is not the biggest. They are not even the second or third biggest. :tsk:

"Your Buckeyes need a bigger stadium."

From 2009 - Will Ohio State fans find a reason to stay away when Buckeyes play lowly New Mexico State? | cleveland.com

Saturday's game against lowly New Mexico State could test their devotion, especially if the weather turns sour.
• New Mexico State vs. Ohio State, Ohio Stadium, Saturday, noon. TV: Big Ten NetworkCOLUMBUS, Ohio -- The tailgaters weren't as plentiful at Ohio Stadium last week, the crowd a little later filling the stands.

"With the economic climate, and the Purdue loss, you never know what to expect," said Jones, who oversees the ticket office as Ohio State's associate athletic director for external affairs. "So I was thinking, 'Beat them by 70 and we'll wash away that bad taste after the Purdue loss.' I never want to run it up on anybody, but I wanted us to have a good showing."

It's not as if there's a huge sellout streak on the line, like Nebraska's NCAA record of 302 straight sellouts in a stadium whose current capacity is just over 81,000. Notre Dame is second with 210 consecutive sellouts. Ohio State is on a 17-game sellout streak dating back to the Akron game of 2007. Jones said for that game, as for this one, the opponent returned a sizeable chunk of its tickets about two weeks before the game.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh. So that was your point to begin with?

That somehow a sellout streak is meaningless because Ohio St's stadium is bigger?

Well Buckeye stadium needs to be bigger "So they can seat more Buckeye fans".

There are certainly more Buckeye fans than the stadium holds, right?

Buckeye stadium is not the biggest. They are not even the second or third biggest. :tsk:

"Your Buckeyes need a bigger stadium."

From 2009 - Will Ohio State fans find a reason to stay away when Buckeyes play lowly New Mexico State? | cleveland.com

My point was that Nebraska has great fans. More seats, more fans in the stadium. Hopefully that makes sense to you because that's all I was saying.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[insert Penn State JoPa loyalty joke]

Michigan should be higher. Yes I'm bias but when a program wins 8 games in two years and still has 100k+ attendance, then your fans are pretty damn loyal... or stupid

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was that Nebraska has great fans. More seats, more fans in the stadium. Hopefully that makes sense to you because that's all I was saying.

Well my point is that there are obviously more fans than there are seats in Buckeye stadium and they are not the biggest stadium, so your Buckeyes need a bigger stadium.
More seats, more fans in the stadium.

Hopefully that makes sense to you because that's all I'm saying.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Memorial Stadium seats approximately 5% of the population of Nebraska.

Ohio Stadium seats approximately 1% of the population of Ohio.

Percentage wise, Ohio Stadium is a bit behind.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sarcasm font mf'er. Use it.

Which font is that? I see this comment all the time and I never notice anyone using it just the dumb smilies which are grossly over used on this site.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which font is that? I see this comment all the time and I never notice anyone using it just the dumb smilies which are grossly over used on this site.

OH GEEZ, I DUNNO...JUST PICK ANY FONT AND COLOR!

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"...] [/FONT...]

Take out the 3 dots in each.

Comic Sans MS has always been understood to be sarcasm font on SportsHoopla.

Sometimes I use Italic if I'm on my phone.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my point is that there are obviously more fans than there are seats in Buckeye stadium and they are not the biggest stadium, so your Buckeyes need a bigger stadium.
More seats, more fans in the stadium.

Hopefully that makes sense to you because that's all I'm saying.

Oh now that's original. Not sure what your issue is, I have not offended your Huskers or their fan base. But whatever.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memorial Stadium seats approximately 5% of the population of Nebraska.

Ohio Stadium seats approximately 1% of the population of Ohio.

Percentage wise, Ohio Stadium is a bit behind.

I have been to most of the BigTen stadiums for Buckeye road games. Someday I would like to catch a game at Memorial Stadium although tickets are probably hard to get.