• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most loyal fanbases

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida fans are loyal? TAMU fans? I don't know if loyal means what the author thinks it means.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most Loyal Fan Bases In College Football - Business Insider

:suds:

1. Nebraska
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Notre Dame
5. Georgia
6. Michigan
7. Florida
8. LSU
9. Penn St
10. Auburn
11. Texas A&M
12. Texas
13. Tennessee
14. Oklahoma
15. Clemson

Props to all on the list. I raise a toast to you.

Ya know, I only wish our fanbase were close to this. Maybe someday.

I can say this, I am as loyal to Oregon football as any fan of any team represented here. We fans just simply don't compare as a whole to some of these listed. The Ducks to have a good group that is loyal as anyone though. Lots of new fans. That's ok, never to late to join as a fan.

*seems Oky is way too low.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is more of a bandwagon list than a loyal list.

I will say fans of programs that have no

great traditions
Heisman winners
NCs
top recruiting classes
winning seasons

Are the most loyal fanbases. It is easy to root for teams with 10+ wins every season. It's easy to root for teams with great traditions. It's easy to root for teams that are the only major conference team in the state. etc.

I would put fanbases of Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Cal, Wake Forest, etc above any of those teams on that list.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure if you look hard enough you can probably find another useless ranking with Nebraska at the top somewhere. We would all love to see it.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson gots ta be higher.

The tomahawk with FSU is a beast of a place too.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been years where Iowa made a January bowl game and ISU wasn't even bowl eligible, and the ISU fans still would talk about how ISU is better than Iowa, even if Iowa beat ISU.

That's loyalty IMO.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props to all on the list. I raise a toast to you.

Ya know, I only wish our fanbase were close to this. Maybe someday.

I can say this, I am as loyal to Oregon football as any fan of any team represented here. We fans just simply don't compare as a whole to some of these listed. The Ducks to have a good group that is loyal as anyone though. Lots of new fans. That's ok, never to late to join as a fan.

*seems Oky is way too low.

Great post, good interpretation of the article and fans around the country.

I'm sure if you look hard enough you can probably find another useless ranking with Nebraska at the top somewhere. We would all love to see it.

Terrible post, screams butt hurt and some sort of personal vendetta on Nebraska.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd put South Carolina at number 2 those guys support their team as hard as anyone regardless of how they do.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the fans born in Alabama, raised in Alabama, grew up watching football in Alabama... Around 95 % of them are die hard loyal Alabama or Aubrin fans

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, you can't base a fanbase on one sport alone. When I think of a fanbase, I think how they are throughout the major sports.

When I first with to York, you would never know Nebraska had a basketball team. They were loyal fans in football, baseball, and volleyball. But when it came to basketball, most of the Husker fans I met all of a sudden became Creighton or Kansas fans. They wouldn't even CLAIM to be Husker basketball fans. It really wasn't until a few years ago until I heard them talk about Nebraska basketball.

I understand not being excited when a team sucks. I didn't follow Iowa basketball during Lickliter years, but I still claimed to be a Hawkeye basketball fan.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say the fans born in Alabama, raised in Alabama, grew up watching football in Alabama... Around 95 % of them are die hard loyal Alabama or Aubrin fans

There aren't too many fair weather fans from Alabama, but they are the absolute worst to deal with.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're right, Nebraska would rank #1 on these "worthless" lists:

• Number of consecutive bowl games (record of 35 straight)
  • Number of consecutive sellouts (record 333 consecutive and counting)
  • Number of Conference Championship (43, tied with Oklahoma)
Those are all "worthless" lists I presume in your opinion?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, Nebraska would rank #1 on these "worthless" lists:

• Number of consecutive bowl games (record of 35 straight)
  • Number of consecutive sellouts (record 333 consecutive and counting)
  • Number of Conference Championship (43, tied with Oklahoma)
Those are all "worthless" lists I presume in your opinion?

Here we go again with the Nebraska "lets make every discussion on this forum about our mediocre football program..then we will get mad at everybody because they aren't bowing down to our 8 win seasons and Bo Pelini's cat."

Sorry to the good Braska fans out there like GBR, RA, Tom, some of the new guys, etc....... you far out number these fhegs and I honestly have nothing but respect for Nebraska....but this "look at us too" pre-school attention seeking shit is getting old and I will call it out when I see it. I would expect the same from others to a VT poster acting in the same manner. :thumb:

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go again with the Nebraska "lets make every discussion on this forum about our mediocre football program..then we will get mad at everybody because they aren't bowing down to our 8 win seasons and Bo Pelini's cat."

Sorry to the good Braska fans out there like GBR, RA, Tom, some of the new guys, etc....... you far out number these fhegs and I honestly have nothing but respect for Nebraska....but this "look at us too" pre-school attention seeking shit is getting old and I will call it out when I see it. I would expect the same from others to a VT poster acting in the same manner. :thumb:

OP posted an article. Gave Cheers to all who made the list. Didn't brag, didn't say anything derogative towards anybody.

Yet, here you come in guns 'ablazing to shit all over Nebraska.

Where did the OP ever imply that the list was all about Nebraska? Nowhere. Give it a fucking rest.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP posted an article. Gave Cheers to all who made the list. Didn't brag, didn't say anything derogative towards anybody.

Yet, here you come in guns 'ablazing to shit all over Nebraska.

Where did the OP every imply that the list was all about Nebraska? Nowhere. Give it a fucking rest.

100% chance if Nebraska wasn't on that list....or for that matter.... wasn't #1 on that list that this thread would have never been created. I saw the OP's name under the post and I knew who was going to be #1 before i even opened it. If you can't see that shit, the other lists of similar fashion, the AA will win the heisman, the Nebraska will win a MNC next year, and the various other "hey look at our bowl streak, the 95 team, and our sellout records" thread jacks......for what they are......then you are just as jaded as some others and there is no point in explaining myself. Except the truth, hope for change, and be men about it. Hell that's what i'm doing with VT. :thumb: