• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Disappointing Aspects of the Carolina Loss

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Young receivers can't catch a cold. We let go of Maclin and spent money on running backs. Meanwhile we have no one, not a single WR, that scares anyone. The team was really counting on Jordan Matthews, Nelson Agholor and Josh Huff. Well, it is nearly halfway through the season and they have 2 TDs between them. That's pitiful. Miles Austin and Riley Cooper have been better. The Eagles invested first, second and third round picks on receivers, and have no one who can blow the top off a defense or catch the ball consistently. It's truly sad.

2) Demarco Murray is a bad fit for the offense. This has become pretty clear. Ryan Matthews plays much better every time he gets a shot. But, much like Bradford, we are going to see Murray play as the lead back all year because Chip invested in him and wants to be proven right. He never will be. Either he adjusts his scheme or Murray struggles.

3) OL depth exposed. The Eagles rolled the dice, thinking they could get another year or two out of Jason Peters. The guy is clearly in decline and becoming more injury prone. Meanwhile the depth of this unit is atrocious. They have only drafted one guy in recent years, Lane Johnson, and it shows. Basically the Eagles are rolling out undrafted free agent level talents everywhere besides Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson. You are not going to beat good defenses like Carolina with journeymen offensive linemen. They played pretty well yesterday considering their talent level, but--they are just not good.

4) Vaunted front 7 got pushed around by Carolina. Our run defense is generally pretty good but they got worked yesterday by a more physical Carolina offense. It was sickening to watch them struggle to tackle and get off blocks. I worry they are going to wear down as the season goes on. They have played a lot of snaps. And our safeties are basically converted corners who can't tackle. They are an improvement over what we had, but you saw their limits yesterday trying to tackle Carolina's big backs.

I will leave Bradford alone this week because I thought he played one of his better games, but he is clearly a journeyman NFL QB with a pea shooter arm and a tin man heart. Strictly backup caliber. That second rounder we gave up is going to prove costly if we continue like this and go 8-8 or so.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are reports this morning that Jordan Matthews is playing through a hand injury, which would explain some things.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Kelce, he is having a poor season. Getting beat, penalties, and sloppy hiking.

SixthStreet

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Kelce has been very bad this year. He's been affected badly by personnel decisions though. He's most effective pulling and getting to the second level, but he's not getting a chance to do it as much because he's playing next to garbage on either side and the lead RB is someone who is strictly between the tackles and likes to get a push up front. Kelce has never been the type of C to move guys off the LOS, and Murray is most effective with one. OTOH, Kelce works best with a outside edge runner and he doesn't have one.

This is all on Chip the GM.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Kelce has been very bad this year. He's been affected badly by personnel decisions though. He's most effective pulling and getting to the second level, but he's not getting a chance to do it as much because he's playing next to garbage on either side and the lead RB is someone who is strictly between the tackles and likes to get a push up front. Kelce has never been the type of C to move guys off the LOS, and Murray is most effective with one. OTOH, Kelce works best with a outside edge runner and he doesn't have one.

This is all on Chip the GM.

Last year Kelce played along the same guys - in fact he did play along more trashy guys - and did much better than he does now. Last season these guys were quite servicable.

Green Head

Formally Cape May Eagle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple answer is that the Eagles got played by Kuechly and Norman. Other than the dropped balls the Eagles actually played very well IMO. I think Bradford looked the best he has all season and looks to be more comfortable in the pocket. Unfortunately some key plays got busted up that should have been scores. Still the Eagles look like shit, they look poorly coached and not in sync at all. Personally I don't see them getting any better.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is underrated. They are undefeated by their own means and that's a bad matchup for us without any WRs.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelce is an undersized center who needs some strong guards beside him to be effective. Right now, he is playing with journeymen guards and he can't hold up. I am still on his bandwagon but the team will surely look into drafting or signing a better backup to get him some competition if this continues all year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina is underrated. They are undefeated by their own means and that's a bad matchup for us without any WRs.

I think they are pretty good now that I saw them, but they too have zero receivers. The difference is their scrubs caught it.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Cowboy fan- I didn't see you guys play the Jets but have seen all the othes. I thought that was the best full game yall have played. You had big 3 rd down conversions throughout. I saw improvement.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is Deerpathdave?

I guess he has no positive things to say?