• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More players taking a knee in the preseason

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yelling racism and name calling is all you got, because without them you can’t make a argument that what the players have done
makes any sense. Certainly hasn’t help the so call issue they are supposedly trying to address. That issue is barely even though of, even by the players. It’s turned into a power struggle between the employees and their employers. I am lost on what exactly the employees win over this battle. It’s a case of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Killing the golden goose does the players no good, yet other then hurting the industry that has thrived and has benefited both employers and employees, nothing tangible has been accomplished or will be.
Eventually the media will tired of This and will move on to stirring the shit elsewhere and the players will reflect back and understand that they choose the wrong battle to fight.
Its hasn't helped? Its inspired discussion and got the issue 90 million dollars.... lol. Every protest is going to make stuff more contentious at first . Thats because those who oppose it will become upset where before they were happy . Saying it hasnt helped is factually wrong though .

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hasn't helped? Its inspired discussion and got the issue 90 million dollars.... lol. Every protest is going to make stuff more contentious at first . Thats because those who oppose it will become upset where before they were happy . Saying it hasnt helped is factually wrong though .
I'm guessing it changed no ones thoughts on the issue. I also think not one extra person finally learned of the issue.
If it's doing anything at all it's causing deeper resentment on both sides.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing it changed no ones thoughts on the issue. I also think not one extra person finally learned of the issue.
If it's doing anything at all it's causing deeper resentment on both sides.
That's how protest works .

I'm upset about something.

You're finne with it the way it is

I inconvenience you in some manner in hopes you'll listen.

You get upset and refuse to listen or tell me that this isn't the right way to do it

I persist

You become even more enraged

I persist

Finally you realize I'm not quitting do you pause to contemplate

We discuss

The only issue right now is the players have already won yet they still persist. Maybe they dont consider talk and 90 million a win but theyd be wrong.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add protest is not supposed to change minds. If you disagree with me inherently you're not my target. Protest is meant to inspire action in those who do agree but havent acted or to create thought amongst those who are ambivalent.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's how protest works .

I'm upset about something.

You're finne with it the way it is

I inconvenience you in some manner in hopes you'll listen.

You get upset and refuse to listen or tell me that this isn't the right way to do it

I persist

You become even more enraged

I persist

Finally you realize I'm not quitting do you pause to contemplate

We discuss

The only issue right now is the players have already won yet they still persist. Maybe they dont consider talk and 90 million a win but theyd be wrong.

You you think its changing anyone's minds?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You you think its changing anyone's minds?
It's not supposed to. It's supposed to inspire action amongst those who agree. I cant change your mind on a topic by upsetting you but I can inspire you to act if you agree or if you were ambivalent

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not supposed to. It's supposed to inspire action amongst those who agree. I cant change your mind on a topic by upsetting you but I can inspire you to act if you agree or if you were ambivalent
That's good, because all these protests are doing is driving a wedge in between the sides.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good, because all these protests are doing is driving a wedge in between the sides.
That's all part of it man. Nothing gets done with inaction . While I totally get what you're saying I'm just telling you it's ok. Thats how it works

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do what you want but I will not attend another NFL game until the NFL cleans up its act.

With the exception of maintaining my Fantasy Football Team, I boycotted the NFL last year ... it freed up my Sundays and I enjoyed College Football more, even with Michigan having the season they had.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me try to explain it in an easily understandable way.

Have you ever hit one of those annoying calls asking you to take a survey about something? Rate something 5 if you strongly agree, 4 if you slightly agree, 3 if you have no thoughts, 2 if you slightly disagree and 1 if you strongly disagree??

Those calls aren't really for the people at 1 or 5. Their minds are made up. They're really not even for those at 2 although you may change a tony percentage of peoples minds. Who those calls are for us the people at 3 or 4. The people who you have a chance to bring to your side. That's how protest works too. You aren't trying to make a white supremacist care. You're trying to make someone who already slightly agrees take action or to make someone who has no thoughts think . Does that make sense? Lol

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all part of it man. Nothing gets done with inaction . While I totally get what you're saying I'm just telling you it's ok. Thats how it works

Driving a wedge is good? That makes no sense. Getting both sides to talk in a non argumentative situation would go a lot further in correcting any wrongs you are trying to fix.

I've said this plenty of times, I have no issue with the protests, I have issue with the setting they are using.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Have you ever hit one of those annoying calls asking you to take a survey about something? Rate something 5 if you strongly agree, 4 if you slightly agree, 3 if you have no thoughts, 2 if you slightly disagree and 1 if you strongly disagree??

Those calls aren't really for the people at 1 or 5. Their minds are made up. They're really not even for those at 2 although you may change a tony percentage of peoples minds. Who those calls are for us the people at 3 or 4. The people who you have a chance to bring to your side. That's how protest works too. You aren't trying to make a white supremacist care. You're trying to make someone who already slightly agrees take action or to make someone who has no thoughts think . Does that make sense? Lol
what are you trying to say

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny, because when I get those calls, I tell them I don't do polls and hang up.

Same as with these protests, there not going to change me one way or another.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never been a fan of the kneel, said it from the start. But I do kind of enjoy how the dumb ass in Washington stirred it up again when it had died down and watching so many people melt down about it including 45.

I will always love football. Anyone who stops watching their team, punishing themselves by taking away something they really love, over this is a dumb ass and I laugh at them.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think more would listen to Kaepernick as a too tier Starting QB.

Oh, wait a minute, he lost his start prior to his protests.

Begs the question. Is this really about the oppressed, or just an excuse for his pouting?

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of maintaining my Fantasy Football Team, I boycotted the NFL last year ... it freed up my Sundays and I enjoyed College Football more, even with Michigan having the season they had.

College football?

Now there's a loser option if ever.