• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

More players taking a knee in the preseason

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is up to the employer, not the public. When you have a workforce that is highly skilled and not easily replaceable, it's not as simple as saying if you do this you're gone. Also as others have noted, the pressure put forth by those boycotting the NFL is matched by those who were upset over the league wanting to mandate standing "or else".

Call the Dolphin ownership and ask them about that, today.

Back in June...The Dolphins contacted the Police Unions in Dade
and Broward Counties and a few others, close by, to invite all
of them to participate in a "First Responder's Game." The
Dolphins wanted to honor all the first responders.

Then some Dolphin players took a knee at their first exhibition game.

Today, all the members of those Police Unions are raising hell
and have told the Dolphins to forget First Responder Day.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a PR black eye that will have a effect that can't be measured. New advertisers deciding not to advertise during NFL games for example, so not to be connected with the mess. Common sense should tell you that this isn't good for the industry.

Think he's done with milking this for PR.:hope:

It was probably naive for the NFL that they could continue their meteoric profitability forever. But I also think they have a long way to go before advertiser start abandoning the NFL.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably naive for the NFL that they could continue their meteoric profitability forever. But I also think they have a long way to go before advertiser start abandoning the NFL.

They just got 100 mil more for their Thursday might package which has been dreadful.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just got 100 mil more for their Thursday might package which has been dreadful.

Exactly. Another 100 million for crapola.. even a viewership that drops 10% is still a hell of a lot of people.

Of course most businessmen freak out when they don't get every nickel they think they can. The gravy train been going on since like the 60's and it's looks like it's coming to an end.

MLB has gone through it many times, the NBA a few times and both have come out of it ok. In then end making the games better is always the best solution.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Another 100 million for crapola.. even a viewership that drops 10% is still a hell of a lot of people.

Of course most businessmen freak out when they don't get every nickel they think they can. The gravy train been going on since like the 60's and it's looks like it's coming to an end.

MLB has gone through it many times, the NBA a few times and both have come out of it ok. In then end making the games better is always the best solution.

Bingo. If football keeps amending the rules to the point people don't know what a legal tackle or catch is it will end up costing them more than this protest. That being said, the vast majority of these idiots kneeling haven't the foggiest idea of the actual causes of the "injustices" they are kneeling about.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you boycott the NFL, you play right into the hands of the kneeling players. They want a reaction or they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. The most effective way to neutralize their protest is to ignore them completely.

um..talk to Trump?

if he and the media leaves it alone - it goes bye bye

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. If football keeps amending the rules to the point people don't know what a legal tackle or catch is it will end up costing them more than this protest. That being said, the vast majority of these idiots kneeling haven't the foggiest idea of the actual causes of the "injustices" they are kneeling about.

I think the new catch rule might be ok because it matches what people think is a catch. I'm actually more for letting the refs refs rather going to slo-mo frame by frame replay. I'll take the mistakes than what we have now.

The helmet rule will take some time for players to figure out but they've been been getting much better with tackling receivers without trying to kill them so I think they'll figure out.

The head spearing probably does need to go. It's not safe for either player. Look as Shazier.. I only played a lot of neighborhood football and so we never had helmets and so we rarely speared someone with our head because it was stupid. But there are still plenty of physical hard hitting ways to tackle than spearing them. Football can survive this.

Instant replay was a great idea at first but now it's killing the sport. Same with saturation.
I think 2-3 games on Sunday is ok. I like Sunday night football. A good way to end the weekend.

After that maybe Monday night football but the games have to get better.

Thursday night games are a waste as are the games in London. Surprisingly the games in Mexico City were fun because the crowds are nuts and at least its in the same hemisphere. But if it went away I wouldn't cry.

Last edited:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the new catch rule might be ok because it matches what people think is a catch. I'm actually more for letting the refs refs rather going to slo-mo frame by frame replay. I'll take the mistakes than what we have now.

The helmet rule will take some time for players to figure out but they've been been getting much better with tackling receivers without trying to kill them so I think they'll figure out.

The head spearing probably does need to go. It's not safe for either player. Look as Shazier.. I only played a lot of neighborhood football and so we never had helmets and so we rarely speared someone with our head because it was stupid. But there are still plenty of physical hard hitting ways to tackle than spearing them. Football can survive this.

Instant replay was a great idea at first but now it's killing the sport. Same with saturation.
I think 2-3 games on Sunday is ok. I like Sunday night football. A good way to end the weekend.

After that maybe Monday night football but the games have to get better.

Thursday night games are a waste as are the games in London. Surprisingly the games in Mexico City were fun because the crowds are nuts and at least its in the same hemisphere. But if it went away I wouldn't cry.

I completely agree with everything you just posted.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the players have "assumed" that all fans want to see them kneel, I have gone at it with the attitude and started "assuming" that all players are selfish assholes, and have taken more joy as of late when they blow out a knee or tear an acl. They are all replaceable, should one go down, another will take their place and maybe the next generation won't be so selfish.
Except Andy, he's not selfish and is off limits.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos don't get their shit together this year, I'll be taking a knee every Sunday.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call the Dolphin ownership and ask them about that, today.

Back in June...The Dolphins contacted the Police Unions in Dade
and Broward Counties and a few others, close by, to invite all
of them to participate in a "First Responder's Game." The
Dolphins wanted to honor all the first responders.

Then some Dolphin players took a knee at their first exhibition game.

Today, all the members of those Police Unions are raising hell
and have told the Dolphins to forget First Responder Day.
Good on the 1st responders:yo:

Maybe they can give the tickets to all the disenfranchised hanging chad group?

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im' sure you'll be sorely missed.
I really don't care if I'm missed or not but if enough people voiced their displeasure maybe these prima donna athletes might mend their ways.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with their right to protest, but not on the job.

Don't show it.
I agree with you... When they are wearing an NFL uniform they shouldn't be allowed to protest.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think kneeling during the Anthem is BS, but I'm not letting it drive me from the game.

Yep. I made an entire thread about it a few weeks back. I might not like it, but I'm also not going to let other people influence my emotions so easily as to drive me away from watching the game. Honestly I barely put any thought into it one way or the other anymore, as the act has gotten too stale to hold my attention any longer.

Last edited:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What group is in greater need of a safe space than right wingers?