• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Month of May brings a new beginning!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressed the ways the Dodgers' find to lose... Today's loss came at the hands of the highest paid pitcher in the history of Major League Baseball. Dodgers chip away, take the lead and the highest paid pitcher in the history of Major League Baseball managed to give right back with a Brandon Hicks home run. Meanwhile, the giants find ways to win, even against the highest paid pitcher in the history of Major League Baseball.

Then, right on cue, the bullpen gives the giants an insurance run and nighty night, the dodgers lose a four game series at home to their rivals and have yet to win a series against a team over .500 - wow.

This organization is shit.

Look man, I agreed with a large part of your fucking rantings. I looked at it realistically, and backed you up when you had very valid points. But you have a serious axe to grind with this team. I'm not sure what game your watched, or what box scores you are looking at, but today had nothing to do with Kershaw. How can you say that the loss came at the hands of Kershaw, when he didn't get the loss? If the bullpen would have fucking held up, LA would have won the game. Kershaw gave up the lead, but when he gives up 3 runs, and the Dodgers score 4 by the ninth inning, the clearly he isn't responsible. not getting the loss clearly indicates that the loss wasn't his responsibility. Kershaw's ERA is 1.74. Seems like he's earning his fuckng paycheck. Or, you must have forgotten about his 7 IP 0 ER outing last Tuesday. And even giving up 3, he still didn't lose.

If you are going to complain like a small fucking child, at least use facts, instead of conjuring up bullshit in order to piss and moan. Are you a fucking adult? The starting rotation is 16-8 with a 3.09 ERA (and that's with Kershaw missing a half dozen starts). The bullpen is 4-12 with a 4.30 ERA. By all means, bitch about the problem, just make sure you've identified the problem first. If we had any sort of a closer, and decent set up men, we would have at least another 5-7 wins and be the best team in baseball.

You bring up good points about errors and spotty offense, and the bullpen is obvious. But talking shit about Kershaw is where you lose all credibility. There is not a fan, coach, player, or front office in the game that wouldn't LOVE to be able to pay for, and sign, Kershaw. Our defense obviously needs to sharpen up. The offense is stagnant at times, but overall is certainly respectable. The starting rotation is fucking legit, and the bullpen is a fucking trainwreck. Other than that, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Take your ball and go the fuck home.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look man, I agreed with a large part of your fucking rantings. I looked at it realistically, and backed you up when you had very valid points. But you have a serious axe to grind with this team. I'm not sure what game your watched, or what box scores you are looking at, but today had nothing to do with Kershaw. How can you say that the loss came at the hands of Kershaw, when he didn't get the loss? If the bullpen would have fucking held up, LA would have won the game. Kershaw gave up the lead, but when he gives up 3 runs, and the Dodgers score 4 by the ninth inning, the clearly he isn't responsible. not getting the loss clearly indicates that the loss wasn't his responsibility. Kershaw's ERA is 1.74. Seems like he's earning his fuckng paycheck. Or, you must have forgotten about his 7 IP 0 ER outing last Tuesday. And even giving up 3, he still didn't lose.

If you are going to complain like a small fucking child, at least use facts, instead of conjuring up bullshit in order to piss and moan. Are you a fucking adult? The starting rotation is 16-8 with a 3.09 ERA (and that's with Kershaw missing a half dozen starts). The bullpen is 4-12 with a 4.30 ERA. By all means, bitch about the problem, just make sure you've identified the problem first. If we had any sort of a closer, and decent set up men, we would have at least another 5-7 wins and be the best team in baseball.

You bring up good points about errors and spotty offense, and the bullpen is obvious. But talking shit about Kershaw is where you lose all credibility. There is not a fan, coach, player, or front office in the game that wouldn't LOVE to be able to pay for, and sign, Kershaw. Our defense obviously needs to sharpen up. The offense is stagnant at times, but overall is certainly respectable. The starting rotation is fucking legit, and the bullpen is a fucking trainwreck. Other than that, you don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Take your ball and go the fuck home.

Baseball is a situational game... It's about match ups - the games within the game (something Bochy is brilliant at). The Dodgers are struggling to put runs on the board. They take the lead, forcing the Giants to change their approach in the 7th where they get the lead right back. If it's the 7th inning, the Dodgers have a one run lead against their division rival at home, I expect the highest paid pitcher in the history of Major League Baseball to shut 'em down and put the team in his shoulders . I love Kershaw, but he failed today - when you get paid that much, my expectations are through the roof. Yes, 1.74 era expectations. 20 + wins expectations. Like shutdown the Cardinals in game 6 expectations. I think Kershaw is amazing.... But like all bullshit he let the Giants take it back.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, this is where I hope people like this don't come back in October when we're in the playoffs

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, this is where I hope people like this don't come back in October when we're in the playoffs

This team is not built for October. We saw that last year.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and FYI:

"It's frustrating," Kershaw said. "The team played so well and we battled all day. Guys were making plays, getting big, clutch hits, moving guys over and playing the game the right way. So for me to give up that home run after just getting the lead right back is disappointing. I've got to shut the door right there."

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but it's not Kershaws fault, any pitcher who goes 7 innings and gives up 3 runs or less, just gave his team a chance to win, and that's all any pitcher can do, I don't care how good you are or how much money he is making, bottom line is, he did his job, gave his team a chance, after that it's up to the offense to score some fricking runs.

Also the best teams in baseball only win 60% of their games, which means ALL teams are going to go through stretches during the year when they are going to struggle. Do you really think the Brewers are as good as they are playing right now maybe? But I don't think so! The Dodgers will go on a win streak or two before it's all over, they will also go on another tough stretch, as Ron Washington would say, "that's how baseball go" (yes he's a dweeb)

You make the case that if the dodgers didn't play Arizona they would really suck, well if the Giants didn't play the Dodgers they are also an average team, according to your theory.

We will win more then our fair share of games, our top 5 staring pitchers are 15-4, I don't know of any other team that has a top 5 as good as ours, and in the end pitching wins, yes we need to get our bullpen straightened out, but it has to get better, doesn't it? I still have confidence that Jansen will be fine, just going through a rough patch.

Right now we are wasteing a great start by Gordan, he's getting on alot and getting in scoring position. We need to get early leads of more than one or two runs, we can't count on our pitchers to continually try to protect one or two run leads, it puts them in a position that they can't afford to make a pitch mistake, which is going to happen with ANY pitcher. Our bullpen is not coming through right now, but it will, the problem is we shouldn't be putting the bullpen in "save" situations, with our "supposedly" good offense we need to be putting up more runs! PERIOD!

Last edited by a moderator:

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and FYI:

"It's frustrating," Kershaw said. "The team played so well and we battled all day. Guys were making plays, getting big, clutch hits, moving guys over and playing the game the right way. So for me to give up that home run after just getting the lead right back is disappointing. I've got to shut the door right there."

First of all, Kershaw is one of the most self-confronting players in the game, it's why he is so effective. He critiques every pitch, to the point of being a perfectionist. Of course he's going to be extremely critical of giving up a HR in the 7th. He was also probably pretty critical of giving up 9 hits in his first start back, despite not giving up a single earned run. What's he supposed to say, "Yeah, I did my part. Left the game and didn't record the loss, fuckin bullpen gave it up like they always do."? Really?

Second of all, Kershaw gave up 2 ER from only 5 hits in 13 IP last postseason before that last start. Wacha threw out of his mind, and Kershaw had a bad start. Again, the facts show that up until that game, LA had not been out-hit in a single game in the postseason, and had the best postseason ERA. You still like to stream a great deal of analysis, but the facts say otherwise. nothing away from Wacha, and not making excuses for Kershaw, but Kershaw wins that matchup 7 out of 10 times.

And finally, don't give me this shit about situational baseball, and how Bochy is brilliant. Romo giving up the HR to Hanley in the 9th to go to extras, was that situationally brilliant???? Fuck no. The players still have to go out there and make it happen. If Bochy is so fucking brilliant, then how come they did so terrible last year with pretty much the exact same team that won the WS the year before?

Bottom line is that you're going to talk shit regardless of what happens, as long as the Dodgers don't win the WS. Either they play well during the season and don't finish in October, or didn't look good during the season, and so not getting a ring is inevitable. Hate to break it to you, but it's going to take a few years of sustained success to be able to make it to the WS regularly, and get some rings out of it. And really, only StL (maybe a stretch to include Boston) has doing it since the late 90's Yankees.

So again, sorry the Dodgers have not achieved your expectations. LA is still one of the most successful franchises in the game, along with NY, BOS, StL, and SF. They will be playing for the postseason every year, and that's what you want in a franchise. This is still a freshly assembled team, with a manager who is coaching his first team. We have a lot of young talent, and they will probably play together for years to come. I see them making a strong run at it for years. It's so much better of a situation than almost every team out there. I agree that LA needs to start getting back to the WS, but I also feel that 3 NLCS appearances in the last 7 years is nothing to shake a stick at.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure that? Pitching wins in October and we have great pitching.

Great pitching got bounced in game 6 of the NLCS.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news, assuming the bullpen does not completely meltdown tonight, the Dodgers will win their first series versus a team over. .500 - feeling proud of the boys in blue. Now hopefully they can build on this.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, League is looking pretty solid. Seems to have found some control and ultimately more relaxed. League, Withrow, Wright and Howell are solid. The rest are a pile of shit stacked in a 'pen.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucken joke, this team is heartless right now. Pathetic! :L

Mean while the Giants pick up a win today.:gaah:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game has been brutal. The bullpen needs help.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Maholm simply needs to go.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maholm has been serviceable as a throw in 5th starter. He was bound for a meltdown night. Need to get Ryun back.

I do not understand Mattingly throwing Withrow when the Dodgers were down ten. He overuses the wrong guys!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maholm has not been anywhere near serviceable, he's 1-4 with an ERA over 5, I'm sorry, but that is not serviceable! LA's's top 5 starters are 17-5, and should be even better than that, Beckett has only 1 win in 7 starts with a 2.38 ERA, between, Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Beckett, and Haren, not one of them has an ERA over 3.00.

Maholm has pitched 2 pretty good games in 7 starts, but his career has shown he has really never done anything. When we have a starter hurt or need a spot starter, Fife or anyone else should be brought up, period.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maholm has not been anywhere near serviceable, he's 1-4 with an ERA over 5, I'm sorry, but that is not serviceable! LA's's top 5 starters are 17-5, and should be even better than that, Beckett has only 1 win in 7 starts with a 2.38 ERA, between, Kershaw, Greinke, Ryu, Beckett, and Haren, not one of them has an ERA over 3.00.

Maholm has pitched 2 pretty good games in 7 starts, but his career has shown he has really never done anything. When we have a starter hurt or need a spot starter, Fife or anyone else should be brought up, period.

What can you do when Kershaw is down and Ryu goes out? He's gonna suck, just hopefully he gives one or two decent starts until he comes back.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fife is the worst pitcher in Dodgers history, so no he's not better than Maholm

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2