• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it has appeared that he's been beaten more frequently than normal on defense.
Seems like the team-wide malaise that has swept over them on defense has affected his game as well.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the team-wide malaise that has swept over them on defense has affected his game as well.
Yea. I'm thinking they all just have tired legs. I mean it's hard for us as fans to grasp, because we just see them playing a professional sport for a living & think they should always be ready to go. In a sense I guess it's true...but human nature does also play a part too.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The result of the Portland game last night was not surprising. Portland is a team, if left unguarded, that can score and the Warriors do not play any defense. A very disturbing trend this year.
I'm telling you, this team will not come out of the West this year and it might not even be Houston who knocks them out.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The result of the Portland game last night was not surprising. Portland is a team, if left unguarded, that can score and the Warriors do not play any defense. A very disturbing trend this year.
I'm telling you, this team will not come out of the West this year and it might not even be Houston who knocks them out.

There's no question it's not a sure thing like it was last year that they win the title. They are still the favorites but the rest of the league is closing the gap fast. Even if they do win this year, I'm no longer thinking they can win again next year. It's way too hard to repeat, mainly because of the mileage and it's simply impossible to be hungry year after year of winning titles. Westbrook, Harden, Paul, those guys are HUNGRY.

Reminds me of the Showtime Lakers. They had 2 of the 4 best ever on that team and it's not like they won every year.

But the bolded? Let's not get carried away, the Ws are still a top 5 defensive team and that's before turning on playoff intensity. Teams that don't play 'any' defense are like the Suns or Magic, or heck the Cavs (maybe the new look Cavs will play some though)

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question it's not a sure thing like it was last year that they win the title. They are still the favorites but the rest of the league is closing the gap fast. Even if they do win this year, I'm no longer thinking they can win again next year. It's way too hard to repeat, mainly because of the mileage and it's simply impossible to be hungry year after year of winning titles. Westbrook, Harden, Paul, those guys are HUNGRY.

Reminds me of the Showtime Lakers. They had 2 of the 4 best ever on that team and it's not like they won every year.

But the bolded? Let's not get carried away, the Ws are still a top 5 defensive team and that's before turning on playoff intensity. Teams that don't play 'any' defense are like the Suns or Magic, or heck the Cavs (maybe the new look Cavs will play some though)
It doesn't seem like the bench is pulling its weight either this year like they did in the past. What's caused them to lose in the playoffs in the past is mental implosion like with Curry and Green two years ago. I see that same trait this year with the peevishness of Durant, Curry and Green and the overabundance of technicals and ejections.
I keep hearing that the Warriors are going to turn it on in the playoffs but the more I watch, the more I wonder if there is anything there to turn on. Maybe this is what they are this year.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't seem like the bench is pulling its weight either this year like they did in the past. What's caused them to lose in the playoffs in the past is mental implosion like with Curry and Green two years ago. I see that same trait this year with the peevishness of Durant, Curry and Green and the overabundance of technicals and ejections.
I keep hearing that the Warriors are going to turn it on in the playoffs but the more I watch, the more I wonder if there is anything there to turn on. Maybe this is what they are this year.

So far I've pretty much disagreed with your takes on 95% of the stuff you've posted in this thread. My reasoning was always because that the first part of the year very rarely matters to a team with championship aspirations.

But I am expecting to see some urgency out of the team after the all-star break. If the lethargy carries into mid-March, then I might start to get some concern. But everything up and till now I've been fine with.

The bench definitely needs to step up, most specifically Andre Iguodala. The Warriors haven't had a reliable 5th all year, which is really the entire difference between this year's team and previous ones. The Warriors have always had Andre to rely on there, but this year he's pretty much invisible. I'm hoping Jordan Bell starts to make some progress because we could really use his energy. I like how they've been incorporating Javale back into the rotation.

What I think will happen this year is that in the playoffs for the first time since their first finals appearance, Kerr will cut the rotation substantially in the playoffs. I could see 9 man rotations, with as low as 8 in the finals. It's going to be an interesting couple months.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe, but not the way to bet.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no question it's not a sure thing like it was last year that they win the title. They are still the favorites but the rest of the league is closing the gap fast. Even if they do win this year, I'm no longer thinking they can win again next year. It's way too hard to repeat, mainly because of the mileage and it's simply impossible to be hungry y ear after year of winning titles. Westbrook, Harden, Paul, those guys are HUNGRY.

GS still gives up a shit ton of points. They will come around when the playoffs start but if someone knocks them off it wil probably be bc they are playing great offensively and they have a much better bench. Probably GS’s weakness right now, of course the rotation will be cut in the postseason but you still need depth

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS still gives up a shit ton of points. They will come around when the playoffs start but if someone knocks them off it wil probably be bc they are playing great offensively and they have a much better bench. Probably GS’s weakness right now, of course the rotation will be cut in the postseason but you still need depth
That’s part of why the Warriors look so “bad” right now. They still play a 12-man rotation while their opponents are playing an 8-man rotation. Add that to the fact that the Dubs don’t NEED to win (nor do they really care) and it is completely understandable.

Not that that 8s not dangerous. “Turning it on” is MUCH easier said than done. But I think the smart money is still on the Dubs to take it down.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Thompson. Missing wide open jumper after wide open jumper. His game has really fallen off.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s part of why the Warriors look so “bad” right now. They still play a 12-man rotation while their opponents are playing an 8-man rotation. Add that to the fact that the Dubs don’t NEED to win (nor do they really care) and it is completely understandable.

Not that that 8s not dangerous. “Turning it on” is MUCH easier said than done. But I think the smart money is still on the Dubs to take it down.
Not to mention the lack of effort they put forth.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MFer can't even hit a free throw.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone miss more wide open threes than Thompson?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young getting torched by Anthony.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're not even guarding Thompson at the three point line. They want him to shoot.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone only read your posts and never watched a game, read a boxscore or saw any other posters, he would believe the Dubs were still a horribly run consistent lottery team. Not the powerhouse class of the NBA that they are now.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder shooting 28% from the field and leading. This will not end well for the Warriors.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone only read your posts and never watched a game, read a boxscore or saw any other posters, he would believe the Dubs were still a horribly run consistent lottery team. Not the powerhouse class of the NBA that they are now.

Why in god's name would anyone do that?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thompson oh for 9 on wide open threes.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunder shooting 28% from the field and leading. This will not end well for the Warriors.

You are the weakest fan in the history of sports. Also one of the most incorrect.