• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Montalban's Official Bitch About tHe Warriors Superthread

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to take it easy on the Suns tonight.

An 8:30 start time is ridiculous by the way. That’s 7:30 local time which is still pretty late.
Didn't see the game but since they won by 40+ I'm thinking they played pretty well and played defense.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. It takes away the game from the average Joe by pricing themselves out of the market. This way you get the "opera glasses and golf clap" crowd instead of the fired up Warriors backers who were there when things were bad.
Stay home and watch on television.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't see the game but since they won by 40+ I'm thinking they played pretty well and played defense.

Kerr coached his ass off last night. Lit into the team at halftime to get them refocused. Drew up some really nice plays and the players just did their jobs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kerr coached his ass off last night. Lit into the team at halftime to get them refocused. Drew up some really nice plays and the players just did their jobs.
I heard Green was coaching the team last night. Kerr was too exasperated with their previous play.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Green was coaching the team last night. Kerr was too exasperated with their previous play.
This is true. My sources tell me Kerr is so fed up with the team's embarrassing and lackadaisical play that he is very close to retiring mid season.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true. My sources tell me Kerr is so fed up with the team's embarrassing and lackadaisical play that he is very close to retiring mid season.
I hope not. Who will be there to kick this lackadaisical team in the ass at halftime if he does?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, it was quite the opposite reasoning. I don't know if you remember our conversation about how I said (and others as well) Kerr doesn't just light into them every half time because they would drown him out. Well guess who just outright supported this last night? Steve Kerr.

He said even he was tired of hearing his own voice and wanted another way to motivate the guys. He let them lead practice and film study session in addition to running the plays during the game.

You can't simply motivate a team by yelling at them. They're professionals and they're playing for the ultimate goal in mind. The season is long and a grind for the players for the most part.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it was quite the opposite reasoning. I don't know if you remember our conversation about how I said (and others as well) Kerr doesn't just light into them every half time because they would drown him out. Well guess who just outright supported this last night? Steve Kerr.

He said even he was tired of hearing his own voice and wanted another way to motivate the guys. He let them lead practice and film study session in addition to running the plays during the game.

You can't simply motivate a team by yelling at them. They're professionals and they're playing for the ultimate goal in mind. The season is long and a grind for the players for the most part.
I was kidding. Kerr seems to have infinite patience. Guys would be looking for jobs if I was the owner.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was kidding. Kerr seems to have infinite patience. Guys would be looking for jobs if I was the owner.

Who would you say has been performing to your liking on this team and who has been lazy in your opinion? Kind of a vague question, but you can use whatever your interpretation of the question is.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you say has been performing to your liking on this team and who has been lazy in your opinion? Kind of a vague question, but you can use whatever your interpretation of the question is.
Under performers: Iguodala, Livingston, Durant, Thompson
Lazy: Durant, Curry, Young
Head Not In The Game: Durant, Curry, Green, McCaw
Good performers: Looney, West, Green.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kind of a solid list, imo.

I think I would take Thompson out of the underperformers. I think he's actually be one of the good and consistent performers for the most part of the year.

Not sure Young would make the Lazy list for me, I just don't think he's a naturally good defender. And having spot minutes too are pretty tough to overcome. He'd probably go on the under performer list.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of a solid list, imo.

I think I would take Thompson out of the underperformers. I think he's actually be one of the good and consistent performers for the most part of the year.

Not sure Young would make the Lazy list for me, I just don't think he's a naturally good defender. And having spot minutes too are pretty tough to overcome. He'd probably go on the under performer list.
I'm actually pleased with Young's scoring off the bench. I've watched him quit on defense a few times though. Thompson, I'm on the fence about. Doesn't seem he's been as strong on defense as he has been in the past; that's why he made my list.

Reactions: LAD

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just trade all those clowns.

You don't really need any of them.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of this, but it's kind of just how it works. And yet another reason teams can't win 4-5 titles in a row, the real fans get priced out and bye bye home court advantage.

^^^THIS^^^

Regular folks can't afford the tickets anymore, so they get bought up by corporations (at least the good seats do). I used to work for one of those corporations and won tickets to a playoff game one season. A friend of mine and I went and got to sit in seats we never could have afforded.

Couldn't believe how quiet our section was. We got more than a couple of annoyed looks over our cheering. lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the success of the team, it's just I have to enjoy it now more from my living room.

4 reasons my living room is the better venue.

1. Instant replay
2. No line for beer
3. No line for the restroom.
4. I can pause the action if I need to get something during play.

The only issue with my living room?

My wife isn't at Staples wanting to know how soon the game is over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably nice to be home, however, they're an EXCELLENT road team this season too. So, having home court advantage is probably a moot point.

In the playoffs, HCA is never a moot point. However, as Pop has shown us, if a team is good enough and experienced enough, it's not as important.

The Warriors are in that area where they'd love to have HCA throughout, but they aren't going to risk having injured/fatigued players trying to get it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard that the Warriors contacted the Lakers to try and trade Kerr for Luke since Luke has a better winning percentage as the Warriors HC.

The deal fell through when the Lakers insisted on getting Klay and sending Deng's contract with Luke.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually pleased with Young's scoring off the bench. I've watched him quit on defense a few times though. Thompson, I'm on the fence about. Doesn't seem he's been as strong on defense as he has been in the past; that's why he made my list.
Yes, it has appeared that he's been beaten more frequently than normal on defense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 reasons my living room is the better venue.

1. Instant replay
2. No line for beer
3. No line for the restroom.
4. I can pause the action if I need to get something during play.

The only issue with my living room?

My wife isn't at Staples wanting to know how soon the game is over.

Added to #2. You don’t have to spend $7-$10 a beer.