• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Fell Nicely

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not ideal, but is ok.

we need to make sure we are decided on our starting safeties prior to the draft for this one to work.

1678979538247.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Focus on F/A going forward, for me:

Safety, if they can score a mid-level F/A for 2-3 years I'd take that. Also a veteran backup CB in that Eli/Flowers role.

Veteran WR

1 year deal, maybe a prove it deal, with a TE to hedge against having to absolutely draft one, or allowing that TE to have a year under a veteran.

Draft in no order: CB, DE, DT, WR, TE, OT, RB

I know it's not the MO - but if they get to the 28 spot and multiple options on the table...trade, trade, trade. More picks, more controllable contracts, more shots at landing guys who will pan out....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how this fell for the most part...assuming for a moment that they are set at OT and not looking this year to grab someone...I think adding to the explosiveness of the Offense becomes the priority. With no TE at this spot, worth 28, I went with a guy who I think could really open up the offense in Downs...

1679325401329.png

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know shit about shit, but I know A's and B's are usually a good sign.

Forgot to take a running back.

1679501706893.png

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know shit about shit, but I know A's and B's are usually a good sign.

Forgot to take a running back.

View attachment 323983
Parker Washington would be a really, really good add....I actually like doubling up at CB because Williams is coming off an ACL.

Outside of maybe RB, like you mentioned, I like this...well, except for the FB...he's not making the roster...so might as well find another WR/RB special teams guy

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker Washington would be a really, really good add....I actually like doubling up at CB because Williams is coming off an ACL.

Outside of maybe RB, like you mentioned, I like this...well, except for the FB...he's not making the roster...so might as well find another WR/RB special teams guy
We definitely need to go old school and draft as many gunners as possible.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely need to go old school and draft as many gunners as possible.
We saw how important that was in the playoffs....punt coverage and kickoff coverage is still important....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We saw how important that was in the playoffs....punt coverage and kickoff coverage is still important....
Gunners (especially those blocked illegally in the back) don't mean shit when your punter kicks a line drive that lands between the hashmarks.

I've never seen a team take so long to groom a guy that isn't really that good (Chrisman).... I mean, I've never read about another punter that the coaches had to teach how to hold for field goals for more than one season. Its a nice story to go from one Cincinnati kid to another at that position, but I'd rather have someone good.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gunners (especially those blocked illegally in the back) don't mean shit when your punter kicks a line drive that lands between the hashmarks.

I've never seen a team take so long to groom a guy that isn't really that good (Chrisman).... I mean, I've never read about another punter that the coaches had to teach how to hold for field goals for more than one season. Its a nice story to go from one Cincinnati kid to another at that position, but I'd rather have someone good.
You ain't wrong about that.

You NEVER, and I mean NEVER, kick a ball like he did - that's punting 101. Even if it goes out of bounds 10 yards sooner than where you kick it - you are better off....

I here the punt-god was cleared of charges...Bengals should make a run at him.....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFF now requires subscription for mock draft..... So, that will do it for their site.
Yep - saw that the other day - you can run rounds 1 and 2, but that's it and they don't "grade" the picks...

Oh well...fun while it lasted, but honestly kind of surprised it took this long. Though, I think a free simulator like that is likely to bring them more clicks, views, and maybe a few will sign up - better than completely restricting it which will drive those people away completely.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - saw that the other day - you can run rounds 1 and 2, but that's it and they don't "grade" the picks...

Oh well...fun while it lasted, but honestly kind of surprised it took this long. Though, I think a free simulator like that is likely to bring them more clicks, views, and maybe a few will sign up - better than completely restricting it which will drive those people away completely.
They've really just created a market for another site to grab..... Lots of folks like messing around with this sort of thing during this time of year. You don't really need a subscription model to make money - You just need page views to generate ad income. Overall, I've started growing skeptical of PFF - It's an interesting tool, but too many of their numbers require specific context to make any sense. And I don't think player grades would easily transfer from one team to another.... meaning, if you're hoping to figure out how well your new free agent is going to do on your team based on his old PFF grades, I think you'll be making a lot of assumptions.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a CBS mock that had Jaxon Smith-Njigba falling to t he Bengals and the Bengals selecting him to replace Boyd next year in the slot and to be the 4th WR this year. Wow. That would be crazy as shit to have all those weapons amassed on offense.

Burrow
Mixon
Chase
Higgins
Boyd
Smith-Njigba
Smith Jr.

Go empty backfield and have 5 weapons running routes like that from time to time? Sheet!

I know we have more pressing needs than WR, but if Jaxon falls to #28 as the #1 rated WR coming out this year, at least based on CBS's board, that would be nuts. We would have to consider that, right? Four other WR's left the board before Jaxon even though he was rated CBS's #1 WR prospect.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw a CBS mock that had Jaxon Smith-Njigba falling to t he Bengals and the Bengals selecting him to replace Boyd next year in the slot and to be the 4th WR this year. Wow. That would be crazy as shit to have all those weapons amassed on offense.

Burrow
Mixon
Chase
Higgins
Boyd
Smith-Njigba
Smith Jr.

Go empty backfield and have 5 weapons running routes like that from time to time? Sheet!

I know we have more pressing needs than WR, but if Jaxon falls to #28 as the #1 rated WR coming out this year, at least based on CBS's board, that would be nuts. We would have to consider that, right? Four other WR's left the board before Jaxon even though he was rated CBS's #1 WR prospect.
It would also hedge against losing Higgins. I know that's not the plan, but I think you have to at least be prepared.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Burrow
Mixon
Chase
Higgins
Boyd
Smith-Njigba
Smith Jr.

He's a better fit for the Bengals than many other teams. I think a lot of teams will shy away from selecting a slot receiver without top-end speed in the first round. But, given his reputation as a guy that can bust up zones in the middle of the field, he would be the perfect compliment to Higgins and Chase. Look at the AFC Championship game.... Once Boyd went out, the Chiefs basically doubled Chase and Higgins on the outside and made Hurst and Irwin win underneath and in the middle. They didn't win enough to sustain drives. I think JSN would be a guy that would make you come out of that type of D. And Burrow is definitely the type of QB that would be happy throwing it to him over the middle until the D made them stop.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd be surprised if JSN fell to the 20s let alone all the way to 28 but if he's there you have to make the pick. Burrow and Chase will likely be the highest paid players in the league at their position on the 2nd contract and Higgins will be top 5-10. If you keep all 3 that's the entire cap.

I like a pass catcher at 28, particularly a TE if a top one is still on the board