• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock Draft Fell Nicely

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of the same guys I've targeted, but again - I'm not sold on LaPorta....and you can get him later as well.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1678221289601.png

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I
Lot of the same guys I've targeted, but again - I'm not sold on LaPorta....and you can get him later as well.
Saw where LaPorta tested out real close to Kittle at the combine after coming out of TE U. I don't think LaPorta is dropping to us in the 3rd. Don't care if LaPorta falls if we land Meyer or Washington in the first. If we resign Hurst, I am not so concerned about TE anyways.

You imagine a Jawaan James at RT and Darnell Washington at TE right beside him?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I

Saw where LaPorta tested out real close to Kittle at the combine after coming out of TE U. I don't think LaPorta is dropping to us in the 3rd. Don't care if LaPorta falls if we land Meyer or Washington in the first. If we resign Hurst, I am not so concerned about TE anyways.

You imagine a Jawaan James at RT and Darnell Washington at TE right beside him?
My issue with LaPorta is the contested catch rate - it's not good. It's bad. Real bad. Considering how Burrow throws the ball, and the windows in which he can get the ball through - LaPorta would have to show a big improvement in that area and I'm not sure that you can "prove" that in a workout setting, etc... At the end of the day, I wouldn't hate the pick at all. I think he'll be pretty good. I also think that Whyle from UC can have just as good as, or even a better, career as LaPorta and he'll be there in round 3/4.

I would LOVE that. No issue with that at all...but Jawaan is about to get PAID....I mean, if the Bengals can swing it - I'm all for it. It's why doing the mock stuff before F/A is so tough because it's hard to see what direction the team will move in until Burrow/Higgins gets done.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fonzie-Ayyy-79950717427.jpg

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Mayer is there for me occasionally. I have targeted Dawand Jones, but then read that his weakness and where needs to improve is in vertical sets. He may not be a good fit.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is a really strong TE draft. 5 players with a good chance to go in the first 50 picks.
Mayer is the number 1 guy but I love Darnell Washington's upside.
Think we go TE with one of the first two picks after losing Hurst

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a really strong TE draft. 5 players with a good chance to go in the first 50 picks.
Mayer is the number 1 guy but I love Darnell Washington's upside.
Think we go TE with one of the first two picks after losing Hurst
And after signing Orlando Brown, I think we go TE with our first round pick. Meyer or Washington. If they are not available, probably go RT Jones from OSU and make that oline solid for next 4 years.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And after signing Orlando Brown, I think we go TE with our first round pick. Meyer or Washington. If they are not available, probably go RT Jones from OSU and make that oline solid for next 4 years.
yep. TE or if there's a good defensive playmaker that should have been picked. would be nice to secure starting TE though.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Kincaid from Utah is another option in late 1st/early 2nd territory.

Daniel Jeremiah has him ranked as his #1 TE. Undersized and not much of a blocker but he's probably the best pure pass catching TE in the draft. He looks like a freak WR in his highlight video

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kincaid from Utah is another option in late 1st/early 2nd territory.

Daniel Jeremiah has him ranked as his #1 TE. Undersized and not much of a blocker but he's probably the best pure pass catching TE in the draft. He looks like a freak WR in his highlight video
Not bad. Wouldn't mind a little better all around the though so we don't have to have a blocking the on short plays.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Meyer is going to be there.

Washington would be really nice if they had re-signed Hurst for 1 year...I want to have him spend a year showing he can catch the ball as it will be needed. Combine and Pro-days are nice, but there isn't a ton of film on him. Need to see more.

Kincaid is interesting - more of an Eifert clone - a guy you split out mostly...not much of a blocker and the Bengals do want their TE's to be able to block.

LaPorta would likely be there in round 2. After that, you have the kid from Michigan and UC that would likely be around the 4th round area.

Still need: CB, S, DT, DE and WR as well...

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not bad. Wouldn't mind a little better all around the though so we don't have to have a blocking the on short plays.

It's definitely a luxury pick but with a good pair of bookend tackles I'll roll with Kincaid and a serviceable FA blocking TE. I think he can be a Dallas Clark type player in this offense.

I wonder if the strength of TEs in this draft is depressing the FA/Trade market. Waller's had nagging injuries but he's an all pro caliber player on a reasonable contract and he was only traded for the 100th pick in the draft. Gesicki is an excellent pass catching TE and he's still on the market. Hope this isn't a sign teams are targeting TE in the 1st 2 rds

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care - I'm still beefing up the line. No clue if Carman is going to be OK at RT, or if Williams will be...or if Williams is, if he'll re-sign...let's get the future RT now and be set at both ends for the next 4-5 years.

1678978471193.png