• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB.com writer says McClendon is a perfect fit for the M's

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why I like to think we hired him, but I know it was by accident.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the hire, I just got irritated because he had the midas touch with every unconventional move he did for the first three quarters of the season and instead getting the wild card I feel his stubbornness led to them not making it.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the hire, I just got irritated because he had the midas touch with every unconventional move he did for the first three quarters of the season and instead getting the wild card I feel his stubbornness led to them not making it.

Mcclendon is a fool, his attitude and bias are part of why he will coach this team out of the playoffs.... again...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcclendon is a fool, his attitude and bias are part of why he will coach this team out of the playoffs.... again...

You should probably root for a different team because no matter what this team does, you will never by happy...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like McClendon a lot. Most of his decisions were sound last year, IMO. Believing it was luck is the same as believing in magic.

The comment about his being hired as an accident was hilarious, though.

phredmojo

Steak is for Taxpayers
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should probably root for a different team because no matter what this team does, you will never by happy...

Yea ok, so you think this team is a world beater all of a sudden? Last year WAS A FLUKE!!!!!!! What goddamn team have you been watching the last decade? theyll be lucky to sniff 500 at the all star break.

You better get used to hearing more "no hits, no runs and a man left on"

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea ok, so you think this team is a world beater all of a sudden? Last year WAS A FLUKE!!!!!!! What goddamn team have you been watching the last decade? theyll be lucky to sniff 500 at the all star break.

You better get used to hearing more "no hits, no runs and a man left on"

This I can partially agree with. The bullpen I think was a fluke, and some of his decisions were a fluke as they evened themselves out towards at the end of the season and I dislike the way he plays favorites in the media but I still think he is a good hire as he seemed to get the best out of the ragtage group of guys that nearly made the wildcard game.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to seriously doubt if Lloyd McClendon is worth his salt. He definitely does not know how to handle a pitching staff and his choices for lineups are looking more and more like he doesn't know how to fill out a lineup card either. He cost the Mariners a number of games last year and has helped lose a couple already this year.

Amirite?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am beginning to seriously doubt if Lloyd McClendon is worth his salt. He definitely does not know how to handle a pitching staff and his choices for lineups are looking more and more like he doesn't know how to fill out a lineup card either. He cost the Mariners a number of games last year and has helped lose a couple already this year.

Amirite?
Well you're not wrong.

It sickens me though how hardcore Lloyd is about the Lefty/Righty and visa versa match ups, plus if we Signed Cruz to be our DH why is he still being brought out in RF, no way Seth Smith's groin is still a problem and what even happened to Justin whatever his last name is? But of course none of that is the problem im just venting.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was his fault when they hit the 8 game skid last year and he was lauded for how he handled things the second half, mostly because they were winning a fair amount.

Fans claiming he sucks now is not unexpected. The team is struggling and fans are going to microanalyze everything he does (or doesn't do) that they feel adds to the misery.

How many of them will still be saying the same thing if the team gets on a roll?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was his fault when they hit the 8 game skid last year and he was lauded for how he handled things the second half, mostly because they were winning a fair amount.

Fans claiming he sucks now is not unexpected. The team is struggling and fans are going to microanalyze everything he does (or doesn't do) that they feel adds to the misery.

How many of them will still be saying the same thing if the team gets on a roll?

I can't remember fans at all complaining at all about him until September. I remember fans not understanding his moves but they were working.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember fans at all complaining at all about him until September. I remember fans not understanding his moves but they were working.

I was complaining last year, though in fairness to McClendon I have complained about all the Mariners managers since Sweet Lou. I've never been a huge fan of the way he handles the players, from his handling of the pitching staff, to his insistence of playing favorites. He reminds me a lot of my high school coach in the way he approaches player management (which isn't a compliment).