• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Bucket Draft Play-In Game : Smitty vs Ritzy

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got ritz, because of the platoon unfortunately... too bad, I would have had smitty if he had the one strong lineup...
Same here, if it had been the lineup posted on the chat page, I would have gone Smittty very close. Little things in tight matchups....

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt forget, I will vote if my vote is needed, why cant I ever be a stragler who votes after its 7 - 2?

Cuz everyone needs to vote some dick posted that j/k

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, and this is just my opinion but how do you jusitfy putting Hornsby 5th behind Fielder, makes no sense to me at all. I hate to say this but I dont have either of these teams in the top 3 but I gotta go Ritz here Hamilton should be batting 9th and the top 3 should be Cobb (I dont care if he didnt ever hit leadoff if he had he would still be one of the best hitters who ever lived) So order should be Cobb, Hornsby, Ruth that might have been the best 1-3 in the history of our mocks.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, and this is just my opinion but how do you jusitfy putting Hornsby 5th behind Fielder, makes no sense to me at all. I hate to say this but I dont have either of these teams in the top 3 but I gotta go Ritz here Hamilton should be batting 9th and the top 3 should be Cobb (I dont care if he didnt ever hit leadoff if he had he would still be one of the best hitters who ever lived) So order should be Cobb, Hornsby, Ruth that might have been the best 1-3 in the history of our mocks.

You listed how Smitty could have improved his team but what could I have done?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to bother voting.

Guys that vote against numbers prevent me from giving a fuck.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You listed how Smitty could have improved his team but what could I have done?

Drafted better? :pound:

Just playin gimme a minute, im pretty busy but ill post something.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drafted better? :pound:

Just playin gimme a minute, im pretty busy but ill post something.

Instead of me bitching about losing each draft, I should be asking what I could have done better. Milk normally lists what he thinks so I'm curious so I can improve.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is something I have to be honest I dont understand, people vote based on their opinions, we cant always just throw a fit because people dont have the same opinions as we do.

IMO the object of this isnt just to draft the best stats and hope it all comes together, IMO I try to put players together who would work together, doesn't usually work for me but... If Billy Hamilton is such a great leadoff hitter why isnt he always drafted? Why isnt he drafted ahead of Raines or Rickey his numbers crush theirs.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you do realize that vs righties Frank Thomas was .294/.410/.530 in 7630 PA

yes that is worse than Berkman's .304/.420/.575 in 5989 PA

But certainly not enough to rest him... Resting is baseball kryptonite...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd assume Billy Hamilton is seldom drafted on account of people being ignorant. It's what I've always assumed anyway.

No other reason that makes sense.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize that vs righties Frank Thomas was .294/.410/.530

yes that is worse than Berkman's .304/.420/.575

Why the fuck would I say look at the numbers if I didn't know Berkmans were better?

Why someone would want a superior situational hitter to sit over a big name guy is a better question....

Opinions that aren't based on anything of merit aren't of much value, imo.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize that vs righties Frank Thomas was .294/.410/.530 in 7630 PA

yes that is worse than Berkman's .304/.420/.575 in 5989 PA

How could I have made my team better milk?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is something I have to be honest I dont understand, people vote based on their opinions, we cant always just throw a fit because people dont have the same opinions as we do.

IMO the object of this isnt just to draft the best stats and hope it all comes together, IMO I try to put players together who would work together, doesn't usually work for me but... If Billy Hamilton is such a great leadoff hitter why isnt he always drafted? Why isnt he drafted ahead of Raines or Rickey his numbers crush theirs.
This is why I had the argument about not changing the voting method last with Milk, there's always going to be hurt feelings. First it was nobody explains their reasoning, then it's the reasoning isn't what you wanted to hear. I'm not knocking on Smittty, this is just about everyone, present company included at one point or another. All the teams are great, and this flawed system is the best one

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could I have made my team better milk?

first off, i would say your offense is the worst(or at least bottom 3) in this mock, you only have 2 good power hitters... Your rotation is disgustingly good, but the problem with it is that you have 3 pre 1920s players... we all have biases against that period of time, to have 3 of the all time greats there might just be too much... Not to mention, you know how i hate only having one lefty, 3 lefties for the whole pitching staff is too little IMO...

George brett was good enough defensively that having Brooks Robinson almost irrelevant.

I would almost say that i would rather start Duke snider than Shoeless for your team... add more power to the offense, and you have Roberto Alomar who would be good enough as a 2 hitter...

I think cal ripken was the wrong SS for your team too, he was good offensively but nothing special... Would have loved to see a better OBP guy to keep Alomar hitting 9th...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I had the argument about not changing the voting method last with Milk, there's always going to be hurt feelings. First it was nobody explains their reasoning, then it's the reasoning isn't what you wanted to hear. I'm not knocking on Smittty, this is just about everyone, present company included at one point or another. All the teams are great, and this flawed system is the best one
It'd be nice if people took five minutes to look at numbers, or anything, something, before spewing nonsense.

Hard to argue with guys that want inferior numbers over superior ones in a lineup. Scratch that, it's not hard, its a waste of time.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd assume Billy Hamilton is seldom drafted on account of people being ignorant. It's what I've always assumed anyway.

No other reason that makes sense.

Fair enough, but when you hear baseball people talk about the greatest leadoff hitters of all time, why isn't Hamilton the first name out of their mouths? Could it be the level of competition and the era in which he played? If we just went on numbers alone half of everyones team should be pre 1920's players.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck would I say look at the numbers if I didn't know Berkmans were better?

Why someone would want a superior situational hitter to sit over a big name guy is a better question....

Opinions that aren't based on anything of merit aren't of much value, imo.

but the point is that it is not significantly better... In fact ratio stats get worse the more you play, so if berkman played as long as Thomas did the numbers would be even less significant and likely not even noticeable...

And again, resting players in baseball is one of the last things you want to do, baseball is a game of rhythm, why mess with it??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but when you hear baseball people talk about the greatest leadoff hitters of all time, why isn't Hamilton the first name out of their mouths? Could it be the level of competition and the era in which he played? If we just went on numbers alone half of everyones team should be pre 1920's players.

I actually started a thread a while back in the baseball board saying Billy Hamilton is the best speedster of all time... He certainly is one...