• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred, you get tied up in your underwear trying to build up Minnesota. The reason they don't get a good bowl game is that sponsors know that few people other than you care to watch Minnesota in January (or go there for that matter).

This is true. Minnesota has not produced football teams worth watching (either in the stands or on TV).

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've had under 45,000 attendance for some of your games this year. Oregon had about that many just show up for their spring game.
Well, Oregon is a state full of knuckle dragging low intelligence neanderthals, so why would it matter to them if their team finished out last year going 1-3, being embarrassed in all 3 losses?

What else did they have to do last spring? Ducks bb team sucked, Oregon is too lame to have a hockey program, OSU is the one with the decent Baseball program, and the months of continuous rioting was over and child slave labor king uncle Phil probably paid half of them to be there, seeing as he has no principles or morals.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Oregon is a state full of knuckle dragging low intelligence neanderthals, so why would it matter to them if their team finished out last year going 1-3, being embarrassed in all 3 losses?

What else did they have to do last spring? Ducks bb team sucked, Oregon is too lame to have a hockey program, OSU is the one with the decent Baseball program, and the months of continuous rioting was over and child slave labor king uncle Phil probably paid half of them to be there, seeing as he has no principles or morals.

That's a lot of words to explain why Minnesota fans (or lack thereof) care less about its regular season games than Oregon does about scrimmages.

It just means more out here.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will disappear just like he did last basketball season. Minnesota has a tough time competing in modern day sports. Here comes a hockey reference in 3 2 1……
I didn't disappear, I simply moved on to talking about our Frozen Four bound hockey team. Did your Ducks make it to any Final Fours last year? And our bb team had a new coach in his first year with almost an entirely new roster, with super low expectations for the season that he WAY exceeded!!!

UMn's men's hockey program has dominated their sport for the last half century!!!

And Minnesota did fine owning the wrestling scene for a decade from 1998 to 2007.

Minnesota also did pretty good in Men's golf for that same decade. I'd be surprised if more than 4 other programs did better.

Minnesota's women's hockey program has also dominated their sport from 2000 to the present. Yes, they are currently undefeated and ranked #1 in the nation.

Minnesota's Dance program has won NINETEEN, yeah 19, over a dozen and a half, Natl Titles in the 21st Century. No other program comes close. Cincy has won 5. OSU has won at least 2, probably more?

Minnesota's Solar Rayce program just won the biggest race in the nation and is among the top 2-3 programs in the nation of all-time.

Minnesota bb just got a 5th and 6th person into the Naismith BB HOF and is close to regaining their spot among the top ten of producers of NBA players.

Minnesota VB ranks 6th best in the nation in the 21st century.

Minnesota Football has won 5 straight bowl games and just qualified for another. This could be their 3rd straight non-covid affected season in a row with at least 9 wins.

Minnesota ranks Top 25, all-time in the Sears Director's Cup rankings.

Seems to me that Minnesota has done just fine in "modern day sports". And they did all that without a child slave labor king trying to buy them success at the expense of their souls.

Last edited:

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a lot of words to explain why Minnesota fans (or lack thereof) care less about its regular season games than Oregon does about scrimmages.

It just means more out here.
It's all you got, and you all went so long, basically your entire history, without any success, like a little kid on Halloween you can't get enough and you will do anything to get more, even support child slave labor. Be proud

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota's Dance program has won NINETEEN, yeah 19, over a dozen and a half, Natl Titles in the 21st Century. No other program comes close. Cincy has won 5. OSU has won at least 2, probably more?

No one cares about the Minnesota "Dance" team.

:lol::lol::lol:

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all you got, and you all went so long, basically your entire history, without any success, like a little kid on Halloween you can't get enough and you will do anything to get more, even support child slave labor. Be proud

Yes...we got quality football...something you will never know about.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...we got quality football...something you will never know about.
UMn has won almost the same # of games as Oregon has over the last several years.

And "something I will never know about"? UMn's actually won a Natl Title in football. Has Oregon?

I didn't think so.

And I've witnessed several National title games that my Gopher's have been in and actually won, and a Miracle on Ice my Gopher's had the biggest hand in bringing about.

My other team has won several titles in both Football and Hockey as well, and leads the nation in Hobey Baker winners with 6 to UMn's 4, tying them for 2nd.

I've watched several movies highlighting the accomplishments of lots of former UMners and also a UMDer, too. From Top Gun:Maverick, to Miracle, to Rudy, to The Right Stuff, the original Top Gun, movies about the Civil Rights movement and many of the sci-fi movies out there have a heavy UMn flavor to them in some way or another as well.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in your lifetime.

:dhd:
Oregon hasn't won a cfb Natl Title in anyone's lifetime, dumbass.

Better to be a Has been than a Never been.

Better to read about the NINE seasons the Gophers have been named Natl Champs than to watch my team lose in their one and only chance to win one.

Every single time I watch a home game I see those banners hanging in the stadium.

And I've personally been able to enjoy watching teams I follow win TWENTY, yes I said 20, Natl Titles in football and hockey. So that does not include golf or Dance.

Oregon fans can't claim even once witnessing such, unless you also cheer for Oregon State baseball, I suppose?

And I've witnessed my team finish 2nd plenty of times and know how that feels, so no way you can convince me it's better to watch your team finish 2nd than to read about finishing 1st.

An outsider can claim they are more impressed with witnessing or reading about a recent 2nd place finish than reading about a title won long ago, but that's because everyone has different tastes. Science shows people's brains actually work vastly differently. Some people are programmed to always vote Democrat for example while others will always vote Republican.

As kind of a Vikings fan, maybe more of a recovering former Vikings fan, I know the frustration that comes with never finishing first, so I KNOW, I've been in your situation, you've NEVER been in mine, lol. Sucks to be you!!!

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Thou shall not bear false witness against your neighbor"

You have basically no evidence to back up such an outrageous accusation. ONE single player made that claim while AT LEAST one of his ISU teammates refuted it, claiming UMn players were not at all responsible.

You simply WANT to believe it. Let me guess, you are a Democrat, too, aren't you?
Except for the dead black guy.
Minnesota is a shit program.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how he keeps putting down Oregon over some foreign child labor crap with Nike. Who gives a shit what some third world country forces there children to do? I sure as fuck don't, keep making my Nikes you little brats. Besides in the long run the child labor might be a good thing as it will keep them out of their piss infested watering holes catching dysentary or malaria. If you think about it, Nike is doing them a favor, they are like Mother Teresa or Ghandi.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WAS...

was the largest in the world. You people struggle with the whole comprehending the difference between past tense and present tense don'tcha?

And yes, SPAM, and the most Fortune 500 companies per Capita in the nation for the state, Twin Cities was the #1 information economy in the world last I checked. UMn was ranked 4th in the nation in producing startup companies.

UMn produces Nobel prize winners, 3rd most in the B1G while Iowa has produced NONE!!! Only B1G school that hasn't, and even worse it hasn't even tried or been smart enough to hire any, either. Or maybe it tries but nobody wants to move to friggin Iowa?

Minnesota produced as many Olympic Gold Medalists in one year as Iowa has in all of it's history.

Oh, and did I mention, Iowa has ZERO recognized Natl Titles in football? lol

Only single digit cfb HOF players.

ZERO top 5 eos finishes since UMn pummeled them in 1960.
Minnesota's 6 wins this year have come against opponents who have a combined record of 17-38, non conference opponents are 4-22.

Yeah, that screams of a program on the rise

Shit team, shit stadium, limited fans, and a clown coach... But Spam!!!!!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota's 6 wins this year have come against opponents who have a combined record of 17-38, non conference opponents are 4-22.

Yeah, that screams of a program on the rise

Shit team, shit stadium, limited fans, and a clown coach... But Spam!!!!!
I see you must be including FCS teams? lol

Because looking at only FBS teams, Minnesota has beaten teams with a combined record of 17-29, while Iowa's is 12-24. Minny hasn't lost to any teams with a losing record yet, Iowa has.

But Iowa STILL hasn't finished in the Top 6 since 1960, nor have they even come close to winning a Rose Bowl in that time, losing 4 of them by a combined score of 78-164???

Iowa STILL has

FEWER 1st team all-americans than UMn,
FEWER Consensus all-americans than UMn,
FEWER college hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER cfl hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER NFL hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER wins in the heads up vs UMn,
FEWER Top 6 finishes since 1960 when UMn pummeled your Hawkeyes.

Fleck has a much better pre-B1G coaching record than Ferentz.

30-22 vs 12-21.

Fleck has a much better first 5 non-covid affected season start in the B1G than Ferentz.

38-22 record so far to 32-29 final for Ferentz.

And Fleck didn't retain his racist son on staff after Ferentz's son got accused of being a racist. This racism apparently went on for a while at Iowa and Ferentz fired a coach over it, but not his racist son. And where do sons learn to be racist? From their racist fathers.

Iowa is a shit program in a shit podunk state with lots of fans sure, bunch of hillbilly wannabes as there are no hills in corncowpileland, a racist coaching staff, and wrassling.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you must be including FCS teams? lol

Because looking at only FBS teams, Minnesota has beaten teams with a combined record of 17-29, while Iowa's is 12-24. Minny hasn't lost to any teams with a losing record yet, Iowa has.

But Iowa STILL hasn't finished in the Top 6 since 1960, nor have they even come close to winning a Rose Bowl in that time, losing 4 of them by a combined score of 78-164???

Iowa STILL has

FEWER 1st team all-americans than UMn,
FEWER Consensus all-americans than UMn,
FEWER college hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER cfl hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER NFL hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER wins in the heads up vs UMn,
FEWER Top 6 finishes since 1960 when UMn pummeled your Hawkeyes.

Fleck has a much better pre-B1G coaching record than Ferentz.

30-22 vs 12-21.

Fleck has a much better first 5 non-covid affected season start in the B1G than Ferentz.

38-22 record so far to 32-29 final for Ferentz.

And Fleck didn't retain his racist son on staff after Ferentz's son got accused of being a racist. This racism apparently went on for a while at Iowa and Ferentz fired a coach over it, but not his racist son. And where do sons learn to be racist? From their racist fathers.

Iowa is a shit program in a shit podunk state with lots of fans sure, bunch of hillbilly wannabes as there are no hills in corncowpileland, a racist coaching staff, and wrassling.
You keep answering with whataboutisms of other peoples teams but the fact is Iowa isn't the topic of this thread. Minnesota is, so stay on topic.