• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep answering with whataboutisms of other peoples teams but the fact is Iowa isn't the topic of this thread. Minnesota is, so stay on topic.
There was no "whataboutisms" in that post.

Minnesota= Inventors of the 4 man backfield, the offensive shift, cheerleading, SPAM, post-it notes, nerf football and the internet.

Indiana? The k k k maybe?

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can put this thread to bed. The dream is over. Not only does Minnesota NOT rule the world of college football, they barely ruled the field against the worst Nebraska team since 1957.
Mo Ibrahim should have gone to a good program. Such a waste of talent.
Minnesota does produce great offensive linemen and running backs. We sure as shit don't rule the world of football but scouts do pay attention to the gophers in that regard.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no "whataboutisms" in that post.

Minnesota= Inventors of the 4 man backfield, the offensive shift, cheerleading, SPAM, post-it notes, nerf football and the internet.

Indiana? The k k k maybe?
You just did it again, no one brought up Indiana but you. Whataboutisms abound? In the post I quoted you started bringing up Iowa. Iowa is not the topic of the thread. You have done it all throughout this board whether it is Oregon, Florida State, or whatever other college you bring up. The topic is Minnesota, and how irrelevant they are. No others mentions of other colleges matter.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you must be including FCS teams? lol

Because looking at only FBS teams, Minnesota has beaten teams with a combined record of 17-29, while Iowa's is 12-24. Minny hasn't lost to any teams with a losing record yet, Iowa has.

But Iowa STILL hasn't finished in the Top 6 since 1960, nor have they even come close to winning a Rose Bowl in that time, losing 4 of them by a combined score of 78-164???

Iowa STILL has

FEWER 1st team all-americans than UMn,
FEWER Consensus all-americans than UMn,
FEWER college hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER cfl hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER NFL hall of famers than UMn,
FEWER wins in the heads up vs UMn,
FEWER Top 6 finishes since 1960 when UMn pummeled your Hawkeyes.

Fleck has a much better pre-B1G coaching record than Ferentz.

30-22 vs 12-21.

Fleck has a much better first 5 non-covid affected season start in the B1G than Ferentz.

38-22 record so far to 32-29 final for Ferentz.

And Fleck didn't retain his racist son on staff after Ferentz's son got accused of being a racist. This racism apparently went on for a while at Iowa and Ferentz fired a coach over it, but not his racist son. And where do sons learn to be racist? From their racist fathers.

Iowa is a shit program in a shit podunk state with lots of fans sure, bunch of hillbilly wannabes as there are no hills in corncowpileland, a racist coaching staff, and wrassling.
WTF?

None of this matters. In my 48 years on this planet....Minnesota has been nothing but a shit team, with a shit stadium, with a limited fan base, and dozens of shit coaches

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an amazing time of the year for a Gopher sports fan.

#1 - excited to watch the Gopher fb team go for it's 3rd win in a row tomorrow.

#2 - got to listen to the #1 ranked women's hockey team play on Monday.

#3 - got to listen to the #1 ranked men's hockey team play last night and tonight.

#4 - Am listening to the end of the Gopher Men's bb team's 2nd game and 2nd win, an 18 pt win. I think 4 scored in double figures with at least 6 scoring at least 8, including the freshmen scoring 40 points combined.

#5 - will switch to the men's hockey game while checking out how the Top Ten ranked women's volleyball team is doing. The VB team also plays on Sunday and I will get to watch that game.

#6 - will figure out when the women's bb team with it's Top Ten ranked class of frosh is playing in hopes I get to watch them, too.

#7 - The women's CC team may not finish #6 in the nation this year, as they graduated many of their best runners, but 5 of their runners ran their personal bests in today's Regional meet and as a whole are very young with a frosh leading the way with a 12th place finish.

#8 - the women's swim and dive team's probably in action and I am interested to see if our top Diver sweeps again for the 3rd or 4th weekend in a row. Continuing UMn's Dive U reputation.

#9 - UMn's Wrestling team may be starting up this weekend and should be ranked Top Ten.

#10 - UMn's women's Gymnastics team might also be starting up this weekend and have been doing well lately. Might rank Top Ten as well?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#3 - got to listen to the #1 ranked men's hockey team play last night and tonight.

Best part of watching this #1 ranked men's hockey team is that it's dominated by frosh phenoms and Sophomores

and

Tonight is their 10th game in a row playing a Top 12 ranked team.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part of watching this #1 ranked men's hockey team is that it's dominated by frosh phenoms and Sophomores

and

Tonight is their 10th game in a row playing a Top 12 ranked team.

Take it to the hockey forum, chump.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they lose 3 in a row?
Yes, they did.

Oregon's last 2 of last year and first game of this year.

Oregon losing 4 of 5 by HUGE margins is more embarrassing than UMn losing 3 in a row, not all by HUGE margins, following several wins in a row and followed by several wins in a row.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must suck to be a fan of a team/school (Oregon) that historically sucked so bad at everything that it had to sell it's soul to a child slave labor king and all you got in return is a top notch practice facility and running natties, a sport almost no one gives a shit about.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota does produce great offensive linemen and running backs. We sure as shit don't rule the world of football but scouts do pay attention to the gophers in that regard.
Barber and Maroney? Who else am I missing? Thompson was a stud, but dud as a pro. Ibraham may be good. I maybe missing some, not sure.

I'm saying in the modern era, not Fred's that goes back to 19 aught 2.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently MN has two OL's in the NFL, never heard of either. No idea if they are starters or practice squad. Not 1 RB.

By position LB is probably the biggest currently have 5, not familiar with any of them.

Most notable player is either Bateman or Winfield.

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ losing 3 in a row.
Good chance at finishing their last 3, 1-2
for a record of 7-5

but hey....Spam

Oh and next year OSU and Michigan are on the schedule, back to below .500 and probably another coaching change

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an amazing time of the year for a Gopher sports fan.

#1 - excited to watch the Gopher fb team go for it's 3rd win in a row tomorrow.

#2 - got to listen to the #1 ranked women's hockey team play on Monday.

#4 - Am listening to the end of the Gopher Men's bb team's 2nd game and 2nd win, an 18 pt win. I think 4 scored in double figures with at least 6 scoring at least 8, including the freshmen scoring 40 points combined.

#5 - will switch to the men's hockey game while checking out how the Top Ten ranked women's volleyball team is doing. The VB team also plays on Sunday and I will get to watch that game.

#6 - will figure out when the women's bb team with it's Top Ten ranked class of frosh is playing in hopes I get to watch them, too.

#7 - The women's CC team may not finish #6 in the nation this year, as they graduated many of their best runners, but 5 of their runners ran their personal bests in today's Regional meet and as a whole are very young with a frosh leading the way with a 12th place finish.

#8 - the women's swim and dive team's probably in action and I am interested to see if our top Diver sweeps again for the 3rd or 4th weekend in a row. Continuing UMn's Dive U reputation.

#9 - UMn's Wrestling team may be starting up this weekend and should be ranked Top Ten.

#10 - UMn's women's Gymnastics team might also be starting up this weekend and have been doing well lately. Might rank Top Ten as well?
#1 Rutgers, Nebraska, and Northwestern, the who's who of CFB. 4-14 in the Big10
#2 No one gives a fuck about Womens Hockey
#3 Men's hockey could be legit, I raised to boys playing hock in MN, so I've become a casual fan
#4 They survived Western Michigan by 1. Yikes
#5 No one outside of Neb fans care about Womens VB, and the only reason they care is because the FB team also sucks
#6 Girls hoop team is unranked. Iowa is #4 btw
#7 No one gives a fuck
#8 No one gives a fuck
#9 MN #12, Iowa #2
#10 No one gives a fuck

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance at finishing their last 3, 1-2
for a record of 7-5

but hey....Spam

Oh and next year OSU and Michigan are on the schedule, back to below .500 and probably another coaching change
UMn has higher standards than Iowa?

Iowa kept their coach despite a crappy start,

several crappy seasons in-between a few good seasons,

never winning a Rose Bowl,

losing 5 straight bowl games,

firing an assistant coach for being a racist pos,

keeping his son on staff despite his son also being implicated as a racist pos,

not taking responsibility and stepping down for reigning over a racist program that had this problem for several years?

And it's his son. Where do you think he learned his racism from? Most times it's learned from the father.

But yeah, UMn has much higher standards than Iowa

HawkFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn has higher standards than Iowa?

Iowa kept their coach despite a crappy start,

several crappy seasons in-between a few good seasons,

never winning a Rose Bowl,

losing 5 straight bowl games,

firing an assistant coach for being a racist pos,

keeping his son on staff despite his son also being implicated as a racist pos,

not taking responsibility and stepping down for reigning over a racist program that had this problem for several years?

And it's his son. Where do you think he learned his racism from? Most times it's learned from the father.

But yeah, UMn has much higher standards than Iowa
"UMn has higher standards than Iowa?"

How's that working out for ya?

In the last 61 years MN has been to 22 bowl games. Ferentz has been to 18 in the last 22 years.

But hey, maybe your next coach will be the "One"

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Rutgers, Nebraska, and Northwestern, the who's who of CFB. 4-14 in the Big10
#2 No one gives a fuck about Womens Hockey
#3 Men's hockey could be legit, I raised to boys playing hock in MN, so I've become a casual fan
#4 They survived Western Michigan by 1. Yikes
#5 No one outside of Neb fans care about Womens VB, and the only reason they care is because the FB team also sucks
#6 Girls hoop team is unranked. Iowa is #4 btw
#7 No one gives a fuck
#8 No one gives a fuck
#9 MN #12, Iowa #2
#10 No one gives a fuck
#6 - Girl's hoops team is full of untested frosh. Of course they are going to be unranked this early. #4, eh? Has Iowa women's bb ever gotten to a FF? UMn has.

#2, #5, #7, #8, #10 - and you think a ton of people care about the ONE AND ONLY sport Iowa has ever been good at? lol

#9 - Iowa's good at wrassling? WOW, go figure.

UMn dominates BOTH men's and women's hockey, Dance, has done quite well at men's golf, women's VB, has been Dive U this century,

AND,

was the #1 wrestling program in the nation for a decade semi-recently

AND...

has been Heavyweight U the last quarter of a century basically in Iowa's only sport.

Iowa can't claim anything near significant in any other sport than wrassling, much lessuchnof anything that actually matters in real life.

But hey, Iowa's been at least barely better than a Gopher fb program that was abandoned by it's administration for almost 4 full decades, congrats. When you have no standards and keep a mediocre racist coach, you can be proud of your favorite program being the racist pos losers that they've been and the lack of a single Top 6 finish since 1960, I suppose if you are also a racist pos I guess?