• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota did produce the greatest Football Coach in the history of the game.
I'll let you guess who that was

<<<<<Hint<<<<<<

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Minnesota even gets close to the pedigree that Florida State has in college football in a much shorter time frame mind you, then you can speak, until then, STFU. You prove your ignorance but calling us Felon U, that's cute. It's football, winning is all that matters princess.

Is it FSU's having 4 fewer Natl Titles than Minnesota that makes you think Minnesota isn't even close to FSU's pedigree?

Is it FSU's having only 4 Top 3 Heisman vote getters to UMn's 6? Both have had 11 Top 7 vote getters.
Maybe it's FSU's having only 1 CFL HOFer while UMn has at least twice that many. UMners have won at least 8 CFL Grey Cup titles as Head Coaches of CFL teams.

Or maybe it's FSU's having fewer Pro HOFers than Minnesota that makes you think UMn's pedigree isn't even close to FSU's?

Is it FSU's having only 8 cfb Hall of Famers to UMn's 20 that makes you think UMn isn't even close to FSU's pedigree?
FSU claims Mudra as one of it's 2 HOF coaches, so I guess that means UMn can claim Lou Holtz and Fritz Crisler along with Henry Williams and Bernie Bierman for FOUR HOF coaches to FSU's 2. That's not counting the 4 former Gophers who made the HOF as coaches at other schools. UMn's a better cradle of coaches than THE Cradle of Coaches Miami of Ohio, but why would an FSU fan care about anything but winning, because that's the university's mission, right? To produce winning teams, not to educate the players?

Talking about education, is it FSU's not producing one single solitary Nobel Laureate that impresses you so much? UMn's produced 10. Very few universities have produced more. I looked at FSU's academic rankings and got a good chuckle.

Back to sports, if you think winning is all that matters, then FSU's 0-3 record in CWS Title games compared to UMn's 3-0 record means...?

Most important, Civil Rights, FSU didn't admit a black student until 1962? They didn't have a black football player until 1968??? Holy Racists man, is that the pedigree you are talking about?

UMn had the first black football player in the B1G back in 1903 or 1904. UMn had the first black AA at QB in 1960. UMn produced the first black pro player. UMn produced the Leader of the NAACP during the height of the Civil Rights Movement. UMn produced the two politicians most responsible for the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Back to football,

Has FSU won any Outland Awards? UMn's won THREE of them. Yes, I know, FSU players have won more Individual Awards than Gophers have, but that is because there are dozens upon dozens of individual awards given out now, back when the Gophers dominated football, there weren't very many at all. But all those players in the cfb Hall of Fame says plenty about the quality of players UMn produced. Also having produced THE MOST NFL All-Decade Team members as of the All-2000s team, also says a lot.

A Natl Title Trophy was named after Gopher Coach Henry Williams, and the Gophers almost retired that Trophy until WW2 ended their Dynasty.
A Defensive Player of the Year Award is named after a Gopher and at least one Gopher has won that award.
A Coach of the Year Award is named after a Gopher.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<<<<<Hint<<<<<<
Doesn't he own the all time longest winning streak or something like that? How many games was that, 46 maybe, 48? ;)

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

<<<<<Hint<<<<<<
39 game win streak = former Gopher Gil Dobie @ Washington
31 game win streak = former Gopher Bud Wilkinson @ Oklahoma
28 game win streak = former Gopher Biggie Munn @ Michigan State
26 game win streak = former Gopher Gil Dobie @ Cornell
21 game win streak = former Gopher Bernie Bierman @ Minnesota
18 game win streak = former Gopher Bernie Bierman @ Tulane
18 game win streak = former Gopher Bernie Bierman @ Minnesota
15 game win streak = former Gopher Jesse Hawley @ Dartmouth

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when Minnesota even gets close to the pedigree that Florida State has in college football in a much shorter time frame mind you, then you can speak, until then, STFU.

I looked up the olympians each school has produced. lol UMn is nearing Top Ten status, while FSU was listed way down in the "other universities" section with just single digit # of olympian medalists. UMn produced as many olympic medalists, ALL Gold medalists, in one win over Finland, as FSU has in all of it's history.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked up the olympians each school has produced. lol UMn is nearing Top Ten status, while FSU was listed way down in the "other universities" section with just single digit # of olympian medalists. UMn produced as many olympic medalists, ALL Gold medalists, in one win over Finland, as FSU has in all of it's history.
Again, in both posts you pull up irrelevent bullshit and non football sports. I don't give a fuck about the College World Series in a thread about college football. I don't care about their academics. I don't care about their Heisman winners. I care that we have at least won a National Championship this decade. And two more in the 2 decades before that. You have to reach all the way back to pre indoor plumbing in the state of Minnesota for yours. Minnesota prestige is no where near that of Florida State when it comes to COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it FSU's having 4 fewer Natl Titles than Minnesota that makes you think Minnesota isn't even close to FSU's pedigree?

Is it FSU's having only 4 Top 3 Heisman vote getters to UMn's 6? Both have had 11 Top 7 vote getters.
Maybe it's FSU's having only 1 CFL HOFer while UMn has at least twice that many. UMners have won at least 8 CFL Grey Cup titles as Head Coaches of CFL teams.

Or maybe it's FSU's having fewer Pro HOFers than Minnesota that makes you think UMn's pedigree isn't even close to FSU's?

Is it FSU's having only 8 cfb Hall of Famers to UMn's 20 that makes you think UMn isn't even close to FSU's pedigree?
FSU claims Mudra as one of it's 2 HOF coaches, so I guess that means UMn can claim Lou Holtz and Fritz Crisler along with Henry Williams and Bernie Bierman for FOUR HOF coaches to FSU's 2. That's not counting the 4 former Gophers who made the HOF as coaches at other schools. UMn's a better cradle of coaches than THE Cradle of Coaches Miami of Ohio, but why would an FSU fan care about anything but winning, because that's the university's mission, right? To produce winning teams, not to educate the players?

Talking about education, is it FSU's not producing one single solitary Nobel Laureate that impresses you so much? UMn's produced 10. Very few universities have produced more. I looked at FSU's academic rankings and got a good chuckle.

Back to sports, if you think winning is all that matters, then FSU's 0-3 record in CWS Title games compared to UMn's 3-0 record means...?

Most important, Civil Rights, FSU didn't admit a black student until 1962? They didn't have a black football player until 1968??? Holy Racists man, is that the pedigree you are talking about?

UMn had the first black football player in the B1G back in 1903 or 1904. UMn had the first black AA at QB in 1960. UMn produced the first black pro player. UMn produced the Leader of the NAACP during the height of the Civil Rights Movement. UMn produced the two politicians most responsible for the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Back to football,

Has FSU won any Outland Awards? UMn's won THREE of them. Yes, I know, FSU players have won more Individual Awards than Gophers have, but that is because there are dozens upon dozens of individual awards given out now, back when the Gophers dominated football, there weren't very many at all. But all those players in the cfb Hall of Fame says plenty about the quality of players UMn produced. Also having produced THE MOST NFL All-Decade Team members as of the All-2000s team, also says a lot.

A Natl Title Trophy was named after Gopher Coach Henry Williams, and the Gophers almost retired that Trophy until WW2 ended their Dynasty.
A Defensive Player of the Year Award is named after a Gopher and at least one Gopher has won that award.
A Coach of the Year Award is named after a Gopher.

Holy shit you might be the dumbest person of all time..

Florida State didn't field teams consistently until the 1940s, Minnesota has won ONE championship since Florida State started fielding a team.

Your dumbass argument ends right there. You want to tout all of these counting stats and numbers but fail to realize that Minnesota has played upwards of 50-60 more seasons and since 1947 when Florida State ACTUALLY started playing football, they have 3 national championships, all in BCS ERA, to Minnesota's 1, where they lost their bowl game and finished with 2 losses.. oh yeah and it was in 1960, over 60 years ago now.

Heisman WINNERS, not vote getters or some other dumbass stat you cherry pick. Florida State- 3 Minnesota- 1... again before Florida State even fielded football so that's a win right there.

Weeks spent in the AP poll: Florida State- 561, Minnesota- 175

All time winning percentage: Florida State- .664, Minnesota- .572

Consensus All Americans: Florida State- 45, Minnesota- 34

Weeks at #1 in the AP Poll: Florida State- 72, Minnesota- a lowly 18

First round draft picks: Florida State- 46, Minnesota- 18

Bowl Games: Florida State- 47, Minnesota- 22

There's some real stats for you. And Florida State is better than Minnesota in each one.

Here I'll throw you a bone so you can see that I'll give unbiased numbers. Claimed National Championships: Florida State- 3, Minnesota- 7

Take out every year before 1947 and it's just embarrassing if you try to compare the two teams.

Now sit down and shut the hell up

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, in both posts you pull up irrelevent bullshit and non football sports. I don't give a fuck about the College World Series in a thread about college football. I don't care about their academics. I don't care about their Heisman winners. I care that we have at least won a National Championship this decade. And two more in the 2 decades before that. You have to reach all the way back to pre indoor plumbing in the state of Minnesota for yours. Minnesota prestige is no where near that of Florida State when it comes to COLLEGE FOOTBALL.

Yes, Minnesota college football fell off the map completely for 30 years, almost completely for 50 years, and it's taking a while to build back up, but still UMn's won 8 more games than FSU since Fleck started coaching the Gophers.

48-30 > 40-39

And Minnesota's reason for de-emphasizing football(caring more about academics and their research rankings) compared to FSU's win at all costs attitude says a ton. UMn has thrived as an Academic institution since WW2, while FSU has gone from being a women only school to one of the biggest black hating Racist schools in the nation to Felon U and now to sucks worse than Minnesota U, maybe? lol

That is what I heard them referred to back in the day, Felon U. And after that, go figure, FSU had to have wins from 2 different seasons stripped from them for an academic scandal and I'm sure they had to fire Bowden, right?

Now UMn is working hard to make up for all the ground they lost those 40 years that they didn't care about football and had the Gophers playing in the MetroDump, and we've surpassed FSU now since Fleck has arrived, and there is no sign of that changing, at least not this season.

Prestige is nice, but it's not a guarantee of anything. Look at Nebraska and Colorado, as two examples of programs that have completely fallen out and lost their Blue Blood status. Another decade of doing what FSU has been doing the last 6 years and they will be the next Nebraska/Colorado. Minnesota could become the next Clemson at the rate they are going. Might take a few more years for Fleck to get them to the cfp than it took Dabo because Fleck's recruiting is different than Dabo's. Not sure if he'll ever be able to match Dabo's recruiting class rankings, but Fleck's approach will most likely provide more in the way of the program being both scandal free and continuing to do well in the classroom. They ranked as high as 4th in the APR ratings recently. Over time the overall talent level and most importantly, the depth of talent will improve and could prove to be just as impactful as a roster full of 5 stars. We'll just have to wait to see.

Meanwhile, while FSU is sucking worse than Minnesota on the football field in the Fleck Era, Minnesota is continuing to influence the world we all occupy in tons of positive ways, and FSU is not. The world is crumbling around us, WW3 is possible, including Nuclear engagements, and you think all that matters is college football???

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Minnesota college football fell off the map completely for 30 years, almost completely for 50 years, and it's taking a while to build back up, but still UMn's won 8 more games than FSU since Fleck started coaching the Gophers.

48-30 > 40-39

And Minnesota's reason for de-emphasizing football(caring more about academics and their research rankings) compared to FSU's win at all costs attitude says a ton. UMn has thrived as an Academic institution since WW2, while FSU has gone from being a women only school to one of the biggest black hating Racist schools in the nation to Felon U and now to sucks worse than Minnesota U, maybe? lol

That is what I heard them referred to back in the day, Felon U. And after that, go figure, FSU had to have wins from 2 different seasons stripped from them for an academic scandal and I'm sure they had to fire Bowden, right?

Now UMn is working hard to make up for all the ground they lost those 40 years that they didn't care about football and had the Gophers playing in the MetroDump, and we've surpassed FSU now since Fleck has arrived, and there is no sign of that changing, at least not this season.

Prestige is nice, but it's not a guarantee of anything. Look at Nebraska and Colorado, as two examples of programs that have completely fallen out and lost their Blue Blood status. Another decade of doing what FSU has been doing the last 6 years and they will be the next Nebraska/Colorado. Minnesota could become the next Clemson at the rate they are going. Might take a few more years for Fleck to get them to the cfp than it took Dabo because Fleck's recruiting is different than Dabo's. Not sure if he'll ever be able to match Dabo's recruiting class rankings, but Fleck's approach will most likely provide more in the way of the program being both scandal free and continuing to do well in the classroom. They ranked as high as 4th in the APR ratings recently. Over time the overall talent level and most importantly, the depth of talent will improve and could prove to be just as impactful as a roster full of 5 stars. We'll just have to wait to see.

Meanwhile, while FSU is sucking worse than Minnesota on the football field in the Fleck Era, Minnesota is continuing to influence the world we all occupy in tons of positive ways, and FSU is not. The world is crumbling around us, WW3 is possible, including Nuclear engagements, and you think all that matters is college football???
Your pearl clutching is noted. Drama queen much, bringing up a possible Nuclear war or WW3 in a thread about COLLEGE FOOTBALL. If you wanna talk about contributions to the world or wars that will never happen then start a post in the politics forum. You are simply pulling shit out of your ass because you have nothing to back up your football claim in the title. So post irrelevent crap that makes Minnesota look like less of the irrelevent, snow covered shithole that it actually is.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit you might be the dumbest person of all time..

Florida State didn't field teams consistently until the 1940s, Minnesota has won ONE championship since Florida State started fielding a team.

Your dumbass argument ends right there. You want to tout all of these counting stats and numbers but fail to realize that Minnesota has played upwards of 50-60 more seasons and since 1947 when Florida State ACTUALLY started playing football, they have 3 national championships, all in BCS ERA, to Minnesota's 1, where they lost their bowl game and finished with 2 losses.. oh yeah and it was in 1960, over 60 years ago now.

Heisman WINNERS, not vote getters or some other dumbass stat you cherry pick. Florida State- 3 Minnesota- 1... again before Florida State even fielded football so that's a win right there.

Weeks spent in the AP poll: Florida State- 561, Minnesota- 175

All time winning percentage: Florida State- .664, Minnesota- .572

Consensus All Americans: Florida State- 45, Minnesota- 34

Weeks at #1 in the AP Poll: Florida State- 72, Minnesota- a lowly 18

First round draft picks: Florida State- 46, Minnesota- 18

Bowl Games: Florida State- 47, Minnesota- 22

There's some real stats for you. And Florida State is better than Minnesota in each one.

Here I'll throw you a bone so you can see that I'll give unbiased numbers. Claimed National Championships: Florida State- 3, Minnesota- 7

Take out every year before 1947 and it's just embarrassing if you try to compare the two teams.

Now sit down and shut the hell up

I'm actually highly intelligent. Just got you to make my argument for me, the one I'm having with Wamu about Gopher Hockey. He claims UMn's not having the most Natl Titles, all by itself disqualifies them from being better than the programs with more titles. The arguments you make for FSU being the better fb program than Minnesota sound very similar to the arguments I made for UMn hockey being the #1 program of all-time.

I got no problem acknowledging that FSU has been one of the great programs of the modern age. They are one of the 12 schools who were named one of the Dozen Dynasties of the 20th Century by the cfb Hall of Fame. Along with Minnesota of course.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your pearl clutching is noted. Drama queen much, bringing up a possible Nuclear war or WW3 in a thread about COLLEGE FOOTBALL. If you wanna talk about contributions to the world or wars that will never happen then start a post in the politics forum. You are simply pulling shit out of your ass because you have nothing to back up your football claim in the title. So post irrelevent crap that makes Minnesota look like less of the irrelevent, snow covered shithole that it actually is.
It's been obvious you never read the OP. You guessed I posted this thread this year after our 4-0 start, but you are wrong, it was started last year, and it was Minnesota as a state, in general, not just the University of Minnesota, as I had just read about Mankato St's doing well recently.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nothing to back up my football claim?

48-30 under Fleck vs 40-39 over the same time period for your precious Felon U.

All that prestige has gotten FSU no where lately. Even Minnesota is out performing them, lol.

As for the title,

Titles in 69 & 78 for Minnesota native Christopherson, a cfb HOFer, coaching a Minnesota school in the NAIA.
Titles in 76 & 03 for Gagliardi at St Johns, another Minnesota school in Div 3, with a Runner Up in 2000.
Runner up finishes for St Thomas, another Minnesota school in Div 3, in 2012 & 2015.
Titles in 08 & 10 for another Minnesota school, that I attended, Minnesota-Duluth.
Runner Up finishes in 2014 & 2019 for Mankato St, another Minnesota school, Div 2 I believe?

The 4 man backfield and the offensive shift both being invented by Minnesota football.

FSU benefitted from WW2 as it was all the returning vets with GI Bill money that got FSU to go co-ed and soon after start up their football program, or revive it. And it was UMn's being a leader in the Civil Rights Movement that helped put pressure on Racist schools like FSU to change, otherwise I doubt FSU would have done very well at football at all without any black players.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing to back up my football claim?

48-30 under Fleck vs 40-39 over the same time period for your precious Felon U.

All that prestige has gotten FSU no where lately. Even Minnesota is out performing them, lol.

As for the title,

Titles in 69 & 78 for Minnesota native Christopherson, a cfb HOFer, coaching a Minnesota school in the NAIA.
Titles in 76 & 03 for Gagliardi at St Johns, another Minnesota school in Div 3, with a Runner Up in 2000.
Runner up finishes for St Thomas, another Minnesota school in Div 3, in 2012 & 2015.
Titles in 08 & 10 for another Minnesota school, that I attended, Minnesota-Duluth.
Runner Up finishes in 2014 & 2019 for Mankato St, another Minnesota school, Div 2 I believe?

The 4 man backfield and the offensive shift both being invented by Minnesota football.

FSU benefitted from WW2 as it was all the returning vets with GI Bill money that got FSU to go co-ed and soon after start up their football program, or revive it. And it was UMn's being a leader in the Civil Rights Movement that helped put pressure on Racist schools like FSU to change, otherwise I doubt FSU would have done very well at football at all without any black players.
More irrelevant stats and tidbits from either 60 years ago, or not on the topic, and no, division 2, 3, or NAIA is not on topic even if it is football. You once again show your immaturity with the calling us felon U. You aren't on our level, will never be on our level and will be lucky to ever win another Big Ten title. I will wager that FSU will win a National Title before Minnesota wins a Big Ten Title.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More irrelevant stats and tidbits from either 60 years ago, or not on the topic, and no, division 2, 3, or NAIA is not on topic even if it is football.

Who decides what is "on topic" or not? YOU??? Or the OP? Div 2, 3 & NAIA were all on my mind when I made the original post and the title of the thread.

You weren't forced to come into this thread, but made a free will choice to do so, then foolishly chose to rip on an entire state exposing your obvious ignorance, and now are bitching because MY thread doesn't follow along the path YOU want it to?

More, you never heard ofs. Tommy Milton, Gar Wood, Patty Berg, Andrew Sisters, Norman Borlaug, Ernest O Lawrence, Charles Lindbergh....

Or since you seem to think football is the end all and be all of life on earth...

Pudge Heffelfinger, the nation's first ever Pro fb player,
Bobby Marshall, B1G's first black player and nation's first black pro fb player. Oh I forgot, you don't like the blacks, right?
Bronko Nagurski, Defensive Player of the Year Award named after him,
Henry Williams, Natl Title Trophy named after him, invented the 4 man backfield and the offensive shift,
Jim Malosky, Natl Coach of the Year Award named after him, won more games than any other Div 2 coach in history at the time of his retirement.
Bud Wilkinson, nation's longest winning streak,
Gil Dobie, nation's longest unbeaten streak.
Bernie Bierman, SEVEN Natl Titles won at Tulane and Minnesota. Took a world war to stop his domination of cfb.

UMn's STILL produced the MOST NFL coaches, the MOST NFL Annual scoring leaders, the MOST NFL All-Decade players and no matter what list you look at, UMn ranks Top Ten at winning cfb Natl Titles since 1900. Most lists still have them Top Ten even including all the Yale and Princeton titles before 1900.

Minnesota almost dropped cfb in the late 1950s, and after the 1960 Natl Title, they opted to keep up but not fund it hardly, shoved em into the MetroDump and so the program declined to the abysmal state in the early 90s, and despite having over 50 years to catch up to them, FSU hasn't, not even close, at least in regards to Natl Titles won. You've won more individual awards, but that is just because there are a ton more awards to be won the last few decades as compared to when UMn was kicking tail. UMn's having almost 3 times as many cfb Hall of Famers as FSU proves that to a large degree.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts are facts, doesn't matter what other Gopher fans think or do or say, NONE of them control me or influence me or what I think or say or do.

:laugh3:

So you come up with all this crazy Gophers over the top and nonstop homerism all by yourself? Damn, yer talented.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

So you come up with all this crazy Gophers over the top and nonstop homerism all by yourself? Damn, yer talented.

Based on his dumbass logic, Yale, Harvard and Princeton are superior programs to the Goofers