• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota rules the world of football

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on, a thread about an irrelevant program has to stay on page 1.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should have won that game 43-3. Very disappointed with today's performance.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I have to cheer for FSU. If OU won, the intellectually lazy poll voters would vote both FSU and OU ahead of the Gophers, despite OUs only winning 7 games, so I gotta cheer for lame ass overrated FSU, :(

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which teams have won at least 9 games each of the last 3 full(non-covid) seasons?

Can you name them?

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe I have to cheer for FSU. If OU won, the intellectually lazy poll voters would vote both FSU and OU ahead of the Gophers, despite OUs only winning 7 games, so I gotta cheer for lame ass overrated FSU, :(
Overrated??? We would have smoked you guys by 20 with the way we closed out the year. The day Minnesota's football pedigree comes anywhere close to Florida State's is the day you can call us overrated. We are college football royalty.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated??? We would have smoked you guys by 20 with the way we closed out the year. The day Minnesota's football pedigree comes anywhere close to Florida State's is the day you can call us overrated. We are college football royalty.
Last 5 seasons FSU has a losing record of 29-30. LOL

UMn's is 39-20.

UMn's had an 11 & two 9 win seasons in the last 4 seasons, FSU has had only one winning season.

Starting in 1900-present, UMn has 7 #1 finishes only looking at the AP and before that tiptop25's rankings from 1900-1935, and FSU only has 3.

7 is more than twice as much as 3, right?

And UMn has more Top 8 finishes than FSU has Top 10.

Sure, FSU has been more successful the last 60 years overall, but NOT the last 5 years, and HS jrs and srs barely remember back much further and you'd have to go back 9 years to find an FSU season more impressive than UMn's 2019 season.

So FSU might still be considered cfb royalty, but more in the line of Prince Harry is it, that married that nutjob? His star shined bright for awhile and now he may get a lot of attention but not for anything great he's done.

And FSU's last 5 games? They only played one team with a winning record, a 7-6 record at that, so I'd hope they won them all, lol.

FSU got beat by NCSU and NCSU lost their bowl game. FSU lost to Clemson and Clemson lost their bowl game, too. And FSU almost lost to a 6-6 team in their bowl game, lol.

NONE of that screams "FSU over UMn by 20".

And FSU's being overrated has nothing to do with whether or not they could beat the Gophers, it has solely to do with their being overrated, which the barely getting by lowly 6-6 okey proved!!!

Ron G

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A UMn grad led Washington to a crapload of undefeated seasons. It can't be that hard to do, can it be? lol
It would appear that most of these guys you tout about leading other teams could not wait to get out of Minnesota.
I suppose the concept is take a job at a low-level program and bail as soon as possible.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, FSU has been more successful the last 60 years overall, but NOT the last 5 years, and HS jrs and srs barely remember back much further and you'd have to go back 9 years to find an FSU season more impressive than UMn's 2019 season.

So if that's the case, why is FSU's current class significantly better than Minnesota's?

And why was FSU's 2022 class even better than Minnesota's by a bigger margin?

Go ahead, try and spin this one dumbass

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trolled earlier that Fleck would be coaching at a better school. No idea if he is even on anyone’s top 5 choices.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last 5 seasons FSU has a losing record of 29-30. LOL

UMn's is 39-20.

UMn's had an 11 & two 9 win seasons in the last 4 seasons, FSU has had only one winning season.

Starting in 1900-present, UMn has 7 #1 finishes only looking at the AP and before that tiptop25's rankings from 1900-1935, and FSU only has 3.

7 is more than twice as much as 3, right?

And UMn has more Top 8 finishes than FSU has Top 10.

So FSU might still be considered cfb royalty, but more in the line of Prince Harry is it, that married that nutjob? His star shined bright for awhile and now he may get a lot of attention but not for anything great he's done.

And FSU's last 5 games? They only played one team with a winning record, a 7-6 record at that, so I'd hope they won them all, lol.

FSU got beat by NCSU and NCSU lost their bowl game. FSU lost to Clemson and Clemson lost their bowl game, too. And FSU almost lost to a 6-6 team in their bowl game, lol.

NONE of that screams "FSU over UMn by 20".

And FSU's being overrated has nothing to do with whether or not they could beat the Gophers, it has solely to do with their being overrated, which the barely getting by lowly 6-6 okey proved!!!
FSU could give two shits about Minnesota. Yes, we hit a rough patch, but are finally bouncing back. Our goal isn’t to win 9 games and be better than the Gophers. We aspire to greater heights than that. Maybe we get there. Maybe we don’t, but I’ll make a little wager with you that we see the CFB Playoff well before you do.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trolled earlier that Fleck would be coaching at a better school. No idea if he is even on anyone’s top 5 choices.
And you, as usual, were WRONG!!!

You are almost always off. I suspect you just plain stupid.

Is he in Top 5s? Probably not many. Probably in part because they know he's appreciated here at Minnesota and got a new contract earlier this year and he'd be expensive to get away from Minnesota and...

the biggest reason is that Fleck's RTB thing is not something most programs want. He cares about academics, lots of schools couldn't care less about academics.

WSU, meanwhile, is good at producing psychopath murderers I see.

How'd Wazzou's bowl game go btw?

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if that's the case, why is FSU's current class significantly better than Minnesota's?

And why was FSU's 2022 class even better than Minnesota's by a bigger margin?

Go ahead, try and spin this one dumbass
Nebraska's recruiting classes have been better than UMn's for a long time. Didn't translate into victories. Texas and Texas A&M routinely recruit well and it rarely translates into lots of wins.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you choose 3 and not say 5 or 10?
The meme I saw on Gopherhole chose 3 years.

5 years? Fleck had just got here, do you hold Dabo's earliest seasons at Clemson against him? No, no one does. Same with other coaches who struggled their first year or two at a new program. 10 years? So 3 coaches ago? How truly relevant would that be?

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The meme I saw on Gopherhole chose 3 years.

5 years? Fleck had just got here, do you hold Dabo's earliest seasons at Clemson against him? No, no one does. Same with other coaches who struggled their first year or two at a new program. 10 years? So 3 coaches ago? How truly relevant would that be?
About as relevant as a 3 year span…

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU could give two shits about Minnesota. Yes, we hit a rough patch, but are finally bouncing back. Our goal isn’t to win 9 games and be better than the Gophers. We aspire to greater heights than that. Maybe we get there. Maybe we don’t, but I’ll make a little wager with you that we see the CFB Playoff well before you do.
Minnesota has been significantly better than FSU the last 3 -5 years. You're goal long term may not just to be better than the Gophers obviously, but to reach that lofty goal they'll have to do better than Minnesota first, something you'd have to go back to 2014 to accomplish. Only one season since, 2016, has been better than UMn's season in 2019, by just 2 spots.

But I'm sure FSU will be fine with buying talent regardless of how good they do in school, and they play in a weaker conference and get votes even when they only beat teams with losing records, and Minnesotans don't like the new buying players idea and believe that dumb old fashioned idea that student athletes are supposed to go to school to get an education not to be professional athletes while still in school, so it's not likely they will start putting up much NIL money. I hope I'm wrong, but it's just not Minnesotan's style.

IF Fleck succeeds to win a Natl or even just a B1G conf title, it will be because the fans were patient and he is able to build the perfect "team" and avoid too many substantial injuries. It could take 15 years, or 7, or maybe 1 and most likely never, at least on the National title thing, but you never know?

They were close this year before losing Autman-Bell for the last 3/4th of the season, he made our passing game so much better which made our running game so much better and then Ibrahim for the most important Purdue game and the starting QB for the PSU game. I know every team suffers injuries but for fucks sake, UMn always seems to lose one of their most vital players or player. It is what it is, shows Fleck needs to improve recruiting more for more depth because I doubt injuries can be avoided for a whole season.

Positives going forward are the incoming receivers joining Autman-Bell who's coming back and a couple guys who did well with AK tossing the ball coming back and AK having another off-season to grow and learn and get stronger and gain experience and knowledge and confidence. His ability to run will keep defenses honest. Without Mo in the backfield our passing game will have to be consistent to open things up more for our rbs, unless a Frosh turns out to be the next Mo or something?

Until then? I'll just have to suffer watching our #1 ranked Men's hockey team continue to improve and dominate. ;)

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska's recruiting classes have been better than UMn's for a long time. Didn't translate into victories. Texas and Texas A&M routinely recruit well and it rarely translates into lots of wins.

Is that what I stated? I referenced the comment about high school juniors and seniors not caring, not knowing about FSU's success.. clearly they still pick them over that shit hole up in Minnuhsohtuh

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would appear that most of these guys you tout about leading other teams could not wait to get out of Minnesota.
I suppose the concept is take a job at a low-level program and bail as soon as possible.
You are not very smart are you?

Dobie, Solem and Shaughnessy left because HOFer Henry Williams was there over twenty years, so Minnesota wasn't looking for a new coach. Hardly a crime to want a head coaching position when asst coaches made next to nothing.

Bierman went back to coach Minnesota DUH, and was hugely successful.

Munn and Wilkinson went elsewhere because Bierman was still the HC at Minnesota.

And many of these guys DID serve as asst coaches at Minnesota before taking those jobs as Head coaches elsewhere.

Salem and Stoll came home after coaching elsewhere.

Grant, Dungy and Trestman went the NFL/CFL route with both Grant and Dungy coaching the Vikings.

Now outside of cfb, BOTH our men's and women's bb coaches are former Gophers, the Baseball coach is a former Gopher, both hockey coaches are Mn natives who wanted to play for the Gophers but weren't good enough, the Women's Gymnastics coach is a former Gopher, the former Softball coach was a former Gopher. I'm pretty sure there's more. The CC coach I think, the former Swim and Dive coach for sure. Over half of it's teams, basically. Vb program basically gets whoever it wants and it's last 3 coaches were the absolutely best option available at those times. Most vb coaches are still men and UMn doesn't have a men's vb team.

The Minneapolis Lakers NBA team's first coach, the first NBA dynasty was coached by a former Gopher.
One of the North Stars coaches was a former Gopher.
The former Twins Manager was a former Gopher.
The Timberwolves have had 2-3 former Gophers as Head coaches.

Seems to me UMn/Minnesota retains it's own far more than most, if not all?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota has been significantly better than FSU the last 3 -5 years. You're goal long term may not just to be better than the Gophers obviously, but to reach that lofty goal they'll have to do better than Minnesota first, something you'd have to go back to 2014 to accomplish. Only one season since, 2016, has been better than UMn's season in 2019, by just 2 spots.

But I'm sure FSU will be fine with buying talent regardless of how good they do in school, and they play in a weaker conference and get votes even when they only beat teams with losing records, and Minnesotans don't like the new buying players idea and believe that dumb old fashioned idea that student athletes are supposed to go to school to get an education not to be professional athletes while still in school, so it's not likely they will start putting up much NIL money. I hope I'm wrong, but it's just not Minnesotan's style.

IF Fleck succeeds to win a Natl or even just a B1G conf title, it will be because the fans were patient and he is able to build the perfect "team" and avoid too many substantial injuries. It could take 15 years, or 7, or maybe 1 and most likely never, at least on the National title thing, but you never know?

They were close this year before losing Autman-Bell for the last 3/4th of the season, he made our passing game so much better which made our running game so much better and then Ibrahim for the most important Purdue game and the starting QB for the PSU game. I know every team suffers injuries but for fucks sake, UMn always seems to lose one of their most vital players or player. It is what it is, shows Fleck needs to improve recruiting more for more depth because I doubt injuries can be avoided for a whole season.

Positives going forward are the incoming receivers joining Autman-Bell who's coming back and a couple guys who did well with AK tossing the ball coming back and AK having another off-season to grow and learn and get stronger and gain experience and knowledge and confidence. His ability to run will keep defenses honest. Without Mo in the backfield our passing game will have to be consistent to open things up more for our rbs, unless a Frosh turns out to be the next Mo or something?

Until then? I'll just have to suffer watching our #1 ranked Men's hockey team continue to improve and dominate. ;)
Big wall of text just to prove you missed my point. FSU doesn’t care about Minnesota. FSU’s goals are well beyond Minnesota. FSU isn’t satisfied with, “Yay, we got back to winning 10 games! Let’s see if we can win 9 or 10 next year!”, unlike the Gophers, ta dig?

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North Dakota is more relevant than minnesota in football lol. Ndsu 9 titles in 11 years, more than gophers can say about a damn thing football related.