• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Minnesota #1? Why not?!

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't have to convince me. I already know. It's @fredsdeadfriend who is covering his ears and screaming LA LA LA
So some of you are claiming that Mizzou finishing ranked 5th and UMn finishing ranked 10th, 5 spots different in the rankings, means Mizzou was "far better", but UMn's beating teams ranked #9 & #14 isn't much different than Missouri's beating teams ranked #18 & #19???

5 is only 5 spots better than 10. Both teams had 2 losses.

9 & 14 are a combined 14 spots better than 18 & 19. 9 is 9 spots better than 18 and 14 is 5 spots better than 19.

Try to be consistent people.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some of you are claiming that Mizzou finishing ranked 5th and UMn finishing ranked 10th, 5 spots different in the rankings, means Mizzou was "far better", but UMn's beating teams ranked #9 & #14 isn't much different than Missouri's beating teams ranked #18 & #19???

5 is only 5 spots better than 10. Both teams had 2 losses.

9 & 14 are a combined 14 spots better than 18 & 19. 9 is 9 spots better than 18 and 14 is 5 spots better than 19.

Try to be consistent people.

No. We are saying their season was far better bc ranking and 4-5 other metrics as many people have pointed out but you continue to ignore. You look at two games for both teams seasons as of that proves something but Missouri's SOS was higher than Minnesota's that between the two years. You ignore that Minnesota did not play for a CC bc they didn't win their division. You ignore that Minnesota played in a relatively minor bowl while Missouri played in the Cotton bowl. Scroll up, others pointed out more.

Anyway, my original comment was not specifically about the teams strengths. It was pointing out that in that time Missouri took advantage of a down SEC East like Minnesota will now take advantage of a down B1G West.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Props for showing up.
You had to know with any loss, the shit was going to be hurled your way.
Oh of course, lol. The more the merrier. I was fully prepared to rub the Gopher's 12-0 regular season, that I truly hoped was a good possibility in their faces for like forever, and eating crow comes with the territory, imo.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just beat Bucky.....Badger fan tears are the gift that keeps on giving here

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just beat Bucky.....Badger fan tears are the gift that keeps on giving here
UMn won 7 of it's remaining 9 games after losing to a crappy Bowling Green team last year, including easily beating the Badgers, who were on something like a 7 game winning streak going into the game. So I'm not going to throw in the towel yet.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they got whuppd today by a chump team

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UMn won 7 of it's remaining 9 games after losing to a crappy Bowling Green team last year, including easily beating the Badgers, who were on something like a 7 game winning streak going into the game. So I'm not going to throw in the towel yet.

Listening to them today talk like firing Cryst and promoting the DC who's defense has given up 80+ points the last 2 weeks and is another "Barry guy" is suddenly going to mean they will be an elite program is the best shit I've heard in a long time. I hope it never ends.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MN in the mud.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahahaha...unless it's a lesbian team, any other Minnesota team that gets ranked...loses.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's the time table for Mo? Minnesota really is just a completely different team without him. Morgan can't get it done without the run game working

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the time table for Mo? Minnesota really is just a completely different team without him. Morgan can't get it done without the run game working
Well, Fleck said he only needed a couple more days, and Mo wanted to play yesterday but was told no by the medical staff, so with this being our bye week, he should be ready to go in 2 weeks.

Trey Potts & Bryce Williams are not bad RBs, but the Illini were ranked something like 17th in rush defense going into the weekend, compared to Purdue's ranking somewhere in the 40s, so I hope Fleck wasn't lying about Ibrahim being close to being ready to go, or the next game could be worse, although with 2 weeks to prep for it, that should help.

Edit, the Illini have moved up to #2 in the nation in Rush Defense & PSU is #5, so even more important for Mo to be healthy, at least in October. I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday as I had to work, so I really am not sure what happened?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Fleck said he only needed a couple more days, and Mo wanted to play yesterday but was told no by the medical staff, so with this being our bye week, he should be ready to go in 2 weeks.

Trey Potts & Bryce Williams are not bad RBs, but the Illini were ranked something like 17th in rush defense going into the weekend, compared to Purdue's ranking somewhere in the 40s, so I hope Fleck wasn't lying about Ibrahim being close to being ready to go, or the next game could be worse, although with 2 weeks to prep for it, that should help.

Edit, the Illini have moved up to #2 in the nation in Rush Defense & PSU is #5, so even more important for Mo to be healthy, at least in October. I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday as I had to work, so I really am not sure what happened?

Minnesota couldn't run the ball and the pass game couldn't compensate

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was Oregon's excuse for that 1-3 finish to 2021's season?

They were playing better teams. Utah was a better team than Oregon last year.

Utah is most definitely a better program than the trash in Minnesota.