• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miller’s time with Sabres is near the end

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno if I'd claim Miller as being mentally strong...but hey, he's a goalie, pretty sure they all fall into that mold occasionally.

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller is world class. Any team would love him between the pipes. Guy kills the Bruins every year.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know i'm in the minority here but i think Miller is vastly overrated. JMO.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 year at 6.3M. I'm not saying I would stay clear of him, but I wouldn't give up much for a rental making that kind of money. The one positive for the team that acquires Miller is he has a lot to prove. Miller will be playing his heart out to show he's still got IT.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know i'm in the minority here but i think Miller is vastly overrated. JMO.

Actually, I'm with sbb on this one (although I would remove the word "vastly"). Personally, I think he's been riding on that Vezina trophy for a couple of seasons now. I also don't care for his body language he shows towards his teammates at times when pucks get past him.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Miller is a system goalie - if he's on a good defensively sound team, he will look good. And the Sabres are not that team anymore, and his deficiencies are showing. He's not the lone wolf a la Mr. Anderson who will make the 45 saves and absolutely steal a point or win (at least he's not anymore) but he can put a good team over the hump.

I too have always thought he was overrated from his days with Michigan State. You always heard about how he was a stud with his regular season numbers, then he got to the frozen four and he'd suck. Always led me to believe Ron Mason had good sound defensive systems and Miller was a benefactor of that. Same with the Olympics in 2010 - he had a pretty damned good team in front of him as well.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not the lone wolf a la Mr. Anderson who will make the 45 saves and absolutely steal a point or win (at least he's not anymore) but he can put a good team over the hump.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Ryan Miller’s 41 saves Wednesday gave him an NHL-high four wins this season when facing 40-plus shots. Miller entered Thursday’s game leading the NHL in shots against (1,183) and saves (1,082). He has faced 66 more shots and made 48 more saves than any other NHL goalie.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his time probably is done.

With a year left on his contract they should be able to get pretty good return for him on the trade market this off-season. There's also a chance that they could do well on an actual player swap rather than just for draft picks.

Though since they should be in full rebuild next season, I'm OK with giving Enroth the #1 job and rotate the other guys through on a pretty regular basis to see if there's a potential "goalie of the future" there. I don't think Enroth is it, but I think he can handle it for a year or two.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I'm with sbb on this one (although I would remove the word "vastly"). Personally, I think he's been riding on that Vezina trophy for a couple of seasons now. I also don't care for his body language he shows towards his teammates at times when pucks get past him.

Mechanically, he has and has always had a few hitches in his game, the body language being the big one. He also has a tendency to get progressively deeper in his net as the game wears on. If he played for a team like the Devils, Wings or Preds that keep everyone on the outside, he could be very successful again. The things he does well, usually out weigh the hitches but when he gets exposed, they are usually the broken play types that tend to get in his head. He spirals down faster than most. He gives up some deflating ones, and sometimes does not react well.

He's not a waste by any means, but he does need a change of scenery bad.

If Marty hangs it up, the Devils would be an awesome fit.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mechanically, he has and has always had a few hitches in his game, the body language being the big one. He also has a tendency to get progressively deeper in his net as the game wears on. If he played for a team like the Devils, Wings or Preds that keep everyone on the outside, he could be very successful again. The things he does well, usually out weigh the hitches but when he gets exposed, they are usually the broken play types that tend to get in his head. He spirals down faster than most. He gives up some deflating ones, and sometimes does not react well.

He's not a waste by any means, but he does need a change of scenery bad.

If Marty hangs it up, the Devils would be an awesome fit.

I also think Miller would benefit GRRREEAATLY from a solid, veteran backup goalie with a cool head and a good locker room persona (something that's actually tough to find in the NHL). Miller loses so much water weight each game, he needs regular breaks to stay fresh for the playoffs. Craig Billington or a late career Chris Osgood would have been awesome backups for The Miller... currently I can't think of a guy off the top of my head that really fits the bill.

/Luongo? :ss: