• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Wise article

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True or not, Wise threw it out there to try and stir up something and throw a wet blanket on the Win today.

This^^^^^^^^^^^

Plus Wise tries, as a lotta reporters do, to be provocative a lotta times, but just comes off as a dickhead.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not even read his articles anymore.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...KC is just like Andy Dalton.

But so much was invested in RG3 that he couldn't play KC even if he wanted to.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wise sure has a lot of secret sources .... or he lies a lot. :rollseyes:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Mike Wise this story does seem possible. I'm obviously a big RG guy but I can admit that before Sunday Kirk Cousins was probably better suited to run this offense. That has never been my point. My position is who will be the better long term QB. Before yesterday I was convinced that Griffin had a much better chance at big success and I'm in this for the long haul, not the quick fix, so I was fine with waring through the growing pains if we ended up with a very good QB for the next dozen years.

But with yet another injury sadly I have to admit that RGIII may simply be Kelvin Bryant and that totally sucks

Last edited by a moderator:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I hate Mike Wise this story does seem possible. I'm obviously a big RG guy but I can admit that before Sunday Kirk Cousins was probably better suited to run this offense. That has never been my point. My position is who will be the better long term QB. Before yesterday I was convinced that Griffin had a much better chance at big success and I'm in this for the long haul, not the quick fix, so I was fine with waring through the growing pains if we ended up with a very good QB for the next dozen years.

But with yet another injury sadly I have to admit that RGIII may simply be Kelvin Bryant and that totally sucks

This is my concern also. We don't have to make this decision now. Lets see how Kirk plays the next 8 games or so. Expect growing pains and up and down performances. If we were willing to suffer them with RG3, then we also need to recognize that Kirk is a young QB and has very limited experience. What you want to see is an overall trajectory of up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my concern also. We don't have to make this decision now. Lets see how Kirk plays the next 8 games or so. Expect growing pains and up and down performances. If we were willing to suffer them with RG3, then we also need to recognize that Kirk is a young QB and has very limited experience. What you want to see is an overall trajectory of up.

All we as fans need to do is watch the games and pull for Cousins and the rest of the team. We don't make any decisions in this area (and neither does anyone at the WP - Thank God). I trust that the Redskins organization will do the right thing but that is for next season most likely. Let's just hope for the best and cheer on the current team.

BTW - Wise is a dick. What exactly is the purpose of this article? Leave it to the WP to spin anything Redskins related in a negative manner. I guess that they were pissed that nobody is paying attention to the Redskins name issue at this time.

HTTR

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Will the fans so quick to trash Griffin when he messed up have the same quick finger with Cousins? I have my doubts.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the fans so quick to trash Griffin when he messed up have the same quick finger with Cousins? I have my doubts.

I think we all have a pretty good idea how this will unfold. Hopefully - Cousins does very well & it won't be an issue. He looked very impressive yesterday, but most QBs are going to have their ups and downs. I think a lot of fans will be more patient with him, but many very likely will turn on him if he has some bad games. It is the nature of being a fan. It doesn't seem likely at this point, but time and results have an amazing way of changing the perception of fans.

People just need to still be patient - there will be ups and downs this season - hopefully more ups. The team looked dominant yesterday, but you have to factor in the opposition to a certain degree. Go Redskins.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be rooting for the guy but then again I'm not the one who needs to learn the lesson of patience. I was perfectly willing to let the RGIII story play itself out. Unfortunately it seems to be doing just that, guy can't stay healthy.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one don't give a shit if Griffin, Cousins, McCoy, Grossman, Weurfel, Mathews, Campbell, Ramsey, Hasselbeck, Beck plays when they move the ball like they did yesterday I'm a happy camper. HTTR

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was fun, been a long time since we had such a day. But of course being a Redskins fan means you can never enjoy total happiness. As I watched my team totally dominate in every phase of the game I couldn't get past the obvious painful thing we had witnessed earlier in the game.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't have time to wait 8 weeks to start with the hype, hysteria, uninformed decision making, and fantasy scenario analysis, like Lets trade RGIII for two 1st round picks? We need to get a head start on all that right now!

Did I do that right?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have time to wait 8 weeks to start with the hype, hysteria, uninformed decision making, and fantasy scenario analysis, like Lets trade RGIII for two 1st round picks? We need to get a head start on all that right now!

Did I do that right?

LMFAO. Indeed you did!:pound::suds:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust that the Redskins organization will do the right thing but that is for next season most likely.

Have you not been paying attention to the Redskin organization in the 2000s? Even when the right thing appears to be taking place or possibly has taken place, 2005, 2007, 2012. The Redskins organization the following year found ways to burn it all right back to the ground.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you not been paying attention to the Redskin organization in the 2000s? Even when the right thing appears to be taking place or possibly has taken place, 2005, 2007, 2012. The Redskins organization the following year found ways to burn it all right back to the ground.

Hey, every squirrel finds an acorn at some point...at least that's what I keep telling myself. :gaah:

Maybe we will have finally learned. Tempered expectations for sure.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh? I actually believe that for the most part the Redskins are moving in the right direction. Last season was messed up for so many reasons - many of which were out of their control.

However - it appears that things are looking pretty promising at this time. They appear to have a good organizational structure (not sure who was badmouthing Allen but I disagree 100% - what exactly has he done wrong?) & there are promising players on both sides of the ball.

You need to focus starting in the Shanahan era. Everything prior to that was a mess for the most part (save for a few seasons of Gibbs II). That is when Snyder started to stay out of personnel matters. There were some issues last season, but the current organization appears to pretty much be setup in the right manner & hopefully it will start to show.

If you want to be completely negative about it fine - I agree to disagree. Time will tell.