• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Wise article

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it as negative. This franchise has been in disarray for too many years to want to review. Whether we have turned the corner or not is a tale to still be told. I can understand the cynicism. Have there been some positive signs. Some. Yet there have been continued setbacks as well.

We still have not seen sustained success for this franchise. We may have turned the corner. I know we all hope that we have.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it as negative. This franchise has been in disarray for too many years to want to review. Whether we have turned the corner or not is a tale to still be told. I can understand the cynicism. Have there been some positive signs. Some. Yet there have been continued setbacks as well.

We still have not seen sustained success for this franchise. We may have turned the corner. I know we all hope that we have.

Absolutely I can understand people being cynical. However - the poster presents it as a given. This is not the same organization as in 2000, 2007 or even last year. I know that people will state that Snyder is the common factor for all years. However - everything I see is that he is staying out of football matters for the most part (obviously a long term deal for RG3 and/or Cousins will be an exception).

Anyhow - my major pt was that these will be issues to worry about next offseason. How about simpy focusing (& hopefully enjoying) the games this season before worrying about all of that.

HTTR

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, every squirrel finds an acorn at some point...at least that's what I keep telling myself. :gaah:

Maybe we will have finally learned. Tempered expectations for sure.

I'm not really lumping the present FO/organization in anything I said. The present FO hasn't had enough time for anyone, at least imo, to formulate an opinion, good or bad, on the direction they'll take the team. Someone saying they trust the Redskin organization is/was simply too generic for me though. As a good indicator for predicting future behavior is looking back on past behavior. And while the present organization can't be judged and has different pieces from past ones. They still have one key figure within it that was a part of all the bad organizations of the 2000s in Snyder. He as always it seems, is the wildcard.

I'm not crowning the present organization just yet though. Like you say, tempered expectations is the route to take.

KickSaveDave

Message Board Migrant
America's safest and most boring city: Irvine, CA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not really lumping the present FO/organization in anything I said. The present FO hasn't had enough time for anyone, at least imo, to formulate an opinion, good or bad, on the direction they'll take the team. Someone saying they trust the Redskin organization is/was simply too generic for me though. As a good indicator for predicting future behavior is looking back on past behavior. And while the present organization can't be judged and has different pieces from past ones. They still have one key figure within it that was a part of all the bad organizations of the 2000s in Snyder. He as always it seems, is the wildcard.

I'm not crowning the present organization just yet though. Like you say, tempered expectations is the route to take.

Just so we're all clear, the current GM has been here since January 2010, and has been here for the McNabb trade debacle, the salary cap shenanigans that cost us the salary cap penalty, and the RGIII trade which as of right now, albeit for unfortunate circumstances, has been a bust for us. I realize Shanny had final authority during most of that time, but Bruce Allen was the guy in the owners box that whole time. So it truly does remain to be seen if the current front office is actually any different from the old front office, or the front office before that, and before that, and so on.

Bruce has only had final authority for this year though, so while the FO is the same, the roles are not... so Bruce gets his own "I'm in charge now" grace period. What he does with RGIII/KC will make or brake everything for this franchise.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so we're all clear, the current GM has been here since January 2010, and has been here for the McNabb trade debacle, the salary cap shenanigans that cost us the salary cap penalty, and the RGIII trade which as of right now, albeit for unfortunate circumstances, has been a bust for us. I realize Shanny had final authority during most of that time, but Bruce Allen was the guy in the owners box that whole time. So it truly does remain to be seen if the current front office is actually any different from the old front office, or the front office before that, and before that, and so on.

Bruce has only had final authority for this year though, so while the FO is the same, the roles are not... so Bruce gets his own "I'm in charge now" grace period. What he does with RGIII/KC will make or brake everything for this franchise.

Thanks for making me feel even more confident in the present FO than I already did, Kick/cue sarcasm

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Legit points. I've seen a lot of things I like. It remains to be seen how we handle the upcoming media storm that I foresee.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The final paragraph says a lot. Face it - Shanahan was mainly in charge during that period. Allen pretty much dealt with the finances & off field stuff for the most part. I also have a hard time putting most of the blame for the cap sanctions on the Redskins. IMO - it is just a bogus setup by the NFL. I am willing to bet that if this occurred in the post-Rice era the NFL would not get away with this crap.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit points. I've seen a lot of things I like. It remains to be seen how we handle the upcoming media storm that I foresee.

Screw the media. It is obvious that they are the enemy of the Redskins. I can almost guarantee that most of the media was disappointed that the Jackson injury was not more serious. They would have loved that since they could then badmouth the Skins for both RG3 & spending a lot of money on Jackson. They are nobody's friend at this time.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw the media. It is obvious that they are the enemy of the Redskins. I can almost guarantee that most of the media was disappointed that the Jackson injury was not more serious. They would have loved that since they could then badmouth the Skins for both RG3 & spending a lot of money on Jackson. They are nobody's friend at this time.

Wish we could pretend the media didn't exist.

But it's the reality of being the Redskins, the DC market and being part of the NFCE. This is just too juicy of a storyline to be ignored.

I just hope we handle it smartly and better than we did last year.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome KFFL Skins fans!

53931420.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player still active in the NFL from our entire 2008 and 2009 draft is Rak. That is pathetic.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a self imposed ban on the WP . i hope others will join me and stop giving guys like this a platform

i dont buy the CSI shit

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a self imposed ban on the WP . i hope others will join me and stop giving guys like this a platform

i dont buy the CSI shit

There are a select few writers I still follow over there. Boswell is one example.