• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Stoops

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something that nobody seems to be mentioning though is the fact that moving Papuchis up the ladder while raising his salary, requires us to go and hire another assistant to take over the duties which Papuchis will leave behind.

If money is an issue to begin with, then we'll probably bring in some no-namer who Bo knew from is brother Carl's flag football team back in college.

And then we'll have a situation where we have 1 more new guy on staff that nobody knows anything about, plus we'll have Bo babysitting the defense again due to the fact that he won't be able to just trust Papuchis taking over full controls.

And that.........is the reason I see the need to hire from outside.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would seem odd hiring an Offensive Guard to coach the Defensive Line..........but I spose it has been done before

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Peter needs to be a fucking coach..but these pussy ass players would hate him.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Peter needs to be a fucking coach..but these pussy ass players would hate him.

1. Please tell me you are joking.

2. I would like to applaud everyone else for it taking so long for this stupid idea to be brought up here?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't sound like Zook is even being considered, which greatly disappoints me. He brings so much to the table it's ridiculous. But again, maybe a price tag that we can't handle comes with that as well.

Zook would butt heads with Bo I have no doubt. Guy is used to running his own program.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo Pelini told the Husker Sports Network on Thursday during an interview that he expects to "move pretty quickly" when it comes to filling the opening left by departed defensive coordinator Carl Pelini.
"I have a pretty good idea what I'm going to do," Pelini said.
The coach noted that he's been flying around a lot since the season ended, kept busy by recruiting.
So while he has a good idea about the direction he wants to go in filling out his coaching staff, he said "I haven't had time to implement it."
Pelini showed some humor regarding the job opening on Thursday night. Not one to play the Twitter game often, Pelini offered this tweet: "Just interviewed M. Nobler for the D-Coordinator position... Very impressive to say the least!"

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so what I think is that Mike has already told Bo thanks but I'm going elsewhere and thats why Bo broke his silence so people would stop speculating. He needs to move fast because Mike is going to announce soon and he doesn' want to look like he had all his cards on the table.

Mike is going to Ohio State with Meyer.

I have no idea what is goin on in Norman.

Thats just what I think is happening. I'm :high: and speculating with what I've read recently.

:smokin:

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The phrase "I haven't had time to implement it" tells me it's an internal hire.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Papuchis........it's totally obvious. He is going to bump him up for the bowl game.

As for Mike.........if he goes to Ohio State to be a CO-defensive coordinator...........then I just find that to be such a waste. And Ohio State will probably become my new most hated team.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well... Bo is just gonna have to keep makin lemonade.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I changed the name and stickied it hope ye don't mind jjm :mod:

Should get more google hits this way :)

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that it is suspected that Venables is up for a HC gig at a smaller program.........and in my opinion, Mike wouldn't even consider going anywhere else if there was an opening at OU.

How much more secure of a job can you have than the one where your brother is your boss...........AND you're constantly bringing in bluechip athletes on defense that you weren't getting at Arizona.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere that it is suspected that Venables is up for a HC gig at a smaller program.........and in my opinion, Mike wouldn't even consider going anywhere else if there was an opening at OU.

How much more secure of a job can you have than the one where your brother is your boss...........AND you're constantly bringing in bluechip athletes on defense that you weren't getting at Arizona.

this is how he left OU last time he was there:

Last edited by a moderator: