• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Stoops

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see your points there. I personally kinda like the idea of having 2 psychos on the sideline.......hell, I wish our entire coaching staff was a bunch of psychos........they know how to get the attention of the players. It's those softy coaches like Clownahan that never could do that.

The fact is though, Mike Stoops isn't coming to Nebraska. It's just some silly idea I've been running through my head all day long, and now that I am done dreaming, I realize that it just isn't what Nebraska is about in any way, shape or form. We don't make these kind of moves, never have, never will.

Mike will be at Oklahoma.........it's his brother.........you can't get a more secure job than that. Plus he has been there before already, and it's a place where he can fit right back into comfortably.

We will move forward bumping Papuchis up the ladder, but obviously we're going to need to hire someone as a position coach......because Papuchis was already taking on several roles.

You don't have to be a psycho to get players attention. Guys like Phil Jackson and Tom Osborne were not psychos. They got alot of players attention.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't have to be a psycho to get players attention. Guys like Phil Jackson and Tom Osborne were not psychos. They got alot of players attention.

Tom Osborne had some great assistants...........and Charlie McBride was one of the craziest sons of bitches I've ever heard speak.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I want another Charlie McBride..........and Mike Stoops is that guy.

It's not going to happen though.

MidnightMarauder54

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
For one thing, when you're a member of the media, the last thing you should EVER do is go running to twitter and say "I expect Stoops to be at OU due to facts that I've uncovered."

:L

Why not, there is nothing untrue about him EXPECTING it to happen, the above sentence doesn't say it will happen

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not, there is nothing untrue about him EXPECTING it to happen, the above sentence doesn't say it will happen

Yea, you and I can go and do that.........but as a member of the media, you are committing suicide if it doesn't end up holding true. Zero credibility.

It's a simple media rule...........you don't report until you have multiple sources. And you never.......EVER.......say that you think something is going to happen.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
phil jackson done nothing but sat on the sidelines and watch his superstars win him rings

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JSYK, Stoops has been linked to the Iowa DC position also. It's expected that Norm Parker is retiring due to not having feet (diabetes).

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo just called me at the house, wants me to be the new DC, Ill probably do it. Makes all the rest of this talk a little ridiculous now doesn't it?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I want another Charlie McBride..........and Mike Stoops is that guy.

It's not going to happen though.

McBride is openly stating that he wants to come back and coach the D Line.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that article was trending on twitter yesterday.............but then that douche from the OKC News came along and pooped on my party by declaring that he had evidence that suggests Mike Stoops is definitely going to OU.

haha yes "definitely maybe"

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't said anything because this is just an assumption...

If you google Mike Stoops for News under google chrome, there are 5-10 articles that were written AFTER JJM's twitter boy.

So that tells me the reporter has to be full of shit if I can find 5+ new fresh articles saying Stoops is leaning towards Nebraska after he's tweeted that shit.

Other reporters would hop on that shit if it were true that he was going to OU, and that would be clogging my search's instead of Nebraska.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JSYK, Stoops has been linked to the Iowa DC position also. It's expected that Norm Parker is retiring due to not having feet (diabetes).

Yeah, we had a another thread that had Ohio St (co-coordinator), Iowa (coordinator) or Nebraska (coordinator).

Then OU popped into the picture as a position coach.

Ron Zook was Bo Pelini's position coach @ Ohio St, so he is also a posibility for Nebraska.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chatter gets a bit louder today.

There are other teams looking for a defensive coordinator too.

Arkansas and Washington St. to name a couple.

Just keep this in mind about Nebraska... Bo Pelini and Mike Stoops have different defensive philosophies. Stoops is going to want to do things his way wherever he goes.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chatter gets a bit louder today.

There are other teams looking for a defensive coordinator too.

Arkansas and Washington St. to name a couple.

Just keep this in mind about Nebraska... Bo Pelini and Mike Stoops have different defensive philosophies. Stoops is going to want to do things his way wherever he goes.

Well then, Stoops can use his philosophy for mobile QB's :)