• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Attention OU fans: Mike Stoops is staying.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Riley on the staff at Tech when Leach made the change and moved McNeil to the DC? I'm old and can't remember that far back.

I don't know. Maybe someone else on here can answer your question.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Venables was our best recruiter but Bob and Mike have a different defensive philosophy. Brent is a front 7 guy and Bob and Mike are back 7 guys.

Venable brought in good and great DT when he could. The problem was Bob and then Mike, would override, when BV wanted a DT, Bob and Mike would always go for a DB, Hybrid, LB/S. It ALL starts upfront and Venables has proven his style works and Mike has shown his dumbass, doesn't know what he's doing. Venables got great LB and tried to get Dlineman but the Stoop brothers wouldn't let him take a chance on a 3 star dlineman. Instead that go after a 5'9 140lbs DB that's fast but can't holdup against College players.

Just look at last years class, Trey Norwood is listed at 6'0 160lbs. He actually 5'9ish and showed up at 142lbs. That's the guys they gamble on.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody gets torched in this conference. It's inevitable. Too many high powered offenses. Even Saban and Bama would get torched in this conference. Doesn't mean Bama would lose, but their defense would get shredded the way they do in their bowl games.

I agree with this but not by Iowa St using a linebacker at quarterback.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this but not by Iowa St using a linebacker at quarterback.

The thing is, all he had to do was load the box and make ISU beat them through the air. I understand that they still gave up some big passes.......but they didn't even slow down Montgomery, ISU's main weapon. Him getting on track opened up passing lanes.

That's a really poor job by the DC there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, all he had to do was load the box and make ISU beat them through the air. I understand that they still gave up some big passes.......but they didn't even slow down Montgomery, ISU's main weapon. Him getting on track opened up passing lanes.

That's a really poor job by the DC there.

Mike is so fucking lost inside his own head it's not even funny. We can't hold starters accountable because his schemes are so fucking complex he can't count on backups to know them if put in the game. Just asinine.