• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's current 4-game hot streak has not been against the most dominant of pass defenses. And he really won't see a formidable opponent again until week 19.

Week 15 (This Sunday) he is home against Cleveland. No problem.

Week 16 he is home against St Louis. In the past, this has been a tough match up for Seattle, but the Rams seem to have lost their way and are playing very uninspiring football these days. The NFL football is going out with a whimper St Louis. They have already turned the page for Las Angeles.

Week 17 in Arizona. Nothing will be at stake for either team. Cardinals will have clinched the NFC West and the 'Hawks will have clinched the #5 seed. This is going to be the equivalent of an exhibition game. The primary objective will be to come out of the game injury-free and save the 'secret strategy' for a possible playoff matchup in week 19 or week 20.

Week 18 @ NYGaints or @Eagles or @Redskins. Whoever it is won't be much of a match up.

And then we get to week 19. This where we will find out how good of a QB Russell Wilson is.

I don't think they're a lock to win in the first round if it is Philly or the Giants. Washington would be a lock but Philly or NYG can give them a game and possibly win

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're a lock to win in the first round if it is Philly or the Giants. Washington would be a lock but Philly or NYG can give them a game and possibly win
Naaa

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope they don't play on that mine field in Washington.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I maybe was reaching with Philly but one team I would not want to play in the playoffs is the Giants. Eli and that team has that playoff magic like the Ravens. They may not make it often but when they do they'll cause trouble.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point here isn't whether Wilson is or isn't on par with whatever category you're talking about. The point is that if you're the coach of the team that's getting ready to play him, you can't be dumb enough to provide answers to loaded questions that can be used as bulletin board material. Some of you get this, but clearly some of you do not.

If you're Pettine, the way you answer that question SHOULD be -- regardless of whether you think he's the best or worst QB in the league -- is something like "He sure is playing at that elite level right now and for the past several weeks. Been to 2 Super Bowls. He'll be a huge challenge for us on Sunday."

But I guess that's why he's coaching the Browns. For a few more games.

That's definitely the way he should have responded. Honesty is not always the best policy. Yeah, and it's the Browns...their defense is terrible. They shouldn't really be calling anyone out.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is maybe looking at the fact that Wilson has 44 wins which is the same as Flacco at the same point in their careers.

He did say he was good just not the top 3 or 4 QBs
Yet some Hawk fans take that as a slight:noidea:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He's probably being taken a little out of context. The guys he listed in his top tier have been doing it at a high level for years. Not like it's a huge snub saying that guys like Big Ben, Rodgers, and Brady are still a cut above him given their extensive resumes.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I maybe was reaching with Philly but one team I would not want to play in the playoffs is the Giants. Eli and that team has that playoff magic like the Ravens. They may not make it often but when they do they'll cause trouble.

Eli would be the matchup I would prefer the Hawks avoid as well. Not that I don't think they would win but would rather avoid the better QB if possible. Fortunately they have a tougher schedule and are not in a favorable tie breaker spot.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does any Cleveland Brown know about a quality QB?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle definition of "hater": Anyone who criticizes Seattle. Accuracy irrelevant.

He's not a top tier QB. Last four games he has been. I can probably find you a 4-pack of games where Ryan Fitzpatrick is as well.

So is the sample size of this season where he is #1 in passer rating and #2 or 3 in Completion Percentage and YPA too small?

Is his career too small a sample size? You know, where he's #2 in Passer Rating in NFL history, #1 among active QBs in YPA, #2 in TD percentage, and #3 in lowest interception percentage? And he's done it all without a good receiving corp or O-Line.

Russell Wilson is, at worst, the #3 QB in the NFL today. And really, through 13 games this year, he has been in the best performer.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you agree or not agree with Pettine, you have to ask how does he know what an Elite NFL QB is being in Cleveland and all.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite QB. Top tier QB. Big deal. Who cares.

Russell Wilson does what Seattle needs their QB to do in order for the team to be successful and I'd rather have that at QB over an over-hyped top tier elite QB any day of the week.

You're absolutely right. I've been thinking this way for a long time, but you said it perfectly. If a guy fits well with a team and the team is winning, then nothing else really matters. Also, the performance and the results speak for themselves. He's been consistent at performing at a high level ever since he entered the NFL. It's undeniable that Wilson is doing a great job at quarterbacking.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you agree or not agree with Pettine, you have to ask how does he know what an Elite NFL QB is being in Cleveland and all.

Pettine has given us his expert opinion. It's up to us to decide what weight to give his opinion. I'll say 1 nanogram.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettine has given us his expert opinion. It's up to us to decide what weight to give his opinion. I'll say 1 nanogram.

But a nanogram is a unit of mass......

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I haven't seen a single Seahawk fan upset about this post or the remark.
I fine with what he said, RW needs to prove it. As mentioned by johnson, even Fitzpatrick has put up record setting 4-game stretches.

Yet troll baiters are disappointed that they didn't get the reaction they wanted. lol.

Cards are having a Great season.
Brees is over the hill and should never again be put in the conversation of current elite QB's.
Overall career...sure.

In terms of current elite, Palmer is in that group, brees, not so much.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, 3 out of his 4 season have been above 100 QB rating. His one down year last year he was an atrocious 95 QB rating. His career QB rating is 101.3. How many QBs in the history of the league have that kind of rating? :noidea: