• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pettine must not be watching opponent game film. He'll have a front row seat to show to another dominating performance

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is maybe looking at the fact that Wilson has 44 wins which is the same as Flacco at the same point in their careers.

He did say he was good just not the top 3 or 4 QBs

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a horrible diss this is. Pettine should be arrested for this comment. By the way, anyone at all think Wilson is one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league? ANYONE???

the elite reference:
"Would you put him there with the guys that can transcend their supporting cast? The [Tom] Bradys, whether it's Aaron Rodgers, [Drew] Brees, [Ben] Roethlisberger, the ones that you would consider the two, three, four elite guys? No. But he's certainly played himself into that next tier," Pettine said Wednesday.

I guess my reading skills are lacking, because it reads like a heck of a compliment to me...

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At what point would Pettine not be considered a hater in this case? Best QB in the league? Best QB ever? Something above human?

The crux of what he says is pretty much on. I guess people want to pick and splice a few words together just so they can say 'hater.'

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've put Wilson below the top tier all along so far. Still has to prove it long term.

Nice troll though in the original post.

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Wilson has to do what he's recently been doing more consistently to really earn his way into that top tier (Brady, Rogers, Brees, Rothlesberger). But hopefully it will provide a little bulletin board material for the Hawks anyway.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like some of you really want to make this a quality troll thread.

Pettine didn't say anything particularly obnoxious. The ESPN writer is making a meal out of the story.

As for Wilson. He is not one of the top 3 QBs in the league right now. He still doesn't have the body of work to support that claim. But he most certainly is playing one of the top 3 QBs in the league right now.

Let's see what Pettine's opinion of Wilson is after Sunday.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just dumb enough to bite on these troll threads.

Who cares? Early this season he and the whole team took major dumps in their pants in the 4th quarter. Lately they have all been playing better. This elite and top qb stuff is just fodder for the stat junkies with less of a life than me and that is really bad.
Reminds me of baseball and the stat freaks who can tell you how many pitches some dork threw in a losing effort in game 3 back in 1937. Nobody effing cares! Baseball sucks and the sooner it goes away the better. I would rather be forced to watch a soccer game than baseball. The only thing worse than watching baseball is listening to it on a radio! I would rather stab my eardrums. What I am really trying to say here is I don't care for baseball. I don't care if you do, enjoy!

Russell Wilson? Sometimes he doesn't suck! Maybe the last few games they put elevator pads in his shoes?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Niners were too confident, as reports said, they lost to the Browns, worsening the Browns' draft pick. Pettine, for some reason or another, thinks his coaching job is safe and was upset with last week's win. He's making sure that the Seahawks don't lay an egg, not that they were going to.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elite QB. Top tier QB. Big deal. Who cares.

Russell Wilson does what Seattle needs their QB to do in order for the team to be successful and I'd rather have that at QB over an over-hyped top tier elite QB any day of the week.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just dumb enough to bite on these troll threads.

Who cares? Early this season he and the whole team took major dumps in their pants in the 4th quarter. Lately they have all been playing better. This elite and top qb stuff is just fodder for the stat junkies with less of a life than me and that is really bad.
Reminds me of baseball and the stat freaks who can tell you how many pitches some dork threw in a losing effort in game 3 back in 1937. Nobody effing cares! Baseball sucks and the sooner it goes away the better. I would rather be forced to watch a soccer game than baseball. The only thing worse than watching baseball is listening to it on a radio! I would rather stab my eardrums. What I am really trying to say here is I don't care for baseball. I don't care if you do, enjoy!

Russell Wilson? Sometimes he doesn't suck! Maybe the last few games they put elevator pads in his shoes?

I'm confused. How do you feel about baseball?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's current 4-game hot streak has not been against the most dominant of pass defenses. And he really won't see a formidable opponent again until week 19.

Week 15 (This Sunday) he is home against Cleveland. No problem.

Week 16 he is home against St Louis. In the past, this has been a tough match up for Seattle, but the Rams seem to have lost their way and are playing very uninspiring football these days. The NFL football is going out with a whimper St Louis. They have already turned the page for Las Angeles.

Week 17 in Arizona. Nothing will be at stake for either team. Cardinals will have clinched the NFC West and the 'Hawks will have clinched the #5 seed. This is going to be the equivalent of an exhibition game. The primary objective will be to come out of the game injury-free and save the 'secret strategy' for a possible playoff matchup in week 19 or week 20.

Week 18 @ NYGaints or @Eagles or @Redskins. Whoever it is won't be much of a match up.

And then we get to week 19. This where we will find out how good of a QB Russell Wilson is.