• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still questioning whether he can perform against top defenses? There was football before this year ya know? And he has had some GREAT games against some of the best defenses in the league.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm quite ok with whatever label Pettine wants to put on Wilson. Of the 4 QB's he mentions as Elite, 2 haven't been to a SB since Wilson came to the NFL, 1 lost to a Wilson led team, and the other won his SB match against a Wilson led team on virtually the last play of the game. I don't know what that makes Wilson but I'll take it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a horrible diss this is. Pettine should be arrested for this comment. By the way, anyone at all think Wilson is one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league? ANYONE???

the elite reference:
"Would you put him there with the guys that can transcend their supporting cast? The [Tom] Bradys, whether it's Aaron Rodgers, [Drew] Brees, [Ben] Roethlisberger, the ones that you would consider the two, three, four elite guys? No. But he's certainly played himself into that next tier," Pettine said Wednesday.

I guess my reading skills are lacking, because it reads like a heck of a compliment to me...

You and me both

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Russell Wilson' thread = 'troll thread.'

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is just a bad headline. Mike Pettine said that Wilson is not yet on the level of Brady, Rodgers, Ben. However, he is right below them. Sounds fair to me. A 4th year guy isn't quite on the level as players that have been consistently good for 5-10 years. Consistency is the difference and I agree with what he said. I disagree that he is not elite. There is a perception that elite means top two or three players at their position as if it is graded on a curve. I don't think it is graded on a curve. If you reach a certain level you are elite regardless of who else has reached that level.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a horrible diss this is. Pettine should be arrested for this comment. By the way, anyone at all think Wilson is one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league? ANYONE???

the elite reference:
"Would you put him there with the guys that can transcend their supporting cast? The [Tom] Bradys, whether it's Aaron Rodgers, [Drew] Brees, [Ben] Roethlisberger, the ones that you would consider the two, three, four elite guys? No. But he's certainly played himself into that next tier," Pettine said Wednesday.

I guess my reading skills are lacking, because it reads like a heck of a compliment to me...
Stop with dat chit jarntt, you're supposed to just read what public opinion interprets.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still questioning whether he can perform against top defenses? There was football before this year ya know? And he has had some GREAT games against some of the best defenses in the league.

No

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isn't

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle definition of "hater": Anyone who criticizes Seattle. Accuracy irrelevant.

He's not a top tier QB. Last four games he has been. I can probably find you a 4-pack of games where Ryan Fitzpatrick is as well.

Then do it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You still hung up with your failed prediction that the Seahawks fans would regret paying Wilson? About time you owe up to the fact that you were wrong. Maybe stick to baseball.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle definition of "hater": Anyone who criticizes Seattle. Accuracy irrelevant.

He's not a top tier QB. Last four games he has been. I can probably find you a 4-pack of games where Ryan Fitzpatrick is as well.

Not sure what qualifies as a top tier QB. Don't really care, Wilson is good and that works for me. Just win baby!

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's current 4-game hot streak has not been against the most dominant of pass defenses. And he really won't see a formidable opponent again until week 19.

Week 15 (This Sunday) he is home against Cleveland. No problem.

Week 16 he is home against St Louis. In the past, this has been a tough match up for Seattle, but the Rams seem to have lost their way and are playing very uninspiring football these days. The NFL football is going out with a whimper St Louis. They have already turned the page for Las Angeles.

Week 17 in Arizona. Nothing will be at stake for either team. Cardinals will have clinched the NFC West and the 'Hawks will have clinched the #5 seed. This is going to be the equivalent of an exhibition game. The primary objective will be to come out of the game injury-free and save the 'secret strategy' for a possible playoff matchup in week 19 or week 20.

Week 18 @ NYGaints or @Eagles or @Redskins. Whoever it is won't be much of a match up.

And then we get to week 19. This where we will find out how good of a QB Russell Wilson is.

The Cards may have to win to hold onto the #2 seed ad have to win the last week as the Seahawks rest people because it makes no difference to them

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point here isn't whether Wilson is or isn't on par with whatever category you're talking about. The point is that if you're the coach of the team that's getting ready to play him, you can't be dumb enough to provide answers to loaded questions that can be used as bulletin board material. Some of you get this, but clearly some of you do not.

If you're Pettine, the way you answer that question SHOULD be -- regardless of whether you think he's the best or worst QB in the league -- is something like "He sure is playing at that elite level right now and for the past several weeks. Been to 2 Super Bowls. He'll be a huge challenge for us on Sunday."

But I guess that's why he's coaching the Browns. For a few more games.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then we get to week 19. This where we will find out how good of a QB Russell Wilson is.

By that point, Wilson will have played 73 games.

But that's the ONE that will tell us how good he is.:rolleyes2:

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not top tier right now, but he wins games(and it's not based solely on the fact that his team has a great defense/run game, like some QB's in the past). I think he'll take 2 SB trips and 1 SB title this early into his career over being considered an elite QB. Also doesn't seem like this is a hater type of comment, it's not like Pettine said Wilson sucks.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Pettine wrote a a balanced article but the chiefs at the news desk decided to headline the story with something more catching? This is the media folks, always looking for ways to dazzle the public.