• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan Whiffed on Every Recruit Who Took an Official Visit for the Ohio State Game

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always and excuse.
If you're going to suggest that a guy out-did Harbaugh who went to a state with 8 times the number of four star recruits and finished with 1 single four star more than Michigan, I'm going to call BS.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I fully admit that one was an excuse. But IMO, a legitimate one. The state of Texas has EIGHT TIMES the number of four/five star recruits than Michigan. 14 of A&M's 23 person class were from the state of Texas. Any coach with a pulse should be able to do OK recruiting under those circumstances. With a more talented crop of state of Michigan recruits next year, I expect our in-state haul will be more impressive on paper as well given usually 1/3 or 1/2 of our classes come from that.

I bet half of your positive ratings are from me rating your posts funny because I'm laughing at you.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're going to suggest that a guy out-did Harbaugh who went to a state with 8 times the number of four star recruits and finished with 1 single four star more than Michigan, I'm going to call BS.

Call BS all you want.

Scoreboard, bitch.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't ever think we'll recruit "bad". People are pointing out our below average class but it's only below average to the standard we set the last couple years. It still ranks in the top 25, and top 3 in the B10.

I'm not happy with this class but I don't think it's going to become the normal under Harbaugh, even if he doesn't win the conference or beat OSU this year. Our 2019 class already has 3 top 100 players out of 4 commits, and that's 3 more top 100 players than we got this year. So I'm not especially concerned.

Keep winning a lot of games, putting kids in the NFL and the recruits will still come.
This was a bad year. If you think michigan deserves to be considered among the schools that should pull recruits on name alone, this was a really bad year. He struck out all over the place with kids he really needed. You don't see Urban, Saban, Dabo, etc. doing that really ever. If he finishes 3rd in the conference and loses key games yet again this year, what is he going to have to sell these kids on when they're battling the likes of OSU, Penn State, the SEC and ACC for recruits? You've got 3 top 100 players for 2019. A year ago, you were bragging to me about you guys coming in and stealing 5* DE Leonard Taylor from our own state, and we saw how that went. BYU is currently 7th in the 2019 rankings so I'm taking anything there with a grain of salt.

Fact is, this class seems like a microcosm for how Harbaugh's tenure is going as a whole. So much pomp and showboating at first when he got there, but going into his 4th year, he has nothing to show for it except for an undeservingly fat wallet. I'd at least hope you guys are fully finished with worshipping this guy and talking about his past accomplishments as if they matter at this point. The "he was a SB coach" angle can be put to bed. He needs to figure something else out and fast.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a bad year. If you think michigan deserves to be considered among the schools that should pull recruits on name alone, this was a really bad year. He struck out all over the place with kids he really needed. You don't see Urban, Saban, Dabo, etc. doing that really ever. If he finishes 3rd in the conference and loses key games yet again this year, what is he going to have to sell these kids on when they're battling the likes of OSU, Penn State, the SEC and ACC for recruits? You've got 3 top 100 players for 2019. A year ago, you were bragging to me about you guys coming in and stealing 5* DE Leonard Taylor from our own state, and we saw how that went. BYU is currently 7th in the 2019 rankings so I'm taking anything there with a grain of salt.

Fact is, this class seems like a microcosm for how Harbaugh's tenure is going as a whole. So much pomp and showboating at first when he got there, but going into his 4th year, he has nothing to show for it except for an undeservingly fat wallet. I'd at least hope you guys are fully finished with worshipping this guy and talking about his past accomplishments as if they matter at this point. The "he was a SB coach" angle can be put to bed. He needs to figure something else out and fast.
Ok.

As a fan, I'm not worried. So laugh as much as you'd like. Michigan still has plenty of talent to compete with at a national level, especially factoring in the transfer of the #1 Qb recruit from 2016.

This class wasn't great, but was still good enough. So long as things improve in 2019, it won't matter much.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

As a fan, I'm not worried. So laugh as much as you'd like. Michigan still has plenty of talent to compete with at a national level, especially factoring in the transfer of the #1 Qb recruit from 2016.

This class wasn't great, but was still good enough. So long as things improve in 2019, it won't matter much.
Dude, this has supposedly been the case since he got here. Just waiting for things to improve. In 3 years, there's nothing. Your biggest accomplishment is coming close to winning the division and then finishing 3rd.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, this has supposedly been the case since he got here. Just waiting for things to improve. In 3 years, there's nothing. Your biggest accomplishment is coming close to winning the division and then finishing 3rd.
I'm not going to say finishing 3rd with a chance to win the B10 East is everything I've ever hoped for, but considering just 3 years ago our program was giving away tickets with a Coke purchase, I'm fine where we're at so far. I don't want this to be where we finish but I'm much happier now than I was then. How many programs would kill for a top 25 recruiting class? Hell, Michigan State fans would kill to have the #21 ranked class every year. Hell I don't think they've finished higher than like 17th under Dantonio. I'm not suggesting I want to set the bar at what would be great for MSU, but it's about putting things in perspective. Michigan's 3 full classes under Harbaugh average to #11....that's pretty damn good.

Our biggest problem is that OSU continues to kill it in every aspect of the game of football.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy that had a month or so? Yes making excuses since we still hear the excuse of Harbs first class and his short time.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy that had a month or so? Yes making excuses since we still hear the excuse of Harbs first class and his short time.
They already have 14 commitments when he was hired...which included 6 or so of our four star players. He almost had the equivalent of our entire recruiting class when he stepped on campus.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to say finishing 3rd with a chance to win the B10 East is everything I've ever hoped for, but considering just 3 years ago our program was giving away tickets with a Coke purchase, I'm fine where we're at so far. I don't want this to be where we finish but I'm much happier now than I was then. How many programs would kill for a top 25 recruiting class? Hell, Michigan State fans would kill to have the #21 ranked class every year. I'm not suggesting I want to set the bar at what would be great for MSU, but it's about putting things in perspective.

Our biggest problem is that OSU continues to kill it in every aspect of the game of football.
I think you're lowering your bar too much. If you had brought in a relative unknown to coach and you were here, that'd be one thing. Harbaugh is one of the highest-paid coaches in the country and he's so far back from the others on accomplishments it's comical.

How many programs would kill for a top 25 class? Really? Programs that I'd hate to have OSU compared to. What perspective are you looking at things from? It sounds like you guys have already lowered the bar and at this point are just happy to be a decent team.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're lowering your bar too much. If you had brought in a relative unknown to coach and you were here, that'd be one thing. Harbaugh is one of the highest-paid coaches in the country and he's so far back from the others on accomplishments it's comical.

How many programs would kill for a top 25 class? Really? Programs that I'd hate to have OSU compared to. What perspective are you looking at things from? It sounds like you guys have already lowered the bar and at this point are just happy to be a decent team.
Again, I don't want the bar to be set where we finished this year but I don't think it's anything more than a 1 year blip.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole university has serious problems right now. When I wear my MI gear, I'm celebrating the past more than the present.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already have 14 commitments when he was hired...which included 6 or so of our four star players. He almost had the equivalent of our entire recruiting class when he stepped on campus.
But they are not his kids... Isnt that another excuse used for Harbs?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole university has serious problems right now. When I wear my MI gear, I'm celebrating the past more than the present.
And that's sad and shouldn't be happening.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I don't want the bar to be set where we finished this year but I don't think it's anything more than a 1 year blip.
I guess we'll see. If you guys finish 3/4 in the B1G East again this year, what's the perspective gonna be then?