• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan vs. Florida 3:30pm ABC

Who wins between Florida vs Michigan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan 27 Florida 13

I think it will likely be sloppy, but I think Michigan will have the lead for the vast majority of the game. I suspect that losing all those players will have a pretty big impact on this game. Hopefully UF gets it all straightened out before the beginning of conference play.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember a time in recent memory that there were 2 top 25 programs playing each other in week 1 and I didn't give a shit.

I doubt either team will end the year in the top 25, unless great strides are made by either/both.

I think Michigan wins though.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember a time in recent memory that there were 2 top 25 programs playing each other in week 1 and I didn't give a shit.

I doubt either team will end the year in the top 25, unless great strides are made by either/both.

I think Michigan wins though.

I'm probably a homer, but if Michigan wins this game, they likely will not play a team that they are not HEAVILY favored against till late October. Again, if they win against Florida, the worst case scenario I see for them is 9-3 (potential losses @ Penn State, @ Wisconsin, and against Ohio State). That record would likely have them in the top 15 (depending on if they get killed in any of those games).

We'll see, maybe JH will finally come down to earth and only win 6-7 games (I think even 8 wins keeps him in the top 25). His team certainly is young, so it could be a rough year.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably a homer, but if Michigan wins this game, they likely will not play a team that they are not HEAVILY favored against till late October. Again, if they win against Florida, the worst case scenario I see for them is 9-3 (potential losses @ Penn State, @ Wisconsin, and against Ohio State). That record would likely have them in the top 15 (depending on if they get killed in any of those games).

We'll see, maybe JH will finally come down to earth and only win 6-7 games (I think even 8 wins keeps him in the top 25). His team certainly is young, so it could be a rough year.

I don't follow Michigan, so you certainly know more than me. However here is what I think of UM this year -

1. Last year you won because you had a great defense, most of those play makers are in the NFL.
2. Weak QB play and little play makers on offense.

Again, I could be dead wrong, but this is how I view this year's Michigan team.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow Michigan, so you certainly know more than me. However here is what I think of UM this year -

1. Last year you won because you had a great defense, most of those play makers are in the NFL.
2. Weak QB play and little play makers on offense.

Again, I could be dead wrong, but this is how I view this year's Michigan team.

Your concerns are definitely valid. The thing that will help Michigan is that even though they lost A TON of starters (many high pick NFL guys), they DECIMATED several teams last year. So the bench got a lot of playing time in several games. Many of those bench guys were 4* recruits (with a few 5* guys in the mix).

Speight wasn't as bad as he was made out to be last year...although he was probably an average QB at best last year. He was just a sophomore in 2016, starting his first year, so I think he will get better. With at least a few high end QB recruits behind him, if he starts this year, then Harbaugh must have a lot of confidence in him.

I guess we'll see, but I don't think Michigan will be outside the top 25 without a few significant injuries this year.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan played Florida in the Citrus Bowl in 2016. The score was 41-7. Florida didn't win.

So What?

Your Big10 Champ team beat FSU's 7-4-1 team 20-18 in 1986. Since then we have hung
51 on another Big10 Champ Mich team, with a Heisman Trophy winner at the Big House
and whipped you again in the Orange Bowl last year.

You may not be aware of this fact, but the scoreboard starts at Zero each time a new game
begins

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So What?

Your Big10 Champ team beat FSU's 7-4-1 team 20-18 in 1986. Since then we have hung
51 on another Big10 Champ Mich team, with a Heisman Trophy winner at the Big House

You may not be aware of this fact, but the scoreboard starts at Zero each time a new game
begins

You do realize what you said originally, right? You literally said, Michigan couldn't hang with UF's speed. Hence the reason I posted the game they just played, not from 30 years ago.

Or did UM get slower with two top 5 draft classes the last two years?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So What?

begins

Nothing says whipped like a game winning TD with less than two minutes left....

HighTide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be a good game, Florida doesn't have a qb and Michigan is starting a bunch of new faces.

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan 27 Florida 13

I think it will likely be sloppy, but I think Michigan will have the lead for the vast majority of the game. I suspect that losing all those players will have a pretty big impact on this game. Hopefully UF gets it all straightened out before the beginning of conference play.
they lost 1 starter.. the rest are freshman

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it will be a good game, Florida doesn't have a qb and Michigan is starting a bunch of new faces.
we have 3 qbs.. one of them has to better then none.. plus i love the fact that mac wont name a starter yet.. hard to game plan against an unknown

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have 3 qbs.. one of them has to better then none.. plus i love the fact that mac wont name a starter yet.. hard to game plan against an unknown

Don't forget that Jimmy Jam's playing that same game. Whoever he picks I hope it's the wrong QB.

Go Gators! fuck meeeechegan!!!

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize what you said originally, right? You literally said, Michigan couldn't hang with UF's speed. Hence the reason I posted the game they just played, not from 30 years ago.

Or did UM get slower with two top 5 draft classes the last two years?

You have no clue.

The great Pitt coach, Jock Sutherland said it 90 years ago. "You don't judge team speed
by your fastest players, you judge it by your slowest."

You folks in the Big10 are a fuckin' joke. Never in the annals of CFB, has so much
tribute been paid to a Coach ("Bo") that, not only never won a NC, but was the bitch of the PAC-8
in the Rose Bowl (1-8).

Give me a break, boy!

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida isn't picking a started because none of them are good and at least two will probably play in the game, not because he's just trying to trick Harbaugh.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no clue.

The great Pitt coach, Jock Sutherland said it 90 years ago. "You don't judge team speed
by your fastest players, you judge it by your slowest."

You folks in the Big10 are a fuckin' joke. Never in the annals of CFB, has so much
tribute been paid to a Coach ("Bo") that, not only never won a NC, but was the bitch of the PAC-8
in the Rose Bowl (1-8).

Give me a break, boy!
If Michigan didn't have the record it does vs. southern teams not named FSU, you might have a point.