• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan vs. Florida 3:30pm ABC

Who wins between Florida vs Michigan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, yeah. Especially without two of their best players. But, Michigan's defense looks awesome.
Two of their best players couldn't have helped that much today.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
take that phil steele

DIlLcwtVYAAz0U8.jpg

**experience**

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their speed is fine. They just don't have any offensive talent. They are worse than I thought
they were.

The whole 'team speed' argument held water a decade ago (when Lloyd Carr would recruit 90% in the Midwest) or if you are talking about a Midwest team that doesn't recruit nationally. It is ridiculous now.

We've now played Florida twice in 3 years and blown them out twice. Their offense has scored 10 points total combined in the 2 games and it has been two completely different defenses doing that to them (we had one returning starter on defense this year).

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense usually loses games.....replacing one ineffective qb with an even worse ineffective qb doesn't help either
Wasn't McElwain supposed to be an offensive guru and QB whisperer?

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, what a complete domination by Michigan!!!

The last time Florida left their state for an OOC regular season game, was in 1991 and Syracuse beat them. 26 years later they leave their state for an OOC regular season game and get destroyed by Michigan.

It's even worst than that.

The last time they ever won an OOC regular season game outside the state of Florida
vs a team with a winning record was 1947. They've only won 2 such games in their
history. 1947 and another one in 1939.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole 'team speed' argument held water a decade ago (when Lloyd Carr would recruit 90% in the Midwest) or if you are talking about a Midwest team that doesn't recruit nationally. It is ridiculous now.

We've now played Florida twice in 3 years and blown them out twice. Their offense has scored 10 points total combined in the 2 games and it has been two completely different defenses doing that to them (we had one returning starter on defense this year).

I believe you are making my argument. Without southern players and speed, the argument is very
much alive. Probably why Harbaugh brought his team to Florida for a couple of weeks of spring
practice. Urban Meyer spends so much time at Ft Lauderdale St Thomas Aquinas, many thought he was
a student there.

You better recruit Florida and/or teams from deep in the heart of Dixie or you're toast.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's even worst than that.

The last time they ever won an OOC regular season game outside the state of Florida
vs a team with a winning record was 1947. They've only won 2 such games in their
history. 1947 and another one in 1939.
WOW!!!! I didn't know that, thanks for the info. I can see why Florida doesn't want to leave the state, for an OOC regular season game.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you are making my argument. Without southern players and speed, the argument is very
much alive. Probably why Harbaugh brought his team to Florida for a couple of weeks of spring
practice. Urban Meyer spends so much time at Ft Lauderdale St Thomas Aquinas, many thought he was
a student there.

You better recruit Florida and/or teams from deep in the heart of Dixie or you're toast.

Your argument was Florida had more team speed, which would makes sense if it were 10 years ago and Urban Meyer was bringing in top 5 recruiting classes. He isn't though. And the team who showed they were much faster on the field was Michigan, who has been recruiting nationally since Harbaugh took over.