• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan state week/game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus LBU stop having your glass over flow with optimism. Donovan isn't helping win any games with those calls. Hack and Barkley were doing well and he decides to go away from the run that was getting yards. That hurt the momentum. I understand the defense is banged up but that has nothing to do with Donovan. The man needs to go or Franklin needs to go for allowing him to call these plays. Also how do we constantly get delay of games after a timeout now that's uncalled for and huge red flag.

They had 400 yards against a defense that held OSU to 132 and moved ball up and down field for 2.5 quarters till they fell so far behind because THE DEFENSE shit the bed. Saying Donovan had a good game plan yesterday is not optomism, its reality. He didn't make Kyle Carter fumble the ball while driving to make it 13-10, instead it goes 20-3.

We are a young team, if you can't see that we are young with very little depth, some of that due to redshirting guys who maybe could've played because of long term view, not short term, then I can't help you. FWIW, I don't think Donovan survives the offseason, but I don't know who you want and what you think they can do till we have a solid 2 deep OL with some experience.

Figured we'd win 9-10 this year based on schedule, wasn't counting on Temple or NW being so good. Injuries and youth took their toll down stretch. All the yioung guys on D hit the wall and our tackling was TERRIBLE down stretch. NAssib and Sickels out was killer yesterday and Nassib missing most of Michigan game was huge blow.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game showed our youth and lack of depth perfectly. We are on the way guys and it is a process. I agree that for the most part our offensive gameplan was fine. Goal line still a big concern, but we ended up with a total of 19!!! fewer yards then them. Not to say Donovan is absent of guilt, but this offense resembled an offense for a good chuck of the game. Get rid of dumb INT in endzone and fumble and who knows how this ends up. I get just as pissed as I am sure most do, but the corner is here and we will be turning it next year. If not then throw the bank at Chip (Think the Eagles give him one more year) or someone. We have a lot better coaching vacancy then when we got BoB and JF. Now we just wait until the bowl selection and enjoy the influx of help we redshirted this year on the line.

Side note but while it was in garbage time McSorley had some good presence and zip on the ball. If he is our QB next year I feel pretty good about our situation. If it is Stevens (heard better in practice) or Zembiec that are the starting then great, but I think we will see a big step forward with a QB that works in Franklins system.

At least someone gets it.

As far as Trace/Stevens, they are very high on Trace and he has command of the locker room/great leadership. Team really respects him. I know they were surprised how good Stevens has been, exceeding expectations, but I had not heard that he was outperforming Trace anywhere. We'll have a mobile guy next year, hearing Steven Gonzalez may be the best guard on team by end of season, but they weren't burning his shirt that late...also hit the wall a bit like most freshmen do. Gonzo, Bates and Beh should push for time.

Its not a quick fix, won't be all cylinders till 17, but should be better next year with more qualtiy depth from class that redshirted and incoming class. We are still coming off sanctions and essentially not being able to recruit for 2 years and having a 45 man roster

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way we couldn't finish off drives has been a major problem all season and to me it felt like Michigan State was playing bend but don't break yesterday to try to cruise into the B1G title game with everybody healthy.