• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Michigan state week/game thread

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last regular season game for that hideous Land Grant trophy. Lions banged up and on road. Hopefully they can pull it together and stay in with a chance to win.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think PSU has a chance in this game. I won't be overly heartbroken is PSU loses. MSU is a really good team and is a terrible call away from still being undefeated. MSU, IMHO, is the ONLY chance the B1G has to repeat as champs. Iowa doesn't have it even though they are unbeaten and OSU is falling apart.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think PSU has a chance in this game. I won't be overly heartbroken is PSU loses. MSU is a really good team and is a terrible call away from still being undefeated. MSU, IMHO, is the ONLY chance the B1G has to repeat as champs. Iowa doesn't have it even though they are unbeaten and OSU is falling apart.

I agree on Iowa, I think whoever reps the East is going to beat them senseless. I think we can beat MSU, especially in Cook isn't healthy or close to 100%. Do I think we will win, no, but I think we have a chance based on how we match up. Can't make mistakes like last week though.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to which o-line and Hack shows up. If the offense that played Illinois shows up then I think we have a chance. However I just don't see it. This game might before by halftime. The bet should be is this Hack's last big ten game?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all comes down to which o-line and Hack shows up. If the offense that played Illinois shows up then I think we have a chance. However I just don't see it. This game might before by halftime. The bet should be is this Hack's last big ten game?

That would be about a 99.9% chance of yes

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be about a 99.9% chance of yes

Why not stay a year and improve your draft stock. He fell from top 5 to out of first round and his decisions to leave early will cost him millions. I do see his chances increasing in him being drafted by OB in 2nd round.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not stay a year and improve your draft stock. He fell from top 5 to out of first round and his decisions to leave early will cost him millions. I do see his chances increasing in him being drafted by OB in 2nd round.

He'll be in first round after he does private workouts and hits combine. Scouts will drool when they watch him throw. Don't think he wants to take chance of coming back and getting beat up again. Still think BOB snaps him up or another team sees his freshman film when he had protection, watches him throw and jumps all over him in round 1.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll be in first round after he does private workouts and hits combine. Scouts will drool when they watch him throw. Don't think he wants to take chance of coming back and getting beat up again. Still think BOB snaps him up or another team sees his freshman film when he had protection, watches him throw and jumps all over him in round 1.

I don't know how scouts can over look two bad years of throwing. Maybe if that 1 good year of throwing was the most recent then yes but I just don't see a GM using their precious 1st round pick on Hack. If he does got to the NFL then I hope I am wrong.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know if Nassib will be playing

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how scouts can over look two bad years of throwing. Maybe if that 1 good year of throwing was the most recent then yes but I just don't see a GM using their precious 1st round pick on Hack. If he does got to the NFL then I hope I am wrong.

Again, he will crush it throwing in workouts and at combine, his measurables are prototype, someone will jump on him

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My God is this team beat up. No Sickels, Gesecki, Nassib still banged up.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please fire Donovan!!! My God on 1st down we get 3yds to the 1yd line and we throw it on the other downs. Barkley can get you the 1yd for the TD. I rather have them go for it on 4th down and not make it then get 3pts.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCKING BULLSHIT CALL and No Call!!! That was a incomplete pass not a fumble then where was the block in the back on Hack.

Also Hack needs to throw the damn ball away not keep taking stupid sacks.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just too beat up on D and guys in there so young and learning on the fly. Kyle Carter fumble was a killer. Hack playing well, Donovan called a very good game minus not running barkley on that FG drive. They have done far more than OSU was able to accomplish against this D

Team shows some flashes, just aren't fully stocked with the horses at all spots yet.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan needs to be fired if Franklin wants to coach more then three years. I'm sorry but after two seasons of not adjusting to what he had he has proven to be an ineffective seat filler in that booth. If you cannot adjust to what players you have, you will never be successful because you will never have 100% of the players that you want to run one specific offense. You can tell as soon as they line up what two plays are the possibility for that formation and God knows we have way too many formations.

Yes, mistakes were made all around such as our special teams and worn out and beat up defense all but giving up in the second half.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is just too beat up on D and guys in there so young and learning on the fly. Kyle Carter fumble was a killer. Hack playing well, Donovan called a very good game minus not running barkley on that FG drive. They have done far more than OSU was able to accomplish against this D

Team shows some flashes, just aren't fully stocked with the horses at all spots yet.

Jesus LBU stop having your glass over flow with optimism. Donovan isn't helping win any games with those calls. Hack and Barkley were doing well and he decides to go away from the run that was getting yards. That hurt the momentum. I understand the defense is banged up but that has nothing to do with Donovan. The man needs to go or Franklin needs to go for allowing him to call these plays. Also how do we constantly get delay of games after a timeout now that's uncalled for and huge red flag.

Last edited:

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was hoping the game wouldn't get that ugly. I really hope we can get a win in our bowl game. These players really deserve it, in my opinion, and I also think they have a lot of heart which is a great sign for the future.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game showed our youth and lack of depth perfectly. We are on the way guys and it is a process. I agree that for the most part our offensive gameplan was fine. Goal line still a big concern, but we ended up with a total of 19!!! fewer yards then them. Not to say Donovan is absent of guilt, but this offense resembled an offense for a good chuck of the game. Get rid of dumb INT in endzone and fumble and who knows how this ends up. I get just as pissed as I am sure most do, but the corner is here and we will be turning it next year. If not then throw the bank at Chip (Think the Eagles give him one more year) or someone. We have a lot better coaching vacancy then when we got BoB and JF. Now we just wait until the bowl selection and enjoy the influx of help we redshirted this year on the line.

Side note but while it was in garbage time McSorley had some good presence and zip on the ball. If he is our QB next year I feel pretty good about our situation. If it is Stevens (heard better in practice) or Zembiec that are the starting then great, but I think we will see a big step forward with a QB that works in Franklins system.