• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan AD releases statement...at 1am...condradicting Hoke hours before

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you not read an article that you yourself posted?

I'll sum it up for you. The AD is not blaming Hoke. He's blaming communication flaws amongst personnel and lack of in place procedure regarding checks and balances.

I didn't see any criticism directed at Hoke alone.

I read parts, obviously, but I'm tired of reading lies from our athletic department. This letter was no different than when they blamed communication errors for the skywriting over Spartan stadium. Lies. All Lies.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't understand how Hoke employed right now. Imagine you are a parent of a Michigan football player or a recruit. No way I would trust my lid with him after what transpired. Get out in front of this or you could lose a recruiting cycle. Well that and it was a POS move to put that kid back in

We already lost a commitment last night. At this point, I don't care - the staff can't develop them anyway. Fire everyone. Start over. The recruits will come.

Brandon needs to go first. Nothing changes until Brandon is gone. Chants to fire Brandon happened at the game -- not Hoke. Which is unprecedented.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda hard to believe NOBODY saw the hit and then subsequent dizzy wobbling of this poor kid ...

Last edited by a moderator:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also sucks knowing that Les Miles has already said, on the record, "I would never say no to Michigan".

This AD is an ass hat.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Dave Brandon's Wikipedia page:

Same thing happened with Steve Petersen at Nebraska. He'd directed athletic personnel to take down all the portraits of prior players that had won individual awards. He wanted to erase the past and build his own legacy. He had just given Callahan a 5 year contract extension.

Chancellor Harvey Perlman fired Peterson and replaced him with Tom Osborne who fired Callahan at the end of the season.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read parts, obviously, but I'm tired of reading lies from our athletic department. This letter was no different than when they blamed communication errors for the skywriting over Spartan stadium. Lies. All Lies.

Yeah. If you read the first paragraph you read the whole thing. It was a lot of excuses meant to distract attention away from Hoke.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also sucks knowing that Les Miles has already said, on the record, "I would never say no to Michigan".

This AD is an ass hat.

People say shit all the time. Mora said he would leave a playoff Atlanta falcon team to coach at UW, his dream job.

When the opportunity came for him, he said no.

...also, wheres the link of Les saying that. Not really doubting you, but I'd like to know how long ago he said it.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People say shit all the time. Mora said he would leave a playoff Atlanta falcon team to coach at UW, his dream job.

When the opportunity came for him, he said no.

...also, wheres the link of Les saying that. Not really doubting you, but I'd like to know how long ago he said it.

He's quoted in a few books by John Bacon. But you can get the quote here:
New Book: Les Miles 'Would Never Say No To Michigan,' But Michigan Men Said No To Him | ThePostGame

"Miles tells the Michigan president he "would never say no to Michigan," but insists he can't jump from LSU until after the Tigers' upcoming bowl game. If Michigan waits and asks in January, Miles says, "I will be your coach.""

Needless to say, no one asked in January.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's quoted in a few books by John Bacon. But you can get the quote here:
New Book: Les Miles 'Would Never Say No To Michigan,' But Michigan Men Said No To Him | ThePostGame

"Miles tells the Michigan president he "would never say no to Michigan," but insists he can't jump from LSU until after the Tigers' upcoming bowl game. If Michigan waits and asks in January, Miles says, "I will be your coach.""

Needless to say, no one asked in January.

Yeah. Just found it myself. Sounds like you guys need a new AD first.

That includes Brandon, the A.D. who considered both Jim and John Harbaugh for the Michigan job in 2010 but is indirectly quoted as saying Miles would get the position "over my dead body."

Whats his problem with Les? Sounds personal.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it only took 60 hrs to come to a conclusion that the kid had a concussion?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Just found it myself. Sounds like you guys need a new AD first.

That includes Brandon, the A.D. who considered both Jim and John Harbaugh for the Michigan job in 2010 but is indirectly quoted as saying Miles would get the position "over my dead body."

Whats his problem with Les? Sounds personal.

The internet rumor is that something transpired between Miles and Lloyy's wife.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Odd. According to that book it was Carr that first reached out to Les. :noidea:

meh. Fire Brandon and go after Les. Problem solved.

Now lets wait for the next coach at LSU threads...:suds:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lesgrind.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan should not go after Miles. How has Les done rebuilding a program? He walked into an established program at LSU.

How long til he retires and this circus begins again?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7Samurai13 said:
Michigan should not go after Miles. How has Les done rebuilding a program? He walked into an established program at LSU.

How long til he retires and this circus begins again?[/QUOTE]

:agree: :10:

been beating that drum for a minute but the so-called primary tree huggers haven't awakened from the 90's, just yet. The how long til he retires and this circus begins again seems to be a moot point to many Maize-Blue fans, just not me.

JMO, he won't come close to the expectations that Alumnus have in mind. if he's hired.

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Students and alumni upset with the Michigan athletic department's mishandling of a football player's head injury are planning an on-campus rally Tuesday night to call for athletic director Dave Brandon's resignation.~espin

:pop2:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Students and alumni upset with the Michigan athletic department's mishandling of a football player's head injury are planning an on-campus rally Tuesday night to call for athletic director Dave Brandon's resignation.~espin

:pop2:

Everything I've read so far seems like the AD is maneuvering to figure out a way to throw Hoke under the bus and keep his job. Methinks Meatchicken would be wise to replace both of these dim bulbs.

Put that dumpster fire out before it burns down the building.

At this point they should be figuring out a way to fire both of them for cause so they can quit paying them too.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gary Moeller's wife when he worked for Moeller.

My bet is Hoke gets fired after the season, not during, and Brandon hires the next coach. I understand there's a complete cluster right now but I'll be shocked if Brandon is fired.