• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins Wildcard Round Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?

I mean, I guess Moore is a downgrade from Tanny...but not much of one, and he's played great the last three games, 2-1 against rivals and better than a 2 to 1 TD/INT ratio.

The playoffs are a different monster. Regular season records and matchups against potentially common opponents in the playoffs mean very little to nothing.

As good as Moore was for 3 regular season games - he has as much playoff experience as Tannehill.

Plus the Steelers still have Big Ben-Bell-AB plus the rest of their WR corps - And still a quality defense.

Plus its going to be wintry weather again and much more so than it was in the final road game at buffalo.

I am by no means calling Moore either a downgrade or an upgrade - But people are talking as if we have some sort of edge over them and as if he gives us some sort of edge -- thats far from the truth.

Its a pretty even matchup in all honesty but its trending in their direction.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The playoffs are a different monster. Regular season records and matchups against potentially common opponents in the playoffs mean very little to nothing.

As good as Moore was for 3 regular season games - he has as much playoff experience as Tannehill.

Plus the Steelers still have Big Ben-Bell-AB plus the rest of their WR corps - And still a quality defense.

Plus its going to be wintry weather again and much more so than it was in the final road game at buffalo.

I am by no means calling Moore either a downgrade or an upgrade - But people are talking as if we have some sort of edge over them and as if he gives us some sort of edge -- thats far from the truth.

Its a pretty even matchup in all honesty but its trending in their direction.

lmfao, stopped reading at this.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmfao, stopped reading at this.

The first portion is true in all sports - regular season records and meetings go out the window come playoff time for a variety of reasons -- the biggest reason it goes out the window in this matchup is injuries. In the regular season matchup, we had our starting QB - they didn't - he came back in but the game had virtually already been decided.

Secondly, it wasn't until this game that the Fins started hitting their stride before hitting a bump on the road towards seasons end again.

Now, we are without our starting QB - possibly still without our starting LBs. Without our starting center -- Our secondary is banged up which doesn't help considering that portion of our defense is always shaky beyond Reshad Jones.

Also our kicker is rather iffy as well regardless of how good he has been -- when he misses it tends to be at the worst possible time -- weather will affect the kicking game.

I mean these are just the facts surrounding the game. If you don't like it because you don't agree with them, thats not my problem... just saying.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first portion is true in all sports - regular season records and meetings go out the window come playoff time for a variety of reasons -- the biggest reason it goes out the window in this matchup is injuries. In the regular season matchup, we had our starting QB - they didn't - he came back in but the game had virtually already been decided.

Secondly, it wasn't until this game that the Fins started hitting their stride before hitting a bump on the road towards seasons end again.

Now, we are without our starting QB - possibly still without our starting LBs. Without our starting center -- Our secondary is banged up which doesn't help considering that portion of our defense is always shaky beyond Reshad Jones.

Also our kicker is rather iffy as well regardless of how good he has been -- when he misses it tends to be at the worst possible time -- weather will affect the kicking game.

I mean these are just the facts surrounding the game. If you don't like it because you don't agree with them, thats not my problem... just saying.
We were talking about Tanny vs Matt Moore, had nothing to do with all the other problems with the team right now.

Do I expect to win? No

Do I think Tanny would give us a better chance? No

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Rex's fat ass on our sidelines, let that bum stay at home or go destroy another team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a tough choice at all because they also needed KC to lose which was unlikely. I said it before not after. Either way I'd rather have a fresh team than an injured one against most anyone especially in a crap shoot situation. Even playing Moore at the end was asinine.... I blame Gase although I understand that he's trying to create a never quit attitude to change the culture. You just can't do this when it's this bad. Now the backups are getting hurt Rambo didn't practice...

I wasn't pointing the finger at you. I don't know who made the decision to play for the win so I cannot judge the intent - or the results. Good luck in Pittsburgh......

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Jones was released by the Fins today - he was granted his release after asking for it when told he wouldn't play on Sunday -- further depleting our already depleted, questionable defense.

He hopes to catch on with another playoff team - surely the Cheatriots will pick him up to gain game-planning edge/all the cheating they can get -- for a future matchup

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wipe my ass with your opinion and that of your entire classless fan base.

I am often highly critical of my team - never have I said they suck. If constructively criticizing them suggest that, though -- so be it.
I have to say that I don't always see eye to eye with Paolo but that is funny haha!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fins have beaten the Steelers so they know it's not impossible. That said, Ben R played hurt against the Fins. The Fins will need to win the battle at the lines of scrimmage to have a chance. The Fins have confidence in Moore & the WR's will be tough to cover. At RB Ajayi will be getting carries of course but I wouldn't overlook Williams. He has a chance to redeem himself after his big fumble vs the Pats. Also Drake has breakaway speed. He can be a game changer. I'd like to see Grant get worked into the passing game a little more. The Fins should play loose no one besides there fans is giving them much of a chance. The Fins won 10 games this year. They deserve to be in the game, they just need to go do what they do & they'll have a chance.
Exactly any given Sunday!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're right. I'm guessing that the Steelers play to stop the run which will lead to open WR's in the passing game.
They sure didn't like the pounding last time so they will definitely focus on the run. Fins would be smart to pass a little more to start to take them out of it. Then run it down their throats. The pats did this and it resulted in a few 3 and outs to start.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to see Rex's fat ass on our sidelines, let that bum stay at home or go destroy another team.
I don't like that loud mouth prick either but he could be a decent DC if he focused on that. Either way my distaste for him would rather see him leave the conference entirely.

Reactions: TJL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that loud mouth prick either but he could be a decent DC if he focused on that. Either way my distaste for him would rather see him leave the conference entirely.

I would prefer the Dolphins hire Rex, thank you.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its game day -- lets hope not our final game day of the year -- but maybe at least that of our DC as he is a hot name for HC job especially Denver.

BTW, rex or his brother as DCs here wouldn't be a bad option. He doesn't have what it takes as an HC but DC is he is one of the best minds in the game despite his loud mouth.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its game day -- lets hope not our final game day of the year -- but maybe at least that of our DC as he is a hot name for HC job especially Denver.

BTW, rex or his brother as DCs here wouldn't be a bad option. He doesn't have what it takes as an HC but DC is he is one of the best minds in the game despite his loud mouth.
Rex can be good but his brother is horrible. Either way why have a loudmouth nipping at our young HC I can't see that being good chemistry especially since Rex will be vying for his job every second of the day. AG will bring in his own guy if necessary.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keys to an improbable victory today is simple:

We must be efficient on offense and diverse. Score a TD on just about every drive -- Having to call on Andrew Franks to put up points for us may lead us to coming up empty. Establish the run and stick with it for as long as possible no matter what -- from there work the passing game -- Allowing MM to cut it loose simply will not be to our benefit.

On defense we need to be disciplined and not give them extra , easy yardage -- our defense does that enough without committing penalties -- we don't need to maximize the problem with penalties. Having Byron Maxwell out will help in avoiding some unnecessary penalties.

AG needs to call his play based on the down and distance -- not try to get cute and trying to be a tough guy. It will be better to be smart than to try to play the tough guy role.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have to toss a few to start as they'll be keying on the run with 8-9 in the box. Take advantage as you can't force something that's not there. This happened last game and they went 3 and out. In the end they will back off and run it down their throats!!!!

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins again win toss and differ -- because their defense is sooooo great.. not...against the explosive Steelers offense