• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it please you if everyone but OSU fans stopped posting their opinions?
tenor.gif

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll never know as this committee doesn't have authority to investigate what happened within the Powell PD. They have no more access to the hidden records than a reporter IMO. That would be the jurisdiction of the Ohio State Patrol I believe.
The committee's hands are bound by what info the Powell PD gives them, which I'm sure is little if anything more than what Chief Vest has already provided publicly (an amended/redacted report provided July 24th 2018).
Chief Vest would be a fool to admit the PD was influenced 'not to pursue' by someone within OSU. That would cost him and others within the dept their jobs.

“He was never arrested, never handcuffed, never brought in and never charged in a court of law here in 2015,” Vest told the website. “There were never any charges filed in the court process. So the word ‘arrest’ was simply checked on a box that shouldn’t have been checked.” - Chief Vest

I still don't get how a proper domestic violence investigation is conducted without having at least a sit-down/eye-to-eye with the accused. One doesn't have to be under arrest for that to happen.
Well that's why I said I don't expect fall out for the PD. It won't be investigated directly and I doubt the media would make much headway even if they did decide to focus on them after the report is out.

I just expect after Meyer is reinstated for the story to shift and that part of is sort of is left in the what if bin forever.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll never know as this committee doesn't have authority to investigate what happened within the Powell PD. They have no more access to the hidden records than a reporter IMO. That would be the jurisdiction of the Ohio State Patrol I believe.
The committee's hands are bound by what info the Powell PD gives them, which I'm sure is little if anything more than what Chief Vest has already provided publicly (an amended/redacted report provided July 24th 2018).
Chief Vest would be a fool to admit the PD was influenced 'not to pursue' by someone within OSU. That would cost him and others within the dept their jobs.

“He was never arrested, never handcuffed, never brought in and never charged in a court of law here in 2015,” Vest told the website. “There were never any charges filed in the court process. So the word ‘arrest’ was simply checked on a box that shouldn’t have been checked.” - Chief Vest

I still don't get how a proper domestic violence investigation is conducted without having at least a sit-down/eye-to-eye with the accused. One doesn't have to be under arrest for that to happen.
He wasn't brought in because (according to what he told ESPN right there in front of God and everybody) he went to them.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<sarcasm> Wait - I thought we had all of the information on this incident. </sarcasm>

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180815/dispatch-complaint-seeks-powells-release-of-zach-smith-police-report said:
The Dispatch has filed a public-records complaint in the Ohio Court of Claims as the city of Powell refuses to release records of a 2015 incident in which former Ohio State assistant football coach Zach Smith was accused of domestic violence.

Added in edit: I wonder if the Dispatch will be kind enough to quit looking into this matter once the 14-day investigation at Ohio State has concluded . . .

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<sarcasm> Wait - I thought we had all of the information on this incident. </sarcasm>

Added in edit: I wonder if the Dispatch will be kind enough to quit looking into this matter once the 14-day investigation at Ohio State has concluded . . .
If it doesn't affect Urban Meyer or Ohio State, do you really give a shit?

Milkshake

There Will Be Blood
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a matter of fact, yes.
6Zar-T6gvrp7a6etIQmqj18qz6VPLrdjLmJjvZBIpPaqI9hkEi6hNFVWf_i57CmvJqim_ZpzrkCSB6EQ95pO-KpW0JykT5a9B2I7XifEm6WsuOXkIVdYrOLcLdTn=w530-h373-p

With that kind of virtue signaling - you've earned a button! Pick one, sorry wizard and warrior have already been taken. As a domer, I'm thinking cleric?