• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

• 'Tallica

• MegaDave

• Metal 'tater salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this mean Mustaine doesnt do the family life thing?
Yeah, he does. And very well. Unlike Metallica though, he didn't commercialize his struggles in some bullshit cringe-filled documentary.

Megadeth's body of work > Metallica's body of work

And it's not even close.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is that metallica is superior. Even if megadeth had greater success and sold more.
For you to say that, I'm assuming you like Metallica's releases post-...And Justice? RtL, MoP, AJFA - some of the best music ever. After that? Horseshit.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

It's hard to stack anything against Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All but Megadeth, without a doubt has produced way more really good music. I haven't liked one single track since ...And Justice from Metallica and watching them in the psych sessions and Lars' whiny-ass bitching and James in his douchebag outfits and stupid-ass hair and all the slick marketing and Trujillo on bass and all his foolish antics and East LA bullshit, I'm just so completely over Metallica.

There hasn't been a single note of good music from Metallica since 1988.

Megadeth just keeps right on rocking. Check this shit out and tell me Dave doesn't still have it. Plus, he's a damn decent dude.

Metallica's biggest mistake was parting ways with their original producer, Fleming Rasmussen. That guy was absolutely brilliant in helping them craft their songs into epic pieces of art, Bob Rock totally neutered their creativity and signature sound.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metallica's biggest mistake was parting ways with their original producer, Fleming Rasmussen. That guy was absolutely brilliant in helping them craft their songs into epic pieces of art, Bob Rock totally neutered their creativity and signature sound.
...not to mention Lars' bullshit, especially fucking with the bass constantly. I actually liked a lot of what Bob Rock did.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that Metallica took a huge dive after AJFA, but let's not act like the Black Album doesn't have some absolutely bad-ass tunes on it.

Megadeth has had a lot of turnover in the band, but they always seemed to have more talented musicians than the guys in Metallica. But, Metallica, especially early Metallica, had much better song construction/composition on most of their albums. And, as much as I enjoy Megadeth, let's be honest, they have a shit ton of filler/garbage material that they've put out since the early 90's.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...not to mention Lars' bullshit, especially fucking with the bass constantly. I actually liked a lot of what Bob Rock did.

Yeah, Lars is a little cocksucker. It makes me sick the way he essentially insisted on Jason's bass being absolutely inaudible on AJFA. Fucking ego the size of the sun.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Lars is a little cocksucker. It makes me sick the way he essentially insisted on Jason's bass being absolutely inaudible on AJFA. Fucking ego the size of the sun.
After Some Kind of Monster, I just can't tolerate him anymore.

Have you seen the remastered Metallica albums with bass on YT? Going to find one now and post it.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...this is it. Pure fucking gold. What could have been if not for Lars' bullshit. :ohwell:

PackJason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually have the AJFA album with the audible bass instead of the studio version on my playlist. Once I heard it with the bass, I never went back to the original.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Some Kind of Monster, I just can't tolerate him anymore.

Have you seen the remastered Metallica albums with bass on YT? Going to find one now and post it.

yes i have, sounds SOOO much better!

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pre-1990: Metallica
Overall (especially since 2000): Megadeth