• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

• 'Tallica

• MegaDave

• Metal 'tater salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And came to prominence a little later, after the doors had already been blow off by the Big 4 and their other peers.

Sure, but eventually turned into a highly-influential and notable band in their own right. Far more deserving of acclaim than tier 2-3 bands like anthrax

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but eventually turned into a highly-influential and notable band in their own right. Far more deserving of acclaim than tier 2-3 bands like anthrax

giphy.gif

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metallica versus Megadeth...

Depends on what I'm in the mood for. Metallica's first four albums are amazing (even if they are basically the same album over and over and over and over again as far as format) but I'm even a pretty big fan of the black album and the load albums. They weren't "Metallica" but they were still damn good rock and roll albums. I hated them at the time but in hindsight they fucking rocked too.

Megadeth is a more consistent catalog and as a recovering metal guitarist, probably more impressive from a musician's standpoint.

Dunno. Love me both.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my favorite Megadeth song:

Cant argue with that! One of the all time great metal songs!

Here is another one of my favs. Not as speed metal, but great lyrics and song structure:

Pantera loved this song. Dimebag made their famous "Blacktooth Grin" cocktail based on the lyrics: 2 shots Seagrams, 2 shots Crown Royal, one shot cola.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, it's Metallica. Whoever said those early albums have a couple of good songs surrounded by mediocrity is crazy or high.

And I don't understand the prevailing belief that Megadeth has been putting out "good" albums as of late. I have been completely underwhelmed.

No one ever said that. I suggest you re-read the posts. The opposite of your comment was said.

As far as recent output, the last 10 years of Megadeth gave us 4 solid metal albums and one so-so album. Of course it is a matter of opinion but at least they never put out anything nearly as bad as Lulu.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised that it is 2-1 Metallica. Hilarious because they are embraced by the masses with their mediocre pop metal (post- And Justice For All output, before that was brilliant), the same masses they begain their career railing against. They absolutely hated mainstream until they realized the money they could make embracing it.

PackJason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised that it is 2-1 Metallica. Hilarious because they are embraced by the masses with their mediocre pop metal (post- And Justice For All output, before that was brilliant), the same masses they begain their career railing against. They absolutely hated mainstream until they realized the money they could make embracing it.

Yep. The same band that put the price on the cover of Cliff 'em All so record stores wouldn't overcharge ... Sold out in the worst way.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one ever said that. I suggest you re-read the posts. The opposite of your comment was said.

My bad

That sentence structure though. :scratch:

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like Metallica's first four albums. Maybe that song "One." I like the albums after that.

I don't really like metal.
I remember being really surprised when you bought their S & M album..and then highly amused when you discovered it wasn't really what you thought it would be. Then highly disturbed when you got angrily carnal with that summer squash

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember being really surprised when you bought their S & M album..and then highly amused when you discovered it wasn't really what you thought it would be. Then highly disturbed when you got angrily carnal with that summer squash

Nothing relieves my disappointment quite like hate fucking the contents of the fridge's crisper drawer.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This coming from the only man who has been banned for life from ACME's produce aisle
I remember seeing the story on Fox 8. The looks of trauma on those women still haunt me, but what haunts me more is @SlinkyRedfoot's evil giggle as he was smoking some menthols and cuddling with the debris of veggies he had gathered.