• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

Metallica Vs. Megadeth

• 'Tallica

• MegaDave

• Metal 'tater salad

Results are only viewable after voting.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As was noted, Mustaine wrote all or most of the music for Four Horsemen, Jump in the Fire, Phantom Lord, Metal Milita, Ride the Lightning, The Call of Khuthula, and Leper Messiah.
Hetfield wrote the lyrics and some of the song structure on these, while Lars gets writing credits for providing drums.
Mustaine actually would have gotten more writing credits for song structuring if not the main riffs on the first two albums (and maybe some of MofP?) if he hadn't pissed off the rest band so much.

That is not to take away from the rest of the band's contributions on Kill'em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets. All brilliant albums.
Then .......And Justice For All, which also is a great album, but fucking Lars told the sound engineer to turn down the bass track so his drums would stand out. So you can't even hear the bass, which kind of sucks. Fuck Lars.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can all agree that Lars is a whiny bitch.

Plus he went from barely adequate drummer and somehow has descended to crappy. Some of his live performances have been really shitty.

I have heard good things about the new Metallica album but I haven't checked it out yet.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump

Given further thought, it is Megadeth all the way for me. If it weren't for Mustaine, there might not even be a Metallica.

Hell, Mustaine is ostensibly responsible for 3 of the 4 "Big 4" of thrash metal. (Kerry King is a Mustaine disciple)

Metallica's first 4 are incredible, but Kill Em' All should almost be a notch on Mustaine's belt.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump

Given further thought, it is Megadeth all the way for me. If it weren't for Mustaine, there might not even be a Metallica.

Hell, Mustaine is ostensibly responsible for 3 of the 4 "Big 4" of thrash metal. (Kerry King is a Mustaine disciple)

Metallica's first 4 are incredible, but Kill Em' All should almost be a notch on Mustaine's belt.

Probably a decent bet that Metallica wouldn't have reached the same level of success had they kept Mustaine either though. He was driven to prove them wrong after they kicked him out. Had he remained, without that extra motivation, who knows what Metallica would have become. Mustaine is clearly not the easiest dude to get along with after all.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a decent bet that Metallica wouldn't have reached the same level of success had they kept Mustaine either though. He was driven to prove them wrong after they kicked him out. Had he remained, without that extra motivation, who knows what Metallica would have become. Mustaine is clearly not the easiest dude to get along with after all.

Oh he's an egomaniac, but a talented egomaniac nonetheless.

Unfortunately, Metallica's success also equals them sucking wrinkly balls.

Talent-wise, there is no comparison. Megadeth is comprised of much better musicians.

I still take Megadeth.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take another aspect:

Megadeth not only has featured more talented musicians but their song structures have been more complex and intriguing, where as Metallica's songs are rather simplistic in their formats.

I would also argue that Megadeth's lyrics are more intelligent and thought provoking but it is a debatable point. However, while I find the lyrics more intelligent and stimulating, I don't always agree with Dave's views, as his abrasive personality sometimes shows through. But it is metal so it is supposed to be abrasive.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bump

This.

It's hard to stack anything against Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets and ...And Justice For All but Megadeth, without a doubt has produced way more really good music. I haven't liked one single track since ...And Justice from Metallica and watching them in the psych sessions and Lars' whiny-ass bitching and James in his douchebag outfits and stupid-ass hair and all the slick marketing and Trujillo on bass and all his foolish antics and East LA bullshit, I'm just so completely over Metallica.

There hasn't been a single note of good music from Metallica since 1988.

Megadeth just keeps right on rocking. Check this shit out and tell me Dave doesn't still have it. Plus, he's a damn decent dude.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take another aspect:

Megadeth not only has featured more talented musicians but their song structures have been more complex and intriguing, where as Metallica's songs are rather simplistic in their formats.

I would also argue that Megadeth's lyrics are more intelligent and thought provoking but it is a debatable point. However, while I find the lyrics more intelligent and stimulating, I don't always agree with Dave's views, as his abrasive personality sometimes shows through. But it is metal so it is supposed to be abrasive.
From Ride the Lightning til ...And Justice, Metallica's lyrics were really, really good. Dave's have always been pure genius.

NorEEzta

Behold: A Pale Horse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Ride the Lightning til ...And Justice, Metallica's lyrics were really, really good. Dave's have always been pure genius.
I like the older milder version, now that I'm older. Seem more mature.

PackJason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You weren't very nice to me several years ago.

:suds:

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megadeth is literally a Metallica reject.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megadeth is literally a Metallica reject.
main-met-300.jpg

Yeah, just think. If Dave hadn't been booted for his alcoholism (certainly not his lack of talent) he might still be hanging out with these badasses.

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
main-met-300.jpg

Yeah, just think. If Dave hadn't been booted for his alcoholism (certainly not his lack of talent) he might still be hanging out with these badasses.
Does this mean Mustaine doesnt do the family life thing?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slayer and Megadeth both have a more complete discography than Metallica.

Metallica's first three/ maybe four albums are their best.

I tend to lump these three bands together in my 'all the time' playlist

FNM and Pantera in the same hierarchy for me.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megadeth and it's not close. This is why. Classic mustaine.

Grammy House Band Plays Metallica After Megadeth Win

In response to the house band playing Master of Puppets during megadeth's walk to the podium, Dave later replied on Twitter saying "ah you can't blame them for not being able play Megadeth." Megadeth's riffs are just so fucking killer even though it sounds like Dave's vocals are utter shit anymore. He used to be able to actually sing the notes, now he just growls them way off key.

Holy Wars is the obvious awesome song from Megadeth. My personal favorite though is Ashes in Your Mouth. The synergy between mustaine and Friedman on that song is palpable.

Last edited:

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Megadeth and it's not close. This is why. Classic mustaine.

Grammy House Band Plays Metallica After Megadeth Win
Well if anyone with a button up shirt knew any megadeth songs maybe the house band might have known some megadeth songs to play. Reality is megadeth never left the fringe... maybe thats good to you, but metallica made music that rocked beyond the fringe metalheads. Metallica sold more than 3x the albums that megadeth did.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if anyone with a button up shirt knew any megadeth songs maybe the house band might have known some megadeth songs to play. Reality is megadeth never left the fringe... maybe thats good to you, but metallica made music that rocked beyond the fringe metalheads. Metallica sold more than 3x the albums that megadeth did.
So you'll go with group opinion over yours as judged by album sales?

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'll go with group opinion over yours as judged by album sales?
My opinion is that metallica is superior. Even if megadeth had greater success and sold more.