• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef99 View Post
Tlance, i'm assuming if I go through the MBBRL thread it'll explain things? I haven't gotten around to that yet.[/QUOTE

Honestly, I am not sure that it will unless you ago all the way back to the CBS thread. I am not sure of the specifics this year regarding moving between leagues, but I am sure Wil will post that info before the season starts.

After Tiance replied to the quote at the top i checked in with everything below i wanted you all to know i did so this place is best it was posted in the B league thread

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys as Tiance said above Wil will clarify all You can trust that

The info and statistics that Wil posts about the MBBRL are beyond he is incredible

I was lucky enough to stumble onto the old not to be mentioned boards and find this great gang in the MBBRL
and what freaked me out besides their very obvious knowledge and enthusiasm was the detailed info and statistical feedback that Wil posted about the MBBRL..

The depth of his work and the interesting insight is fun and a great read

i consider myself lucky to be welcomed by Wil-Tiance-Smoking Monkey-Treff-Foot-TkoSpikes-Scapegoat-AveJoe-Sam Sportboy-LeftyPower and am thankful that im in the league

Trust me guys you should and I expect that you will feel the same

money leagues and all of our own personal leagues are great

BUT

there is no place that i would rather be then the MBBRL....

so raise a glass

and hey you get to match wits with me EH!!:canada:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barilko again I will say it, the world needs more people like you man!

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ram and Treff,

How much did you guys pay Wil to land in the top 3 of both leagues?

Its shocking to be honest I usually am always drafting in the bottom half of the league.. ex. last year for suicide i believe i was 8th.. MBBRL "B" i was 9th and in out MBBRL for baseball i was 10th..

Luck had too change sometime with these draft picks

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its shocking to be honest I usually am always drafting in the bottom half of the league.. ex. last year for suicide i believe i was 8th.. MBBRL "B" i was 9th and in out MBBRL for baseball i was 10th..

Luck had too change sometime with these draft picks

Well at least from the 9 spot I don't have to worry about you grabbing guys I have on my radar a couple of picks before me. I think that happened 3-4 times in the suicide. .....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh - hope I can live up to Barilko's billing.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least from the 9 spot I don't have to worry about you grabbing guys I have on my radar a couple of picks before me. I think that happened 3-4 times in the suicide. .....

don't worry Lefty... I'm sure you'll still be cursing a few picks no matter who is where.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preamble to MBBRL Season 3 (the Beginning of the SportsHoopla Era)

The class of the league in the CBS Era was Yellow Fuzzies - the only owner to have a winning record in both seasons, the only owner to have made the playoffs both years, the leader in overall breakdown (or "all-play") record, and last year's champion. Fuzzy had mediocre starts but turned on the jets late in both years.

The Year 1 champ was DUB, who was relegated to the B League at the end of the year. DUB has ambled on to other things, but he'll always be the Year 1 MBBRL champ.

"A" LEAGUE HISTORY

Year 1
Playoffs
Champ: DUB
Runner-up: One4Golf
3rd place: Yellow Fuzzies
4th place: Sam

Regular Season Triple Crown Categories
Points For: Yellow Fuzzies
Top Seed: DUB
Breakdown Record: Yellow Fuzzies

Year 2
Playoffs
Champ: Yellow Fuzzies
Runner-up: Leftypower
3rd place: Treff
4th place: DuffBeerDoug

Points For: TREFF
Top Seed: DuffBeerDoug
Breakdown Record: TREFF

Relegated
TKO
Sam
DUB
Foot

The CBS message board implosion cost us some owners, so TKO and Sam were able to keep their spots in lieu of owners who were lost - moment of silence for dog and naughtymax, who should have been in the A league this year.

Ram Tough and Tlance earned their spot in the A league this year through relegation. Monkey moved up through attrition as the next-highest team.

Special mention for the luckless Scapegoat, who ended up 7-7 both years and hasn't made the playoffs, but has the second-best overall breakdown winning percentage at .579.

Another special mention for The Foot. There was no room in the MBBRL for Treff and The Foot, so before the 2012 season Foot challenged Treff for the right to stay in the league based on MBBRL performance. The challenge was accepted and Foot got clobbered. Treff has relented and allowed Foot to stay on in the B League (in the expectation that Foot will never make it back up).

And a toast to others no longer with us: Hawk, skinnypig, vikingsfan and killjoy, who were also lost in the ether.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great Write up Wil!! I'm glad I got into all this last year and was there when CBS message board imploded. Happy we found SportsHoopla

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 cheers for attrition!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preamble to MBBRL Season 3 (the Beginning of the SportsHoopla Era)

The class of the league in the CBS Era was Yellow Fuzzies - the only owner to have a winning record in both seasons, the only owner to have made the playoffs both years, the leader in overall breakdown (or "all-play") record, and last year's champion. Fuzzy had mediocre starts but turned on the jets late in both years.

The Year 1 champ was DUB, who was relegated to the B League at the end of the year. DUB has ambled on to other things, but he'll always be the Year 1 MBBRL champ.

"A" LEAGUE HISTORY

Year 1
Playoffs
Champ: DUB
Runner-up: One4Golf
3rd place: Yellow Fuzzies
4th place: Sam

Points For: Yellow Fuzzies
Top Seed: DUB
Breakdown Record: Yellow Fuzzies

Year 2
Playoffs
Champ: Yellow Fuzzies
Runner-up: Leftypower
3rd place: Treff
4th place: DuffBeerDoug

Points For: TREFF
Top Seed: DuffBeerDoug
Breakdown Record: TREFF

Relegated
TKO
Sam
DUB
Foot

The CBS message board implosion cost us some owners, so TKO and Sam were able to keep their spots in lieu of owners who were lost - moment of silence for dog and naughtymax, who should have been in the A league this year.

Ram Tough and Tlance earned their spot in the A league this year through relegation. Monkey moved up through attrition as the next-highest team.

Special mention for the luckless Scapegoat, who ended up 7-7 both years and hasn't made the playoffs, but has the second-best overall breakdown winning percentage at .579.

Another special mention for The Foot. There was no room in the MBBRL for Treff and The Foot, so before the 2012 season Foot challenged Treff for the right to stay in the league based on MBBRL performance. The challenge was accepted and Foot got clobbered. Treff has relented and allowed Foot to stay on in the B League (in the expectation that Foot will never make it back up).

And a toast to others no longer with us: Hawk, skinnypig, vikingsfan and killjoy, who were also lost in the ether.

I lol'd.........did TREFF clobber Foot or did he "club" Foot, or is Nick just a clubfoot?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the "B" league wouldn't be so bad if as you are assured of at worst an 11th place finish.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lol'd.........did TREFF clobber Foot or did he "club" Foot, or is Nick just a clubfoot?

In all honesty, I didn't do anything. .his trades and late season inactivity sealed his fate. No reason for holding the #1 waiver spot and letting the Bryce Brown's of the world to continually slip past while hanging onto half of that bench. He made it really easy.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't worry Lefty... I'm sure you'll still be cursing a few picks no matter who is where.

No doubt about that TKO . ..... if you can't have the first 14 picks there is bound to be. ...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for not mentioning the Indy auto pick fiasco of 2011. Or the kiss of death kudos last season.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This MBBRL is so much fun and Will has started out strong just as we have come expect.

OK- With backpack season is over and tennis playoffs ending this weekend, I am ready for SOME FOOTBALL! Still got FBB but the focus is changing. You should see some posts from the Fuzzies from here forward.

Fuzzy had mediocre starts but turned on the jets late in both years.

Not sure who I'll take at pick #6. I am actually more intrigued with who will be there at #19 in the 2nd round. You can be assured that I will be trolling the waiver wire and looking for trading partners during the season.

Sunday should be fun- I have last round of state over 55 (age) playoffs at 11:00, a draft with fishing pals at 3:00, then MBBRL draft that evening. Forgive me if I slur my words as I type during our draft.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for not mentioning the Indy auto pick fiasco of 2011. Or the kiss of death kudos last season.

You kicked my ass with the autodrafted Colts...of course so did everyone else that year...damn McFadden and Chris Johnson!!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in the 8 th spot so i just did a mock from there

maybe my fellow Barbarians wont look lol

by round

1-Charles
2-Dez
3-Fitz
4-Lafoot Miller
5-Bell
6-Ryan
7-Austin-Vereen was on the queue and went 1 spot earlier
8-Ingram-Bernard on Queue and went 2 before my pick
9-Givens
10-Cook
11-Tate
12-Bengals
13-Randle
14-M bush
15-K Davis
16-Foot Zuerlain

thus my team

Qb-Ryan
Rb-1-Charles
Rb-2-Miller
Wr-1-Dez
Wr-2-Fitz
Flex-Bell-Austin-
Te-Cook

Df-Bengals so what
K-really so what

bench

RB-Ingram-Tate-M bush-K Davis
Wr-Givens-Randle

i would like a little better flex but all and all not too shabby from the 8 hole