• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Men's Basketball @ BC, 1/29/14 7pm RSN

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So Barksdale is likely out vs. BC and we don't expect Smith back anytime soon. There has got to be something behind all of the injuries in this program. Or is there something to these tweets?<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Soft players aggravate me. Probably more than they should . But they really do.</p>&mdash; KipTJam (@KipTJam) <a href="https://twitter.com/KipTJam/statuses/420541703704305665">January 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>No one is saying you need to play if you have a significant injury,but you do need to get your butt on the court and stop waiting to be 100%</p>&mdash; KipTJam (@KipTJam) <a href="https://twitter.com/KipTJam/statuses/420540853137178624">January 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>When you step onto the court for the 1st day of practice in college as a freshman, that's the only time you will be fully healthy your 4 yrs</p>&mdash; KipTJam (@KipTJam) <a href="https://twitter.com/KipTJam/statuses/420539835074744320">January 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script><blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After that you will always have bumps,bruises and aches of some sort. Always.Comes with being a D-1 athlete at ACC level</p>&mdash; KipTJam (@KipTJam) <a href="https://twitter.com/KipTJam/statuses/420540409883148288">January 7, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's KipTJam?

Injuries seem to have plagued VT more than other teams as far back as I can recall...not to down play if they are serious injuries, but maybe before heading to the combine LT3 should drop by Merryman and give the boys a lecture on playing tough

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who's KipTJam?

Injuries seem to have plagued VT more than other teams as far back as I can recall...not to down play if they are serious injuries, but maybe before heading to the combine LT3 should drop by Merryman and give the boys a lecture on playing tough

He is some sort of basketball guru who used to post under the alias RevZekeVodka on TSL. I believe he scouts AAU basketball and such, but is a VT fan and has VT connections. He often provides inside information from the basketball side.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A guy who posts on TSL as Rev Zeke (or something like that) who is very knowledgeable about the program. He brings the bball scoop when there is any. For example he hinted a while back that one of the players plans to transfer after the season. Didn't name any names, but we just started recruiting a 2014 forward so my guess is Wood.

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand....BC is on fire. 67% (18/27) FG and 61% (11/18) from beyond the arc. 2nd half we're down by 22....

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does BC always own VT so bad in hoops? 7 of the last 8?

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're gonna finish 1-17 in the ACC arent they? If it wasnt for that 1-point win in OT against Miami...

vtfan15

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Why does BC always own VT so bad in hoops? 7 of the last 8?

Idk. Even when we were decent and the sucked, they still swept us. Actually probably kept us out of the NCAA tournament a least once. :L

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is it that no matter who we play, our opponent has a 3 point clinic on against us....they can be 15% from 3pt range on the season, come play us and they drain them all night long. infuriating

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how is it that no matter who we play, our opponent has a 3 point clinic on against us....they can be 15% from 3pt range on the season, come play us and they drain them all night long. infuriating

This team plays defense like the coach is worried about guys getting into foul trouble. We have enough depth to play more aggressive on defense. Jacking 3 pointers is all BC does, yet VT allowed them to do it instead of forcing the dribble or pass. Part of it is the players (i.e. Eddie is so slow, that anyone will blow by him once he defends up close usually causing a reach foul) and part of it is the want to. I've seen opponents get wide open looks while the VT defender simply stands and watches with his hands down.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team plays defense like the coach is worried about guys getting into foul trouble. We have enough depth to play more aggressive on defense. Jacking 3 pointers is all BC does, yet VT allowed them to do it instead of forcing the dribble or pass. Part of it is the players (i.e. Eddie is so slow, that anyone will blow by him once he defends up close usually causing a reach foul) and part of it is the want to. I've seen opponents get wide open looks while the VT defender simply stands and watches with his hands down.

I get that a big part of it is on the D, and I'm not just talking about BC doing it, it seems like everyone is always on fire from behind the line against us...maybe I just naively expect that other teams might be like VT, who even if shooting completely wide open would probably go <25% from 3

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why we were playing a 2-3 against a team that wants to jack 3s is beyond me. Man up in their face and make them go to the basket where you have help.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well a good chunk of it is because the shots are often wide open. Our guys routinely go under screens which is ok in certain situations and if done correctly. Except our guys don't do it correctly. They'll take FOREVER to get around it, often getting tangled up between the screener and our big man so the ball handler has plenty of time to rise and fire.