• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent Murphy - Goner

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might it have something to do with the fact that we are the only team that says... we run a 3-4, and yet damn near refuse to draft/sign 3-4 personnel??

Indeed, years ago I created a thread titled "Square pegs into round holes" and because I included guys like Kerrigan who were moved from the position that they have played most of their lives to a new unfamiliar position, I caught shit about it.

This team's management lacks vision when it comes to player acquisition and how they best "FIT" here. The past and current methodology is "well he did this when he played on team X, let's get him, and maybe we can get the same production out of him." OR "Let's draft a player then move him to an entirely different position from the one that made him draftable." (Yeah, I realize that both Kerrigan and Scherff made such transitions) I'm OK with Schreff, not so much with Kerrigan.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard 3 years at 30M which is laughable. How does anyone expect the Skins to pay that for a 4th OLb?

I really don't concern myself with how much a player gets or doesn't get. There are 32 teams in this league, they all have needs where the value of player X in one place, seems to be an overpay at another place. My focus is on "FIT" which is a greater indicator of production than cost.

Take Ryan Grant for example, a gross overpay from our perspective right? Quite possibly a desperation move by the Nevermores as well, but one thing is sure to happen with him in B'mo, they are going to use him as a wideout far more than he was used here. In their system he might show out, might not, but they saw something in the guy that they evidently believe is useful to them.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't concern myself with how much a player gets or doesn't get. There are 32 teams in this league, they all have needs where the value of player X in one place, seems to be an overpay at another place. My focus is on "FIT" which is a greater indicator of production than cost.

Take Ryan Grant for example, a gross overpay from our perspective right? Quite possibly a desperation move by the Nevermores as well, but one thing is sure to happen with him in B'mo, they are going to use him as a wideout far more than he was used here. In their system he might show out, might not, but they saw something in the guy that they evidently believe is useful to them.

Fine, but I don't understand posters on here who blast this organization for letting our backups players go for big money in FA. There is no way we keep Grant,TM, Long, or Bree at the money that was paid to them. It didn't make any sense of us and that's how I look at it.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine, but I don't understand posters on here who blast this organization for letting our backups players go for big money in FA. There is no way we keep Grant,TM, Long, or Bree at the money that was paid to them. It didn't make any sense of us and that's how I look at it.

Agreed, free agency is not there as a singular means for the owners to acquire talent. The talent also get a benefit from becoming free agents, well, at least, those with a perceived talent to bargain with. There's a market for talent and just because we see less value in a player than other team's do, doesn't mean that both perspectives cannot exist at the same time. In fact, I'm sure that right now there are people talking about Richardson in the same way that Grant is being talked about here. #Perspective

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, free agency is not there as a singular means for the owners to acquire talent. The talent also get a benefit from becoming free agents, well, at least, those with a perceived talent to bargain with. There's a market for talent and just because we see less value in a player than other team's do, doesn't mean that both perspectives cannot exist at the same time. In fact, I'm sure that right now there are people talking about Richardson in the same way that Grant is being talked about here. #Perspective

I don't know about that but I see your point

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CAnt speak about other teams. But I think Dan and his flunky of the year have a fundamental flaw. They believe you need that SUper Star player and everything else will fall into place. At one point it was Arrington, then they went on the Deion, Bruce Smith, next it was the Bob move, then signing Norman. Not sure if Smith is just the next victim of carry the team syndrome, or if they will make +The Move+ at some point this off season.

Oh I forgot about Haynesworthless...... Classic that one.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roullier is our starting center. They really like him, they are willing To let Long leave b/c he is average at best and will get overpaid in FA. That is why he is leaving. Long was drafted to be our new LG and couldn't handle it. FACT!!!! Had to move to center.
2nd dumbest thing you have uttered in 2 days . .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd dumbest thing you have uttered in 2 days TM was a starter for us as was long , BB , fuller,and KC

the only numbers i have heard about TM is 3 years 21 mil i havent seen long numbers yet and BB is getting 3 yrs 24 mil

i like roullier but i am not ready to rate him as anything special after a few starts

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd dumbest thing you have uttered in 2 days TM was a starter for us as was long , BB , fuller,and KC

the only numbers i have heard about TM is 3 years 21 mil i havent seen long numbers yet and BB is getting 3 yrs 24 mil

i like roullier but i am not ready to rate him as anything special after a few starts

Bottom line is that we dont need those players and they all got overpaid in FA. I guess the organization didn't like Long b/c we have a huge need at LG and we just let him go. I wonder who has been saying that for years. lol. I love it when im right. predicted all these moves.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How the hell can you justify bringing TM back at a 3year 30mil contract as NFL network reported for a 4th OLb?

The funny this is they ddint want Long which I find that hilarious.

Grant is self explanatory even for you.

BB was a decent deal but there is too much money tied up in Norman plus we are giving our 3rd round pick Moreau a chance and we just signed back Dunbar. If DRC comes on board he is a solid 4th CB. BB was average at best, I can see why the team moves on.

I don't understand why you cant see that we moved on from these guys. Who cares that they were draft picks. The talent doenst match the money.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiem is ssaying exactly what I said in his lastest article.

As players leave Redskins, in-house replacements must produce

No he isn’t. You are saying the guys leaving are back ups or suck. He is saying:

Trent Murphy would have been the third OLB, not fourth. He also omits the fact that TM pushes PS and is as good, maybe better. He then brings up the point of PS being a FA next season. I would not have paid 10 mil per season for TM. I would have approached him in December offering five mil a season while he was on IR.

Breeland would have still been our two with Moreau pushing. At 8 mil per season, he should have been signed. It would leave us the option to go away from Norman next season and save much more money. Then B.B. and FM could be our starting corners at a much lower rate and equal production. Again, I would have started talking to BB back in Nov/Dec and offered 6 mil a season.

Ryan Grant is interesting. There isn’t a person in the world that would have predicted 8 million per. He did produce this season and should have been approached in December as well. I would have came with 2 mil per season.

Spencer Long was approached last season with a low ball. It seems we like to do that to our own. You say we have an in house option and Keim agrees with you. Who would that be exactly? We don’t have a LG on the roster that would push Long off the team. I would have offered him 3 mil per season back in December while he was injure during to kick off negotiations.

Keim claims we didn’t sign KC so we could sign other guys. Well, who exactly have we signed that we would have been unable to sign? We went out and signed an unproven Paul Richardson for 8 mil per season. We re-signed Dunbar. Ummm, that is it.

Keim also said the in house guys have to perform. He didn’t say they have proven they can. That isn’t good management. You don’t allow good players to walk with the blind hope the guys behind them can perform. That isn’t how you get better. That is how you win three games.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean will twist BS to suit his purpose . the only real case for over pay is ryan grant . the rest should be on our team other teams paid our guys to be STARTERS and some of the figures dean posts about TM are shaky . i consistently see 3 yrs 8 mil

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiem is putting the sunshine spin on it. He has learned, the quickest way to be an outsider at Redskins park is to negatively portray the team or its moves. As his JOB depends on getting the breaking news out of Ashhburn, what he does give needs to have a slightly if not outright positive spin.... for job security if nothing else.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean will twist BS to suit his purpose . the only real case for over pay is ryan grant . the rest should be on our team other teams paid our guys to be STARTERS and some of the figures dean posts about TM are shaky . i consistently see 3 yrs 8 mil
Spotrac has TM at 3 years, 21million.